March 5th

tlc1015

Have my prep 2/26, start 5 day liquid diet 2/28 and surgery 3/5. Counting down the days, nervous and excited. Just ready to start my new healthy, HAPPY, life.

Welcome to T-T. There are a lot of helpful people on this site to help answer your questions.

I am also March 5th!  I have been on my preop diet for a week now, which isn't all liquid.  My nutritionist puts us on a 2 shake/one meal plan with no extra carby foods in that meal (4 oz protein and 1 to 1.5 cup veggies) with 3 very small snacks too. (snack choices are beef jerky, string cheese, or half a shake)

Well, tonight was "the last supper" with some Peeps as a dessert. My FAVORITE! tomorrow begins 3 shakes, and clear liquids for next 5 days. Committing myself to follow the plan. Praying for strength:)

Hi,TLC1050!

Tonight I had my "last supper" also. I feel very sad!

Now isn't this a ridiculous emotion?!

I have been fighting, for this surgery, and now I feel sad.

Hopefuly tomorrow I will feel better.

I am praying for strengh and sanity also.

Gabriella

Dear Butterfly4eva27

May I ask you  what is your pre-op diet?  I would be curious to know what makes you sick?

My pre-op diet is 2 protein shakes Bariatric Advantage

3 oz of lean meat (fish,chicken or turkey) baked, broiled, grilled.

1/2 cup of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain pasta, or 1 slice of whole grain bread or 1/2 cup of resh fruit.

salad with low-fat dressing.

Pluss 1 snack if needed per day (raw veggies, deli meat of low-fat cheese

Since the quantity of salad and the raw veggies are not given

I think I will have a nice big salad

and chop up some celery, carrots, cauliflower etc. for my snack.

Since I am diabetic, I will forget about the starchy stuff , but I might take the 1/2 cup of fresh fruit.

My preop diet starts on the 3rd of March.

Gabriella

Best of luck to you all. Isn't it exciting to finally be able to begin changing your life, so much to look forward to.

Sooo anxious. Waiting for my husband to bring me some soup from the hotel resturant then I'm going to take my "antibacterial" shower (with dial soap) and get ready to try to sleep.

I have to be at the hospital at 5:45am and my operation at 7am.

My husband will have my phone until I'm coherent again so I may be a few days posting haha!

I will be thinking of you. Lucky you, almost time to start your new life.=)

Prayers for you tomorrow!

I just wanted to say, Thank You all for the well wishes and prayers. My surgery is scheduled for 730am Pittsburgh, PA time, arrival at 530am.

Funny story, I have been up and down with my weight since I was 11. But no matter how high the number, no one ever believed that was my weight. I was always told that I carry my weight well, and I guess that I started to believe it. When I looked into the mirror, I saw someone that was overweight, yes, but never considered myself obese. I also don't let anyone take pictures of me. But tonight, I had my daughter take my before pics, I actually told her that I didn't want to see them until I knew that I had lost some weight post op. Well my curiosity got the best of me, and it was the BEST thing that I could have done. Finally, I saw the REAL me and I am obese and I need this surgery.

With that said, my March Friends, I will post as soon as I can. You all have been a tremendous blessing to me. I have quickly found that those that have not experienced this roller coaster ride, can't comprehend what a mind game this decision is.

Thank you again :)

March 5th!

today I am praying for:   OceanshoresBarb,    TLC 1015,     and  Eluna

Asking the blessings of the good Lord, and his guidence for the Surgeons hands.

I hope you people will wake up with very little pain, able towalk down the

corridor,  use that gadget that you you have to breathe in, to clear your lungs.

and tomorrow you will be able keep down your water.

And after that I beg God to give you tolerance for that sweet  protein drink.

God bless you all.

Gabriella

Edited by Gabriella Hegyi

March 5th!

today I am praying for:   OceanshoresBarb,    TLC 1015,     and  Eluna

Asking the blessings of the good Lord, and his guidence for the Surgeons hands.

I hope you people will wake up with very little pain, able towalk down the

corridor,  use that gadget that you you have to breathe in, to clear your lungs.

and tomorrow you will be able keep down your water.

And after that I beg God to give you tolerance for that sweet  protein drink.

God bless you all.

Gabriella

God is holding you in the palm of his hand comforting you, Gaby and everyone else having surgery this week.

I've had my blue ice test but I've been so nauseous. I've also been able to walk a little once and should be making a lap soon.

Silly pain button nauseates me then I get sick which causes pain and the pushing of the button.

Sleep is my friend right now.

Hi Eluna hoping you are feeling better very soon.

Might be the morphine making you sick? Maybe they could change it? Morphine makes me sick so they will give me a different type of pump. So sorry, it will pass soon.

Hi, Eluna!

Sorry that you don't feel so good.

I hope it will pass soon.

I am glad to hear that your were able to walk

Kathma may be right. The Morphine makes me sick also.

God bless you Dear.

Gabriella

Dear TLC1015!

I know what you felt, when your saw your pictures.

My daugter took some pictures of me about a month ago: front, back, side, and sitting down in my under ware,

My God! I desperately need this surgery.

Today or tomorrow I will ask her to take some pictures of me in some clothes, so in a year I could share them

as the "before" pictures.

How do you feel after the surgery? I hope you are OK.

Gabriella