Any March surgery? Let's get together

Maxie1133

I am hoping for a March surgery Date, Just submitted to the Insurance company yesterday, but if they deny, I only have till march 1st for my 6 months dr approved diet and exercise to be completed. Still cant get a straight answer whether or not the 6 months thing is required ( When I call they say no, When the Drs office calls they say yes)So either way , I still hoping for March!!!!!!! I AM READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insurance approved on the 21st, surgery date 3-11-14,started liquid diet today!!!!!!!

Edited by BWBAZEMORE

Maxie1133,

I am doing the bypass because I am hoping it will send my type 2 diabetes into remission ( 92% chance verses 48 % chance with the sleeve) and I have severe GERD problems so the  sleeve is out of the question for me anyway.

March 10th....I just got the call this morning that my insurance approved the surgery!  Definitely experienced a quick moment of fear, immediately followed by joy and relief.  I'm so ready to get kick this journey into high gear.  

48 % is that the real number! I read like 85%. That is scary 'cause I'm hoping to get rid of my diabetes. I don't usually fall into the good percentages.lol

Started my two week pre op diet and I am starving.

My date is march 4th, so I really have to go back and figure out this 48%. Yikes

My surgery is March 10. Dr. Advised RNY and I'm leaning towards the sleeve.excited about surgery just so confused. What did u chose?

March 13 for me. I am getting the duodenal switch.

I'm March 5th as well :-)  

I'm also going with Bypass to hopefully alleviate my Type 2 diabetes.  

Also the sleeve is not covered by my insurance at all, whereas the bypass is fully covered (other than the nutrition appointments after)

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday.  All the videos are watched, paperwork complete.  Just need to pick up some prescriptions, make sure my kitchen is ready for the switch and then wait for March 10th to get here.  

Its strange knowing its really going to happen.  It feels like something I've been working toward for so long.  

Booked for 18th March, having Lapband removed & Gastric Bypass performed. I think my subconscious is nervous even though consciously I am staying positive. Why you ask? Because it is trying to make me eat every single high calorie food in site. I think I am the only one on this site who has put on weight before surgery. Pre op diet starts Monday so I have 3 more days to complete my 'junk food funeral' ie say goodbye to my old security blanket & then start to face all the emotions I have shovelled down my throat since childhood. I am deviating a little but has anyone practiced mindfulness? Does it help you?

Tonight was my "last supper". Red Lobster and Easter Peeps for dessert. Tomorrow 3 shakes, clear liquids and nothing solid for the next 5 days. Committed myself to choosing the right path....and that means following the rules. Praying for strength, wish me luck:)

My surgeon's nurse phoned today to go through what to expect day of surgery. First case ( very happy ) Will get a patient controlled pump to safely self administer pain meds post op. Nasogastric tube to drain stomach, Drain tube from abdomen, Indwelling catheter and be cared for in intensive care that day & overnight. Next day I have to swallow a cup of dye & be x-rayed to check no leaks, if all ok tubes come out & I'm transferred to normal room. Start drinking. Will be a 3 night stay then home Day 4. I think I want to block out the first 2 days!! I keep telling myself the surgery is just a means to an end and all will be well. 2 More days before pre op liquid diet.

Edited by kathma