missygib

New lapbanders...

I just finished up all the paperwork I'm hoping it was sent in today so I can get my answer from insurance! I am wondering who has had the lapband recently??? I would love to hear how it's working for you

Not recently but I am 6 months out. I love it. I would not change anything. 

Ditto-

Also 6 months out... best decision i ever made!

Awesome great to hear! I called the drs today hoping all paperwork was submitted!

Good Luck to you!

Don't let naysayers bring you down! You get out of this what you put into it... but my husband and i both had it done...and we think its been a wonderful tool!

It is a great tool. Also buy a Scale it has helped me so much. 

That's what I've heard, I've had friends that have had it but didn't do well because they don't stick to the plan or drink all their calories... Then my best friend has done wonderful and lost almost 100 lbs. On the scale, I have an old one but need to invest in a better one :)

I really believe you get out what you put in. It is a sacrifice... you DO give up things.... and lot of times that means walking away when you would really like to keep eating. Not sure if she meant body scale or food scale. 

If food scale... i bought a 10 dollar one on Amazon that works great. 

Oh, and always eat on the little saucer plates. Makes it so much easier... i refuse large plates... can fit TOO much on them :)

Its been 6 months... I've lost 70 pounds! I never would have dreamed this was possible! 

That is so awesome! I can't wait to get started! I've done a lot of reading and researching and have tried really hard to start practicing how I'm going to have to eat starting in March! I think my surgery will be middle of Feb if insurance takes their time! I would love to have it before the month is out but we will see! I have Cigna and I've heard they take a while

That I wouldn't know about. I had to cash pay mine, as our insurance offered no bariatric coverage.

Gotcha! I'm hoping they approve soon!!!

I'm so excited!!! Cigna Approved in 3 days!!! Surgery is Jan 24th!!!

Yay! Congrats! Let the pre-op diet begin!

Thank you! I'm nervous but excited

Good luck on the journey! Embrace the new body you will have!

Thank you! Tomorrow is a start to a brand new healthier me!!

The Lapband changed my life... no regrets at all... started with a 54" waist... now 30".

If you have any questions please feel free to email me.  I also have free long distance and would be happy to call you .

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss:  160 lbs

EM:  tomander@bell.net

not recent, I am 5 1/2 years out. From a size 24 to a 4 and maintaining. Would do it again . 

Good luck everyone
Xoxo

I will be submitting paperwork to insurance for the lap band.

However I was so convince of getting the band, reading a lot of different post I'm second guessing myself. I have heard some stories of doctor not performing them any more due to lack of results, people getting hernias, how 10 yrs out and you start having issues.

I would like to hear why you prefer the band n how long have you head overall recommendations.

Thanks in advance.