surgery today

kathma

Hi everyone, it is 3am and l am booked in today to have revision surgery. Have slept well and am feeling calm, just awake! Thought ld check in as not sure when l will be up to it next. The last few days of pre op diet have been fine, not hungry & no desire to eat. It will be interesting to step on scales at hospital as l haven't weighed myself. Today is the start of my new life, l am looking forward to seeing who l become as l haven't been a healthy normal weight my whole life.

l am REALLY looking forward to feeling feminine! I haven't worn a dress in years. Good luck to the others having surgery today. =)

Good luck today!

Hi Kathma

I hope everything went well with the surgery and you are recovering quickly.

Best of luck to you.

Pretty soon you will be able to run with your dog on the beach.

Gabriella

Edited by Gabriella Hegyi

Hope you are recovering quickly. Looking forward to having you back on the boards.

Hello everyone, your well wishes have worked!Day 2 post removal of lapband & gastric bypass & l feel really well. The day of surgery 18th was yuck, spent night in intensive care, sharing my bed with tubes coming from various places in my body. Decided that if anyone thinks this is an easy option for losing weight they haven't been through major surgery. Felt better next morning, then had that awful swallow to check the plumming, spent next few hours with watery bowel actions! Challenging when tubes need to come with you! A little worried at this stage that something was wrong as radiographer looked concerned. Moved out of intensive care so was reassured. Diarrhoea stopped and the sun started to shine =) I started feeling really good. My surgeon came by & said all went well, some evidence of removal of lapband had made radiographer think l had 2 pouches! Surgeon explained this will settle after a few months & pouch will look like others & work the same. Last night all the tubes came out & really felt good. I have had a patient controlled analgesia button last 2 days so virtually pain free. Today l am onto tablets & drinking clear fluids. Can't believe how quickly the recovery is. Having the band out feels great. Puffy hands & feet so doubt id have lost much but day of surgery l had gone down by 13lbs due to pre op. Will be going home tomorrow morning, no hunger or cravings ( even coffee !!) l am feeling so hopeful. Best wishes to all. X Kath

Edited by kathma

Glad things are going well.

That is awesome Kathma!  I'm so glad to hear you're doing well!

Thankyou. How are you both going?

I'm doing well, thank you!  I just sat here and logged my food for the day and I realized I've got to add a protein shake or two into my intake!  So far today only 250 calories and 30 protein.  (which I'm still only taking 1/4 cup of food at a time)  Seeing those low numbers are still shocking and scary considering that was a whole "meal" when I was dieting!  If I have a shake before bed tonight though, that will add in quite a bit.  I guess I'll shake for snacks twice a day until my food intake is better.  

Congratulations!  You sound very positive and upbeat - great attitude :P