Doll.OnAMission

2 Days Post op--Unjury Chicken Soup and Irrational fears questions

I ordered the Unjury sampler packets because I really like chicken broth and I thought it would be nice to get a protein shake down and have chicken broth at the same time...But I'm not really a fan of the taste. did anybody else try it? Did you prepare it a certain way so that you'd like it better?

Also, I am having post op jitters wherein I'm afraid everything I do may cause leak! I haven't had any nausea or vomiting or discomfort at all today with my drinking and it almost makes me nervous that I feel so "normal". I also haven't been pushing how big my sips are because I don't want to know what that discomfort feels like. It seems like I heard so many horror stories about feeling awful post-op and I just don't feel that today.

Thanks in advance everybody <3

I blended on packet with a cup of heated water in my magic bullet but I almost think it would have tasted better had I added more water. I haven't had lipton noodle soup before. It just tasted a little off to me and I can't figure out why I was turned off by it :/ Especially when I'd been so looking forward to.

I tried it but I didn't like it, unfortunately. I really wish I did! 

And don't feel bad about not feeling bad--that's great! Enjoy it :)

Try it again in a few days or weeks, or just use regular broth. I strained Healthy Choice soup in the early days.

I think this morning I got a taste of what it's like to feel yucky but once I took my pepcid and pain killer (I hadn't taken either in ten hours) I feel a ton better. I think this experience definitely made me appreciate how good I feel Grapey and that I will take your advice and just enjoy feeling pretty good (without overdoing it).

I still have one  packet of the unjury chicken soup left but I have a few other options as well. I will probably just stick to regular broth though. I think that there's a sort of processed cheese taste to the soup that I'm not enjoying but I still can't exactly put my finger on it. The way I look at this though is that I've already made it through 2 weeks of shakes so the next 11 days shouldn't be so bad. I was just hoping to have a nice savory flavor but it looks like it's banana, vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate from here on out. :)

I mixed the unjury chicken soup flavor with chicken broth and I thought it was pretty good

When I first came out of surgery I was scared to do anything.  I was scared to eat, shower, move, not move... I got nervous eating cottage cheese.  Luckily I didn't have too many complications and things got better but I will tell you what everyone on here told me.  don't be afraid to do certain things.  don't gulp or eat huge bites either but don't limit your intake because of nervousness to try to get in more. 

Just a thought, but maybe the magic bullet changed the consistency.  Try just blending it in hot water with a spoon.  It takes some time to work it in, but it does all blend and IMHO is worth the wait for the savory flavor.

Yu can also mix it in with mashed potatoes when you go to pureéd or soft foods.  It tastes good in that, too.  It's also good in tomato soup.

I didn't like the Chicken soup either--it had a fake/plastic taste to me. I was so disappointed--got tired of the sweet protein shakes pretty quick. I just drank chicken broth inbetween the shakes, and also used unsweetened decaf hot tea to get me through.

I think the magic bullet did change the consistency a bit but I'm not sure it changed it that much...it wasn't texture as much as taste. I can definitely see having it with mashed potatoes Happy Camper so thanks for the idea :)