Jbeaver and Bluemoon are hitting the bench!

Eluna

You will be in our thoughts today, we hope you have a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery! 

Positive thoughts winging their way to everyone having surgery today.

I came through my surgery just fine. I am home and doing well. I have soreness in my belly and chest. I was disappointed to find that I left the hospital 3 lbs. heavier than when I went in. I have lost that and a little more now. Yesterday was not one of my better days. I ran a low grade fever and felt achy. I learned not to put off taking the pain medicine when I am in pain. I am not proving anything to anybody. The pain med has something in it that reduced the fever and I felt much better after taking it. Today is shaping up to be a better day. :)

I am glad you are feeling better today BlueMoon!  

Had a really good day until about 9:00 pm today. I tried to take the meds that are on my list this evening. I have been taking the anti-depressants very well. I tried the Allegra tonight. I immediately became violently ill. I threw up. My head hurts like h__l. My tummy hurts. My chest hurts. I am starting to settle down now. If my stomach continues to settle, I will take my pain meds in about a half hour. I am waiting because I am afraid to put anything in my stomach for fear I will throw it up right now. I will not take that stuff again. I am one miserable puppy right now.

Oh no! Hopefully you can either tolerate it better next time or get an alternative!

I was taking niaspan for my cholesterol prior to surgery with no issue but I took it last night after getting the ok from my surgeon's office for the size and it was like I took a super dose. Hives and swelly lips and "flushing" from my scalp to my toes.

I'm stopping until I speak with my pcm tomorrow.

Hopefully your tummy settles and you get that pain medication down!

By 11:00 pm my tummy had settled down. I took my pain meds, then I took a shower and went to bed. I was up once during the night but otherwise slept soundly. I feel much better this morning although my belly is very sore. I just came in from a little walk around my backyard. Said hello the neighbor's dog and petted her for a bit. That always improves my spirits.

I called the doctor this morning and got some answers to my questions. I decided not to take the Allegra for awhile. She answered some other questions as well.

BTW, Eluna, my doctor told me not to take niacin after my surgery. So sorry about the flushing. That is a very uncomfortable feeling. I have had that but not with swollen lips. You poor thing.