3girldogs

Still getting stomach cramps after eating

I still get stomach cramps after eating. The PA put me on dicyclomine 20mg tablets four times a day. They keep the cramps from getting really bad like originally. Does or has this occurred with anyone else?

It keeps me from trying a lot of foods because the cramps are so unpleasant. Although I am not working, we just moved to South Carolina, I am worried about finding a job because of the cramps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am going to see the doctor at bariatic Carolina center April 2 nd.

I hope you get better soon. I was having a bad day yesterday with cramps in my tummy. I get relief from Gas-X, and curling up with a hot water bottle on my tummy. I also eat with a stopwatch still to make sure i'm eating slow enough. That and i'm chewing well enough to. I've found when my pouch is bitchy i have to go to mushier foods and even chew those well. Then i'm better the next. [Hug].

Are you OK with liquids. If so it's OK To go back to shakes for awhile. I know it may seem like a setback, but it's not. It's just your body getting protein the protein it needs, the way it needs right now.

Hang in there.

I didn't eat a lot of variety for several months, I'm not sure I'd call them cramps, but not much felt very good down there. One thing my program did say is that sometimes people have to stay on the soft food stage for up to eight weeks.  The thing that has always felt good is soup.

I'm staying on soft foods. I love soup too. But even with soft foods I still get the cramps. This morning I had tomato soup (left over from dinner). For lunch I will just have a half of a sandwich. I was going to use ham spread as the filling.

I didn't pack my mixer or protein shake powder and I just don't want to go out and buy one. I'm staying at the KOA in Mt Pleasant in Charleston, South Carolina. As soon as our house clears in Seattle we should be able to purchase our house in Summerville. Then I will get all my supplies (everything is in storage).

These stomach cramps keeps me from going out and exploring this new city. I'm always afraid I won't be able to find a bathroom in time and I have no one I can call to provide support.

I felt this way for about Five months... then it gradually got better. Do check with your surgeon. Mine did the light thingy to check for problems. None were found but I'm glad he checked. I was on the patch, and two meds by mouth as well as Protonix.. like Tom, I found foods that didn't hurt and stuck with them. I was able to increase the variety eventually. Good Luck!