Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

So on my very first consult with the bariatric program my mom came with me and I drove her mini van.  My stomach rubbed the steering wheel and I silently cried part of that ride down there because I actually no longer fit in a CAR.

Just a couple months shy of 4 years later to that day - here is me driving her to the cities in her minivan again....  eating a salad.

014034818d63b17c01e2331af1ff7f78a4be1c967f.jpg

Is this the very same van that inspired the very first post in this thread, where you climbed from the passenger seat to the kennel in back to adjust the dogs' mat and then climbed back to the front again? When your parents sell that van, it's going to be the end of an era.

3 minutes ago, WendyH said:

Is this the very same van that inspired the very first post in this thread, where you climbed from the passenger seat to the kennel in back to adjust the dogs' mat and then climbed back to the front again? When your parents sell that van, it's going to be the end of an era.

No its a new van, but cool thought!  I have always found it extremely odd how big and long vans are...and yet the seats hardly move back.  It just makes no sense.  I can move my car seat so far back I can only use my toes to hit the pedals but in those minivans with it pushed as far back as it will go I have to drive with my foot sideways.

On 4/21/2016 at 7:40 AM, walkat103 said:

i went in for my 15-month check-up last week.  i had gained weight, which i knew.  he wants me back in a month and to lose 5 lbs.  i've already lost the 5 lbs.  funny how falling in love and not eating cheetos can make the weight fall off.  

This is my new favorite NSV! So happy for you!

On 4/26/2016 at 9:02 AM, bellamoma said:

something i had hoped for and thought wouldn't happen- i've mentioned before that when i first looked into wls i thought it would "fix" me. Then learned it doesn't.  However!!! 

1) My pre-op penchant for cronuts and various other baked goods is gone.  Gone!

2) My children's easter candy is still in the house because we've all forgotten about it.

3) I was in CVS yesterday, at the height of PMS, and was not magnetically drawn to the snacks and tastykake aisles. I actually welled up a little bit.  I felt like I was freed from a vice. 

amazing.  

A HUGE YAY for each one of these!

On 4/28/2016 at 5:53 AM, daisychains said:

i've been stalking this thread for ages, its literally my favourite place! congratulations to you all<3

today i tried on my jeans that i bought a couple of months ago! UK size 24!! today they were baggy! and I'm pretty sure they were almost skin tight a month ago, but now i can bend down without worrying that i'm going to burst the seams!! i almost started crying. it makes this awful liquid diet worth it.

Congratulations!

10 hours ago, Stephtay said:

This is my new favorite NSV! So happy for you!

thank you!

I started taking a Zumba class a week at the beginning of my weight loss journey, now I go 2-3 times a week, I love my Zumba ladies! When I began I was scared of injuring my knees and back and I did 'modified' moves, no jumping, hopping or quick directional changes. This weekend I started jumping and nothing hurt! I am feeling so much stronger and I am excited to continue to challenge myself, not always seeing limitations because of my size.

17 minutes ago, JessinVT said:

I started taking a Zumba class a week at the beginning of my weight loss journey, now I go 2-3 times a week, I love my Zumba ladies! When I began I was scared of injuring my knees and back and I did 'modified' moves, no jumping, hopping or quick directional changes. This weekend I started jumping and nothing hurt! I am feeling so much stronger and I am excited to continue to challenge myself, not always seeing limitations because of my size.

Love this

I can cross my legs. Properly. Before wls I had to just prop my ankle on my knee. I can sit like a lady now, instead of a man!!!

45 minutes ago, annie_okay said:

I can cross my legs. Properly. Before wls I had to just prop my ankle on my knee. I can sit like a lady now, instead of a man!!!

Just wait until you can double-cross your legs. I'd been doing it for a while and didn't think twice about it until a colleague asked me if I could do it.

I can't even imaging! I will be obsessed with trying that now. LOL

8 hours ago, annie_okay said:

I'm so excited for you! I want this too! Way to go.

It has been over six weeks since I have been back in the gym!  Today I finished 40 plus crunches!  It might not seem like a lot to some. I have spent all my adult life avoiding this exercise!  By the end of the month I plan to be able to complete 100!  This is my NSV.  

According to an app i have, my BMI is now 29.1.  Under 30!  Woot!  Who do I need to petition to have my age be my BMI?

Ticker Factory is showing 28.9 below.  Either way I am happy.

Edited by garnet dreams

"You seriously look 35!! Holy cow! I'm tearing up realizing my how great you look!!"  From a coworker who hasn't seen me in a year.  I'm 51 btw. 

Last fall before my revision my skinny sister visited from NC.  She and her husband had just bought a cottage on the lake and we were celebrating.  She wanted to take me on a walk they do often.  It involved walking a pretty steep hill, through a small section of woods and up through grape vineyards.  All up hill.  On the first hill I was breathing so hard, I literally thought I was going to collapse.  Her 80 something year old mother in law was trucking up that hill without getting winded!

My sister is headed back up for another visit the end of June, she hasn't seen me since last fall.  Today, I took the same walking path and did not get winded like before.  I actually walked further than before and then took that dreaded hill a 2nd time, but faster.  I cannot wait to show her that I can keep up with her now!!

On 5/3/2016 at 0:53 PM, annie_okay said:

LOL...I've noticed that too!  Congrats!

Just noticed this, the pockets on my tee shirts are smaller. I didn't realize that when you go down in sizes that they

make the pockets smaller. its what I wear 95% of the time & they are getting too small to carry my phone & other

things in. there is a big change in carhartt between 2x & extra large.

We have a jacuzzi tub in the master bath that is so huge I never use it-my feet can't touch the foot of the tub. We also have a regular size whirlpool tub in the guest bathroom and that's the one I use when I take a bubble bath. In the past, half my body was out of the water and now everything from the neck down is fully submerged. :rolleyes: 

I also realized that a bath towel wraps around me with lots of additional room. Love it!

On Tuesday, May 03, 2016 at 0:53 PM, annie_okay said:

girl i do this ALL THE TIME now, simply because i can. congrats to you!

went to the philadelphia premium outlets on sunday. i've never gone to an outlet before - it never really appealed to me, because the only outlets where i could find something that fit were lane bryant, catherine's and MAYBE old navy on a good day?

went to neiman marcus last call. they were having a clearance sale on dresses... i bought 2. one, a betsey johnson, a 12- which is kind of big, but not really... i can always have it altered. i love betsey and i will sacrifice for her. and the 2nd dress. a MEDIUM. do you hear me?!? I. BOUGHT. A MEDIUM. DRESS.

it's a bit snug? but not uncomfortable to the point that i can't wear it. the material is stretchy enough that i can pull it off. zippers have always been the devil for me in the past. i was able to get it zipped up. i'll post pics soon if i can get the board to cooperate with me.

i have 2 weddings coming up, one next month, and one in july. i absolutely cannot wait to slay at these weddings. hopefully with a handsome man on my arm. :ph34r:

Edited by TheColdestAugust

Today I am wearing an extra large shirt. NOT a plus size. Only one of the three XLs I tried fit, but the fact that I even ventured into the "misses" section of the store is a huge step.