nancyrose123

Went back to work today!

And it went just fine!

I thought I'd be a total burnout by noon, but nope!  Not tired at all.  Now..... I spent most of the day pissed off, and got nearly nothing done....LOL!  But that's a normal day for me.

I think I did better with my fluid/food intake today - - having a ROUTINE again was very helpful.  

Tomorrow is four weeks from date of surgery.

Good for you!

What is the average back to work time. I was told I could go back on light duty in one week.

The answer to that is it depends. Some people are in a lot of pain and it may take them 3-4 weeks. Some are ready the next week. Assuming there are no complications and little pain I would think a week might work but you may want to start with half days if you have that flexibility. My doc suggests people take off a minimum of three so that you retrain yourself at home to sip sip sip and eat appropriately. At work you may find yourself distracted. I actually find it's easier to stay on track at work sine I have a routine where I drink two bottles of water in the am and two in the pm.