Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

Same here...my butt hurt so bad after sitting through 2 1/2 hours of my son's middle school orchestra concert on Tuesday night!

I remember sitting through many, many middle school concerts and I had lots of padding so it wasn't my butt that hurt. YMMV, but my ears and sensibilities hurt. (I saw two kids through middle school, but was also a school administrator so attendance at lower, middle, and upper school concerts was mandatory and often painful. You have my sympathy on all accounts!

Managed to run 3 miles the other night! The winter (and less running) set me back a bit and I was down to a couple miles at most but now I'm doing more and more :) plus I think the increased protein is helping the awful calf pain I was having during runs..I was scared it was compartment syndrome but it seems a lot better now and I'm thinking that might be what helped..

I love reading these!! :) You guys rock :wub:

This has to be my best NSV so far!  I ran a 5K race this morning in 31:50, which beat my personal record by 44 seconds and last week's by about 4 minutes.  The best past of this is that I WON MY DIVISION!!!!  I beat 2nd place by almost 2 minutes, and she happened to be a good friend of mine who was one of my pharmacy school professors.  I got recognized at an award ceremony, with pictures, a cheering crowd and everything!  I am flying so high on cloud 9 right now, that's ridiculous!  Last year at this time I was barely walking a 1/2 mile and now I am winning 5K races for my division...SERIOUSLY??  OMG!

post-33262-0-21090900-1400341151_thumb.j

Rxmom--that is seriously awesome! A PR and to come in first in your division! You must be so proud and your boys must be bustin'. IMO, nothing beats the high of running a race unless it's winning it! You go! 

You know what I just realized? I certainly haven't started exercising yet (I am just now getting the energy and healing from ear infections) but I have been walking faster than I have in years, and my ankle doesn't hurt at all. I don't know if it's because of the weight loss or it's just been enough time for it to heal or both. But usually just walking around the huge building I work in really fast causes pain. And I feel none.

I started a new job on Monday. I felt so much more confident with the weight I've already lost :) Anyway getting to my NSV. I told one of my new coworkers that I had a gastric bypass and she looked at me in shock saying "but you don't need that you look fine." Maybe I do now but 80 pounds / 39 kg ago I definitely needed it!

I was a bit taken back by her reaction at first but it's nice that I'm starting to look like a normal person!

Yay for rxmom! So happy for you and I'm so inspired!

I agree!

Although I have not had surgery yet, I have lost some weight due to liquid diet. The other day I found a pair of capri's that I haven't been able to wear for at least 2 years, and decided to try them on. I never thought they would fit as they are 1-2 sizes smaller than what I had been wearing. They fit awesomely! I also had to get rid of some tops that were too BIG. That felt great!

I was able to cross my legs yesterday without having to haul the top leg up over the bottom one.  I did it without thinking and then just sat there and almost cried

Edited by PatriciaAnn

I am hanging at the beach this week. I am able to walk down tot he beach through the sand without any problems! When we were here in September I never even tried to walk down there! Just hung out on the balcony the whole weekend. We are here for a week and I go and do anything I want to without even thinking about it! And I am not self-conscious while I am out there. I am certainly not the smallest one on the beach but I am confortable with who I am. That is a major break-thorugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

went for a bike ride with the kids----THEY complained about being tired and needing to stop to drink every 5 minutes...I was like....seriously kids?  

Went to a wedding and danced with hubby! He made the sweetest comment about how nice is was to dance together again!

My daughter graduated from High School Friday night and I have to tell you pre-surgery it was a day that I dreaded, not because of my baby growing up but because I knew I would not be able to pull the "no pictures" line that I've repeated at every single event/gathering for the last 20 years!

I am so thankful to be able to say that there are TON'S of pictures of me and my daughter and family and at the party I threw Saturday (for about 50 people), not to mention the energy that I had to pull it all off!  I also directed 2 choir/play performances last week for my school and will be doing our Kindergarten Graduation this Tuesday night! 

I could NEVER have pulled this off pre-surgery and still had energy to spare!!

So thankful to be here!  Still have about 100 to go but happy to be half way there!!!

Sonya

post-36382-0-72135300-1400456515_thumb.j

Edited by thebeachdreamer

I had a day so packed with activity- I can hardly believe it! Started with an 11-mile bike ride, then hauled 7 bags of mulch out of the car and distributed in the garden, then after a quick shower I hit the outdoor outlet mall and got in nearly 20k steps! Now I'm back home catching up on laundry and playing with the dogs. I think I'll sleep well tonight!

Decided I should start looking now for a dress for my cousin's wedding in July.  I saw a dress when we walked into Kohl's that I loved at first sight, but it's one of those that's shorter in the front and longer in the back so I didn't bother trying it on because it would have been dragging on the floor.  My mom even tried to talk me into trying it on and she would hem it for me, but I passed.  We ended up back at Kohl's later that same afternoon and I found the exact same dress in the petite department.  I tried on a petite medium and it fit like it was made for me!!   Needless to say, I bought it!!  Now I have to find some sexy, strappy, sparkly shoes to glam it up a bit!  :D

I put on a pair of pants this morning that I hadn't worn in a while. I wrapped them around my waist, buttoned them and reached for my belt. When I tried to find the first belt loop, it wasn't there. You know where I found it? Around my ankles with the rest of my pants.

I put on a pair of pants this morning that I hadn't worn in a while. I wrapped them around my waist, buttoned them and reached for my belt. When I tried to find the first belt loop, it wasn't there. You know where I found it? Around my ankles with the rest of my pants.

That's the kind of celebration that I don't think "skinny" people will ever understand.

...but we sure do!

Eric

a good NSV for me was when I sold my mobility scooter a couple months back. Friday it was great to sell the high end recumbent trike I had bought to "keep riding" when I was too fat for my mountain bike.

I put my walker on CL and when that sells I will have gotten rid of all vestiges of my former immobility.

Size 14 jeans this morning.  People are starting to call me "skinny."  It's bizarre!  I am FAR from skinny, but compared to what I was when I started, I guess I can understand why they say that.  It makes me feel very uncomfortable though.  :)

a good NSV for me was when I sold my mobility scooter a couple months back. Friday it was great to sell the high end recumbent trike I had bought to "keep riding" when I was too fat for my mountain bike.

I put my walker on CL and when that sells I will have gotten rid of all vestiges of my former immobility.

Another cyclist yeah, I plan to get back onto my road bike next month.  Cannot wait.  Already trying on old "kit" (slang for bike clothing).

Yesterday I put on my "motivation outfit" for the 1st time. Too tight to wear out yet, but everything buttoned and zipped! I bought clothes a Banana Republic! I'd never been inside that store before, AND they will fit perfectly by Friday I bet!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter graduated from High School Friday night and I have to tell you pre-surgery it was a day that I dreaded, not because of my baby growing up but because I knew I would not be able to pull the "no pictures" line that I've repeated at every single event/gathering for the last 20 years!

I am so thankful to be able to say that there are TON'S of pictures of me and my daughter and family and at the party I threw Saturday (for about 50 people), not to mention the energy that I had to pull it all off!  I also directed 2 choir/play performances last week for my school and will be doing our Kindergarten Graduation this Tuesday night! 

I could NEVER have pulled this off pre-surgery and still had energy to spare!!

So thankful to be here!  Still have about 100 to go but happy to be half way there!!!

Sonya

Love those collarbones, Sonya! I'm jealous!