bombshell

Just Started in South Sacramento

Hi All, I am new to the boards. I went to orientation today, met with my surgeon, he said I needed to lose 13 pounds. I did my labs, nutrition next week, support group the week after...eeeeek...I'm so excited.

Welcome and good for you!

Welcome to TT! Enjoy the journey. It's worth it!

Welcome.  Sounds like things are moving quickly for you.  Keep listening and asking questions.  I am excited for you as well.  

After my support group appointment and my nutrition appointment what comes next?

Hi Bombshellhair!

I'm right there with you and I have Dr Yenumula too. I already had my Nutritionist appt, my next stop is the psych on 1/17.

Where are you doing your support class at?

Hi Kim 43, my support group meeting is 1/13 at South Sac Kaiser

I'm going to the Support group on 1/9 in stockton. A couple of the other ladies here on TT had great things to say about te Stockton support group, so I'm trying that out.

Just realized my klm looks like Kim... It's actually KLM... My name is Kandi :)

What did you think of Dr. Yenumula? He seemed so compassionate. I was shocked that he old me to only lose 13lbs. I started out at the Richmond facility and Dr. fisher told me that I needed to lose 35 lbs. totally discouraging

I totally LOVE Dr Yenumula! I asked him a ton of questions about why surgery fails. He was as you said, very compassionate and the more I talked to him he started laughing and really loosening up. I was shocked too when he told me to lose 5 pounds. I was waiting for a negative or something from him, but it never came. I went in with some fears about the surgery and left with none. I researched his stats, looked for complaints etc and found none. In talking to other people here on TT who had the surgery at S. Sac they have all told me great things about the staff and facility. I think we are in good hands!!! :)

Welcome! You are in great hands. As soon as you are 5 lbs from your 13 pound goal you call and schedule your psych appointment, it moves really quick after that. You get scheduled with the nurse that schedules the surgery then you have a presurgery class.

Spumoni,

Did you get results from the psych right away? My psych is on the 17th and I was wondering if I would get to meet Sarah the same day or another. THX!

Yes I pretty much knew I passed because after he said "now you need to schedule an apt with the r.n." and I think during the interview he said I was a good candidate, if your not sure ask at the end. It took a while to get into the r.n. it wasn't the same day.  Make sure you have all your labs and ekg done before seeing the nurse that way she can schedule the surgery, I didn't have my EKG done so I had to call her back which was disappointing.

Also a bit of trivia, your follow up doctor is Dr. Yemenula's wife, she is the enforcer hehe.

Awesome, Thanks!

I didn't know about the EKG, no one said anything about that to me. I will call Deborah and see what I need to do.

Thanks again!

Spuponi.. I owe ya one girl!!!

I just got off the phone with Sarah and she put a little note in my file to have psych send me over for EKG when he is done with me. She was also very positive and said it looks good for a greenlight surgery prior to the end of January.

Can I just say... Yippee!!!

Yay! Not sure your age but I had to have an up to date mammogram and colon screening, my pcp made me have these done before she referred me to bariatrics.  If the EKG request is on file you can do it anytime for a walk in, they do them at the three main hospitals I believe.

I'm 43... All other labs and tests have been done. Sarah checked for me. Just the EKG. :)

So you are all set just get to your psych on time you have to answer a big questionnaire.

How long was your psych meeting?

It was about 30 to 45 minutes, there is a new psych doc now.  I empathized that I was doing this for my health and just didn't have good portion control, a red flag goes up if they think you have any type of eating disorder.

Once you meet your 5 pounds away weight how long does it take to get the psych appointment?

Once you are recorded as 5 pounds within goal, call Deborah and she will schedule.

I am going to the support group on 1/13 also. I am pre op. I need to lose 12 more pounds before I can schedule my psych eval. I am hoping for end of Feb surgery. I am trucking along. I have Dr. Grinberg.  I cant wait!!!

Yea! Welcome Amber!