1 Month Post-op, now PREGNANT!

:wub: So I had surgery Dec. 12th and I found out I was prego yesterday Jan. 14th... lol Im worried maybe we should have taken it easy. But I know it wasnt my timing but God's as I wasnt taking care of myself before or after surgery.

Anyway I am very excited as we have been trying for 5yrs now and well I guess the weight was a big issue, beyond what other would tell me! Im looking for any advice my fellow banders can give me. Should I have the band released? If not what about the cravings? Do I continue to eat the same slow way? Will I be providing my baby with enough nutrients? Any other advice or suggestions would be OOOOOOOHHH so greatly appreciated!

This is my first pregnancy and I am very anxious and nervous but extremly happy!

My starting weight:     324

Day of Surgery weight:  312

My current weight:    279 :D

Edited by Yolis81

I would contact your doctor, obgyn and wls surgeon right away and see what they suggest, rather than take advise from anyone on this forum. 

Other than that, congrats! Babies are the sweetest of blessings.

Please take care of yourself as their can be many complications after wls, especially only one month post op.

Oh dont get me wrong I do have all my appts set and I am taking my Dr's advice both wls and OB I made sure that was the first thing I did this AM.

Actually I went to my WLS appt yesterday for my first fill and they wouldnt feel because of the possibility of pregnancy. They were very happy and supportive.

I was just looking for some feedback thats all ;)

You should be good. With the band, they should just be removing some of the fluids so you can get all the proper nutrients. I would ask how many cc's they will be keeping in there.

Congratulations!  How exciting!

I hope you will keep us updated.. I cant wait to follow your journey! 

Thank you BrittBritt! I am very excited as I feel very positive and blessed this time around:)

I have my first Dr appt for the pregnancy on the 27th so nervous but very anxious! I will def. keep you all updated:)

Many people get pregnant post op with the sleeves and bypass....with no ability to release anything. They do just fine. Like with any pregnancy you are more aware and conscious. You wouldn't automatically need fill changes unless you are showing signs of deficiency. Since you don't having absorption problems, you can easily take your supplements and blend foods to keep up caloric intake. 

I remember asking my OB what I needed extra as far as nutrition when I got pregnant. She told me about 300 calories extra is all that is needed to help baby grow. She suggested adding an apple with a serving of natural peanutbutter to my day and that was it. I hadn't had WLS, but I was averaging about 1200 cal/day up to that point and asked if that was still enough. And she said it was more than enough. So all this to say, ask the OB what the nutrition requirements are for you during pregnancy. Alot of people think it is much more then is really needed...and you don't want/need to gain much. Baby takes his or hers first, you get what is left over. 

• 3 weeks later...