Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

On 4/25/2019 at 8:48 AM, Kio said:

I've been saving some up!

For a while I was a little - I don't want to say disheartened, but maybe resigned?  Because I felt like my weight had bottomed out, and I wasn't going to lose any more, and I wasn't 100% happy with my clothing sizes.  Even though I was wearing a size I hadn't been in since college - at that size in college, I'd already felt like I was overweight. 

So it has been a super happy surprise to learn that my sizes are still changing!  I felt for a while like my pants were getting a bit baggy, and even my smallest shirts were a little shapeless.  So I took a risk and ordered a whole bunch of Eddie Bauer long-sleeved t-shirts in Medium, and they FIT ME PERFECTLY.  It's actually kind of amazing!  They've got a close fitted shape through the waist and make me look really narrow there.  I LOVE IT.  And I honestly can't remember the last time I wore a medium in ANYTHING.

So, that done, I thought I might as well see what was happening in the land of blue jeans... my 14's had been feeling a bit baggie in the butt, too.  So I tried on a bunch of stuff at Target the other day, starting at size 12.  Which was TOO BIG!!!  I actually walked out with three pairs of jeans and one pair of shorts, a mix of size 10 and a couple of size 8s!!!

If you'd told me before surgery that I would ever in my life be able to fit into a pair of size 8 pants and a medium t-shirt I would still be laughing today.  But here I am, totally comfy in them, and it's just the best feeling in the world.  My scale only goes down every now and then these days, but the NSVs keep coming!

It's probably related to all the time I'm putting in on the treadmill.  We have a treadmill desk, and about 3 weeks ago I started using it really regularly while I'm doing anything I would normally sit down for.  Reading, writing, watching TV... I just hop on and go.  I don't go very fast at all, because at higher speeds it's hard to type.  I usually go 1.5 mph for just hanging out and doing stuff, and around 2.5-2.7 mph for watching tv or seriously working on exercise.  Most days, I get in around 2, maybe 3 hours of walking that way.  Which is an NSV in itself for a lady who could barely make it to the kitchen and back two years ago!!!

ALL TERRIFIC! Great job!!! Way to go wearing a single digit size!! Don't you love it?! Thanks so much for sharing the great news!!! 

I just got off a plane and DIDN’T NEED A SEAT BELT EXTENSION!!!

I’m sure that people were wondering why I was sobbing. lol

47 minutes ago, Boston Redhead said:

It’s the simple, everyday things that are the best!  I like getting on a plane and having to snug the seatbelt in instead of stretch it out.. and the tray seems to have moved further away (just like my steering wheel.)

21 hours ago, Boston Redhead said:

That is SOOOOO awesome!!! Congratulations!!! And I agree with @Cheesehead. These are the moments that mean SO much and you could never predict them. Thanks SO much for sharing your news. We get it why you were sobbing happy tears! :P

On 7/18/2019 at 9:17 PM, Cheesehead said:

..... and the tray seems to have moved further away (just like my steering wheel.)

Yes!

I feel horrible that I haven’t been posting lately! I had planned on checking in last weekend, and as usual things got away from me...

I had to post this from yesterday, though. I do believe it’s the farthest distance I’ve walked in one day since having my knees done...well, since prior WLS!! I still haven’t measured my driveway yet, @BurgundyBoy, so I don’t know how many “Trishes” it is, but it’s pretty amazing to me! I also climbed 3 flights of stairs at my bariatric surgeon’s office, for the first time since starting his program, and I also used the stairs at the cardiologists office yesterday morning! Not a bad NSV in Trish’s world! 

7CAE9B65-7E45-46D5-9866-3D8BA99FFC8C.png

@Nana Trish (I believe in order to calculate the Trishes accurately, you have to be strapped into some shoes and hung upside-down and measured. Let me check the official Rule Book. I believe Mr. Smoots who was carried & rolled across a bridge over the Charles River was exactly 67"; see Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot ). 

More seriously, WAY TO GO! 

@Nana Trish way to go!  Was thinking of you earlier today!  Glad you posted!  How are you doing?  How are the knees? (Well obviously pretty good!)

13 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I had to post this from yesterday, though. I do believe it’s the farthest distance I’ve walked in one day since having my knees done...well, since prior WLS!! I still haven’t measured my driveway yet, @BurgundyBoy, so I don’t know how many “Trishes” it is, but it’s pretty amazing to me! I also climbed 3 flights of stairs at my bariatric surgeon’s office, for the first time since starting his program, and I also used the stairs at the cardiologists office yesterday morning! Not a bad NSV in Trish’s world! 

Trish - THAT is an amazing accomplishment.  You must be blown away when you think about your pre-WLS life and your life today.

45 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Trish - THAT is an amazing accomplishment.  You must be blown away when you think about your pre-WLS life and your life today.

I am totally blown away, my friend @cinwa! Totally amazing, I still can’t believe I’m doing stairs!!!

3 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

@Nana Trish way to go!  Was thinking of you earlier today!  Glad you posted!  How are you doing?  How are the knees? (Well obviously pretty good!)

The knees are doing much better, @Cheesehead!!! Thanks you!!

12 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@Nana Trish (I believe in order to calculate the Trishes accurately, you have to be strapped into some shoes and hung upside-down and measured. Let me check the official Rule Book. I believe Mr. Smoots who was carried & rolled across a bridge over the Charles River was exactly 67"; see Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot ). 

More seriously, WAY TO GO! 

You are my fact finding friend, BB!!