Syntrax Nectar

dianadd81

I bought the sample packs of the Syntrax Nectar because I heard they were pretty awesome but it seems like I am in the minority because I can not stand them! I have tried the Fuzzy Navel and cherry one. The smell is pretty god awful and the amount of powder that goes in the water just turns me off I guess...oh and it always seems to have some clumps no matter how much I stir. What am I doing wrong?? Should I be shaking it in a shaker or adding something else to make it taste better?

Try other flavors! I like both the fuzzy navel and cherry but they both have a strong strong smell & aftertaste for me. I love the Roadside Lemonade though and drink it almost daily. It's the only fruity one that doesn't have an aftertaste to me. Try the vanilla bean and cookie flavors too, maybe the fruit kind isn't for you.

I use a shaker and sometimes still get clumps. I know it says you can just stir but I don't see how that would mix it all up.

I don't like the fruity ones. I like Caribbean cooler, cookies and cream, vanilla bean and strawberry. I like cappuccino and chocolate mixed together not separate. I use a shaker bottle.

Edited by Cheesehead

I love the cappuccino, and the double stuffed cookie, the twisted cherry. I do mine in my little ninja when I get up in the morning or at night before I go to bed and then put them in the fridge for a few hours so the foam goes down, give em a quick stir when I'm ready to drink them.

I really like the fuzzy navel. I use a normal shaker bottle but a blender works the best. I will add milk and even a half of a banana. Add the liquid in the blender first than the powder. You could even try adding different flavors of crystal light.

I love the Vanilla Bean! I use the shaker but, I also make it in bulk in the blender (I fill water bottles for on the run- once I wash them out). I prefer using the blender. It gets the clumps out! :)

My fav was cappuccino. I used one full scoop with a teaspoon of decaf coffee in 16 oz of water. Also adding in Torani SF peppermint and chocolate syrup on ice. I drank this combo a lot last summer.  However, i am going through a stage where i can't even stand the smell of coffee. So i switched to Vanilla bean torte. Love it! I use a shaker bottle and fill to about 16 oz adding in 1 pkt of jello SF pudding mix and 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, half banana. Sooooo thick and delicious.  :) 

I didn't care for the fuzzy navel, didn't taste right to me. But they have so many choices your sure to find something that is great!

I make my shakes in a little blender - this one: http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51101B-Personal-Blender/dp/B0017XHSAE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390659949&sr=8-2&keywords=hamilton+beach+blender

A container with a lid - and/or a straw really help a lot.

I add ice, water,  protein powder, nonfat greek yogurt, a crystal light packet and a splash of torani for breakfast - I make the syntrax nectar roadside lemonade in this with just ice and water and it works great.

The lid helps keep you from smelling the shake as you drink, and I always use a straw. 

Try to resist the urge to smell your shakes/protein powder, it can really be a turn off for some and the bottom line is you need your protein, so try to remove your nose from the equation wherever possible. There are some protiens I do not like as well, it really is trial and error.

I bought the sample packs of the Syntrax Nectar because I heard they were pretty awesome but it seems like I am in the minority because I can not stand them! I have tried the Fuzzy Navel and cherry one. The smell is pretty god awful and the amount of powder that goes in the water just turns me off I guess...oh and it always seems to have some clumps no matter how much I stir. What am I doing wrong?? Should I be shaking it in a shaker or adding something else to make it taste better?

I don't like them either!!! Yuck!!!! I thought I was the only one!!! Ha!!!!

I bought the sample packs of the Syntrax Nectar because I heard they were pretty awesome but it seems like I am in the minority because I can not stand them! I have tried the Fuzzy Navel and cherry one. The smell is pretty god awful and the amount of powder that goes in the water just turns me off I guess...oh and it always seems to have some clumps no matter how much I stir. What am I doing wrong?? Should I be shaking it in a shaker or adding something else to make it taste better?

The thing about these is that the smell and the taste IS awful (to me, anyway) but I discovered that adding either part of a packet of crystal light or a splash or MiO makes a world of difference.  Also, putting it over ice helps.  It's pretty good in the summer time, especially.  I don't like to blend it because it makes it frothy, but I do the slurry thing with it.  Add the nectar to the cup and slowly drizzle water in and stir with a fork while drizzling.  Make the thick slurry and then you can add water to it while you keep stirring to get the consistency you like.  I usually wind up using maybe a 12 ounce glass 3/4 full of water and adding ice to finish it off.  Try it.  Be sure and get a complementary MiO or Crystal Light flavor though, or it will be weird.   I add a citrus flavor to the Grapefruit Syntrax.

Some folks swear by Syntrax Nectar in general and others can't stand them. I, too, find that they have a weird protein smell but it is usually tempered if you put it over ice and drink through a straw. I posted a review on several of the flavors in my blog:

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/blog/1371/entry-4130-review-of-syntrax-nectar-samples/