NSV of the Week - whats yours?

I haven't been on here in a while but I thought I'd check in to say that after a very long stall (more than 1 & 1/2 years) in my weight loss, my body has finally jumped in again and I am under 160 for my wedding this Sunday!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even if you don't have one this week, come back and let us know when you do!     For me this week it was a NSV pointed out by my dad:   We were heading down to a relatives - my mom driving, me in

Great NSV!   I played the Kinecks today with my teenage son... it takes your picture at times. Later on he was looking them up on line (They are not the best quality) and I asked him who THAT person

Dancing! Dancing! Did I say I was doing the happy dance???!!!!! I just got my first labs - I'm five months out. Vitamin D was a smidge low, but all the rest are normal But wait, there's more... M

Posted Images

Wow, @justme001, that's awesome! Congrats! I hope you have a beautiful wedding day and even more beautiful marriage!

58 minutes ago, justme001 said:

I haven't been on here in a while but I thought I'd check in to say that after a very long stall (more than 1 & 1/2 years) in my weight loss, my body has finally jumped in again and I am under 160 for my wedding this Sunday!

Fantastic!!! I'm so happy for you :) Here's to an amazing wedding day!!

Ugh!! I tried to quote a post, then I tried to edit it and it disappeared! Justme001, I hope you have an amazing wedding day!! Congrats on your weight loss! :) 

1 hour ago, athenarose said:

I'm picturing you on one of those toys that rocks on a spring. So excited that you get to be the fun mom without any hesitation. 

It *was* one of those toys that rocks on a spring! I never thought I'd see the day!

8 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

It *was* one of those toys that rocks on a spring! I never thought I'd see the day!

Those spring rocky things are all fun and games until you go a bit too far and face plant!! Been there, done that. :blink:

10 hours ago, justme001 said:

Congratulations on the wedding and best wishes! 

(You just maxed out my knowledge of how long stalls last...)

• 3 weeks later...

Two nights ago my trainer had me do some new exercises I've never done before to work my abs, glutes, quads and hamstrings. I was sore yesterday so I knew today would be bad. It's bad. So bad I had trouble walking when I first got up. I used to hate to be this sore after working out. But over the last couple of years, I've decided I actually like it. Yes, it is painful but as long as I keep moving it isn't too bad. I know that it means I am pushing myself, getting stronger and building more muscle. This is a big NSV for me!

16 minutes ago, Stephtay said:

Two nights ago my trainer had me do some new exercises I've never done before to work my abs, glutes, quads and hamstrings. I was sore yesterday so I knew today would be bad. It's bad. So bad I had trouble walking when I first got up. I used to hate to be this sore after working out. But over the last couple of years, I've decided I actually like it. Yes, it is painful but as long as I keep moving it isn't too bad. I know that it means I am pushing myself, getting stronger and building more muscle. This is a big NSV for me!

That's a great NSV! Being that sore is one of those "hurts so good" kind of things. On a related note, do you have a foam roller? It can help a little with the soreness and it feels so good!

My NSV is air travel related: I flew on three flights today, and the seats were fine. Not too small. No hips squeezed in. No overflowing into the people next to me. No crossing my arms to try to be smaller. Belt nice and roomy. They're airline seats in coach: not comfortable, don't get me wrong, but they weren't torture.

This is a huge victory. I usually fly quite a bit, but had totally given it up last year or so due to my hatred of the discomfort. My travel horizons are open again!

8 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

My NSV is air travel related: I flew on three flights today, and the seats were fine. Not too small. No hips squeezed in. No overflowing into the people next to me. No crossing my arms to try to be smaller. Belt nice and roomy. They're airline seats in coach: not comfortable, don't get me wrong, but they weren't torture.

This is a huge victory. I usually fly quite a bit, but had totally given it up last year or so due to my hatred of the discomfort. My travel horizons are open again!

Woohoo!! That's awesome, Jen! I bet it felt wonderful not having to worry about all of that anymore!!

14 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Get a photo - of just the belt about your waist - on the return flights. You'll want to post it on the refrigerator or something as one of those Trophies. ^_^

On 7/1/2017 at 0:49 AM, Jen581791 said:

Hooray!!!!!!! I'm thrilled for you. Oh! To be you in Guate right now. :) 

My NSV is that I can wrap a towel around me and nothing is showing and I can cross my legs like a lady :) super excited. The small things make all the difference 

I'm taking a bag of clothes to goodwill tomorrow - lots of sweatpants and jeans I can't wear anymore without dangerous wardrobe malfunctions.  When I find something comfy I don't just by 1 - I by a BUNCH.  So when I leave a size behind, it leaves quite a hole in my closet.  

I guess from now on I should practice the "only one of everything" approach!

Edited by Kio
typo!
On 7/3/2017 at 0:42 AM, Kio said:

I'm taking a bag of clothes to goodwill tomorrow - lots of sweatpants and jeans I can't wear anymore without dangerous wardrobe malfunctions.  When I find something comfy I don't just by 1 - I by a BUNCH.  So when I leave a size behind, it leaves quite a hole in my closet.  

I am also guilty of buying eight things at the same time. If I found something that fit, I ran to buy it because I didn't know if I'd find something again. I want to be part of the "one of everything" club!

3 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

I am also guilty of buying eight things at the same time. If I found something that fit, I ran to buy it because I didn't know if I'd find something again. I want to be part of the "one of everything" club!

I'm totally guilty of this too, but I buy multiples because, if it looks good on me, I might as well have it in multiple colors. Plus, I'm lazy and don't do laundry nearly as often as I should. As I was losing weight, I did make a point to only buy 2 pairs of jeans in each size which helped minimize the amount of clothes I had to give away, but now that I'm at goal, I'm back to my old habits.

Today I did the Peachtree Road Race. We got there at 5:00 a.m. to volunteer before we ran.  My Fitbit says 68 flights of stairs and 11.6 miles (race is 6.2) as of 3:30 this afternoon.  I'm tired but don't feel like I need to stay in bed for a week to recover like I usually do.  It was a hard run but I actually felt fit during the race!!

On 7/2/2017 at 11:42 PM, Kio said:

I used to do this with jeans.  I would buy every pair they had in my brand and size!  I hated jean, swimsuit and bra shopping!  Not anymore;)

Yesterday I put on a pair of shorts that were tight on me this time last year they were actually big enough they fell back off my hips.  Doing a happy dance.

8 minutes ago, ktallon said:

Yesterday I put on a pair of shorts that were tight on me this time last year they were actually big enough they fell back off my hips.  Doing a happy dance.

It's a great feeling ktallon. It gets a bit old though when it happens almost daily when what you plan to wear somewhere no longer fits.