Jump to content

NSV of the Week - whats yours?


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, CurvyMermaid said:

This morning I moved two button down shirts and a polka dot tiered top from the doesn't-fit side of my closet to the I-CAN-WEAR-IT! side.

P.S. How do you know if a shirt is button-up or button-down? What if I choose to start buttoning from the middle?

Maybe I should have gone with simply buttoned shirt. It's got buttons and they go over my %$@#. Woohoo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even if you don't have one this week, come back and let us know when you do!     For me this week it was a NSV pointed out by my dad:   We were heading down to a relatives - my mom driving, me in

Great NSV!   I played the Kinecks today with my teenage son... it takes your picture at times. Later on he was looking them up on line (They are not the best quality) and I asked him who THAT person

Dancing! Dancing! Did I say I was doing the happy dance???!!!!! I just got my first labs - I'm five months out. Vitamin D was a smidge low, but all the rest are normal But wait, there's more... M

Posted Images

Lol! As long as they button, I don't care if its up, down or middle!  Congrats @Smashlee83! I am envious of your clothing swap friend - what a fun way to recycle!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a strange NSV. My son and his girfriend bought me a beautiful necklace for Mother's Day 2 years ago. It was a standard length chain. It was so tight around my neck it felt like a choker chain. I tried it on for the heck if it today...not only does it fit, but it hangs down and I can see it if I look down! I can't believe I lost that many inches around my neck :) Very cool!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 6:28 AM, Smashlee83 said:

Apparently they censor the word t*ts. lol.

I've complained about this before! Lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 8:10 AM, Smashlee83 said:

3 words. Button. Up. Shirt. Silly, I know but man it feels good. A friend brings me bags of clothes as she's on her own weight loss journey. In the bag was the cutest button down denim shirt and I immediately threw it in the not keeping pile. I can never get a non plus sized button down over both my boobs and my belly. Also, this wasn't even an XL. Not going to happen.

 

I walked by a few times. Curious but not wanting to set myself up for disappointment. I finally pep talked myself up enough and put it on. Every single button buttoned. There's even room in it. What is life??

I had the same experience! a couple years ago, I bought a shirt that I wore with a tanktop because it didn't button over my boobs. TADA! It's now too big. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few NSVs. 

I went down two underwear sizes! 

I donated another huge bag of clothes to the women's shelter. Seriously, why did I have so many clothes? I spend all day at the library or at home!

I ran up three flights of stairs without thinking twice. My average weight BIL and SIL were out of breath and apologized for breathing heavily  

I went to my favorite pizza joint and had a salad  I didn't feel deprived in the least and enjoyed the conversation with family.

WOOT!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

I have a few NSVs. 

WOOT!

 

Yes, WOOT!  Great job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This one involves stairs.  

Visiting the hospital with the most athletic friend I have.  Room to visit is on the fifth floor.  Without THINKING or LOOKING AT ME, my friend heads to the stairs instead of the elevator and I follow.  Up we go, four flights, talking the whole way.  We get to the fifth floor.  I'm not even out of breath.  My friend stops, says... "oh... did you want to take the elevator?  I just assume you take the stairs now."   I answer "we can take it on the way down".   Whoo Hooo... who knew I could keep up!!!!   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ikantspel said:

This one involves stairs.  

Visiting the hospital with the most athletic friend I have.  Room to visit is on the fifth floor.  Without THINKING or LOOKING AT ME, my friend heads to the stairs instead of the elevator and I follow.  Up we go, four flights, talking the whole way.  We get to the fifth floor.  I'm not even out of breath.  My friend stops, says... "oh... did you want to take the elevator?  I just assume you take the stairs now."   I answer "we can take it on the way down".   Whoo Hooo... who knew I could keep up!!!!   

Take that, stairs! They will never own us again! Good job!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two...

I bought a winter coat about 6 years ago, and it never really fit. I tried it on tonight, just for kicks, and I can button AND zip it!! Pretty good feeling :)

Also, I was sitting on the couch with Harper yesterday...and with absolutely no thought I crossed my legs!! It's been 20 years since I could do that!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prediction: Trish is back here in four months lamenting that she had to get rid of her too big winter coat!!! 

Getting into it is its own sweet victory though. 

Crossing legs and other ease of movement NSVs are really nice - 

Edited by Jen581791
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit chilly where I live today so I pulled a dress out of my closet I haven't worn for several months. Jan was probably the last time I wore it. I put it on and didn't even wonder if it would still fit me. In my pre-op days, if I went more than a few months without wearing something, it usually didn't fit. It wasn't until after I was on my way to work I remembered the dread I would feel when putting on something I hadn't worn for a while. So many of my old thinking patterns and fears are gone!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephtay said:

It's a bit chilly where I live today so I pulled a dress out of my closet I haven't worn for several months. Jan was probably the last time I wore it. I put it on and didn't even wonder if it would still fit me. In my pre-op days, if I went more than a few months without wearing something, it usually didn't fit. It wasn't until after I was on my way to work I remembered the dread I would feel when putting on something I hadn't worn for a while. So many of my old thinking patterns and fears are gone!

I used to dread pulling out a different seasons clothes.  Most of the time I wore blue jeans and tshirts year around.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephtay said:

It's a bit chilly where I live today so I pulled a dress out of my closet I haven't worn for several months. Jan was probably the last time I wore it. I put it on and didn't even wonder if it would still fit me. In my pre-op days, if I went more than a few months without wearing something, it usually didn't fit. It wasn't until after I was on my way to work I remembered the dread I would feel when putting on something I hadn't worn for a while. So many of my old thinking patterns and fears are gone!

I still can't get used to this.  I work from home most of the time but travel in spurts that include courtrooms and other formal presentation settings.  In the past when I had to travel I knew I had to go shopping or send out rush dry cleaning at the hotel because I never had a weeks worth of business clothes that fit at any given time much less two weeks!  Now I still feel like I have to try everything on but it's more of a fashion show when I realize stuff still fits and I have lots of choices lol!

Link to post
Share on other sites

NSV of the Week - When I drive my husband's truck, I usually have to push his seat back as far as it will go.  This weekend, as I went to get in I thought that maybe I could get in without moving the seat, so I tried it and it worked!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

my son & the lady that grooms my dogs both told me that I needed to get rid of my size 36 jeans. neither 1 had commented on my clothes before.

that makes me buy size 34x34, 20"  inches down from where I started 54x34. still doesn't seam real.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bigfuzzy said:

my son & the lady that grooms my dogs both told me that I needed to get rid of my size 36 jeans. neither 1 had commented on my clothes before.

that makes me buy size 34x34, 20"  inches down from where I started 54x34. still doesn't seam real.

Great news and great job with the weight loss.  You may need to change your TTF name from Bigfuzzy to Thinfuzzy.....:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bigfuzzy said:

my son & the lady that grooms my dogs both told me that I needed to get rid of my size 36 jeans. neither 1 had commented on my clothes before.

that makes me buy size 34x34, 20"  inches down from where I started 54x34. still doesn't seam real.

I hope you kept a pair of your big jeans.  Putting a pair of those on is quite a jaw-dropping experience.

This is the difference in my before and after jeans.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 7:35 PM, Jen581791 said:

Prediction: Trish is back here in four months lamenting that she had to get rid of her too big winter coat!!! 

Getting into it is its own sweet victory though. 

Crossing legs and other ease of movement NSVs are really nice - 

Yup. In December @Trish1967 will be complaining that she is rattling around in the coat and all full of complaints about how d@3&d cold she is. -_-

Every time I cross my legs and let the top one dangle I marvel at the ease of it. Woof. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...