Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

Down 3 pounds this week and did not change my diet or exercise. Haven't exercised in ages actually and maintaining like a champ for the most part. A tiny piece of me still enjoys losing weight even though i know i should not lose anymore. LOL i am a work in progress but really doing very well as came a long ways! 

I was shopping yesterday at the mall looking for a cute outfit to wear for a family dinner.  Submitted for your review in the traditional yay and boo format :)

Yay - Not going into a single fat girl store or department.  

Yay - Trying on designer clothes . . . because I could.  I loved this dress but it seemed a bit spendy for something I'd only wear a few times.  I'll save up and buy something similar when I hit my goal.

Yay - For me controlling spending impulses to wait until buying something makes more sense.

Yay - Thinking I'd need a extra large or even a large skirt and fitting into a medium.  Looking at it online, it is so much shorter on the model than on meI  I think I like the ankle length  better . . . and it goes perfectly with the following yay . . . 

Yay - A pair of sandals I own that were always so tight on me that they'd leave marks on my feet when I wore them, now fit perfectly.

Yay - Walking the mall for hours, back and forth because there were TOO MANY choices.  

Boo - Walking the mall for hours, back and forth because there were TOO MANY choices.  I am so used to having to shop at Lane Bryant that insists on sequined everything, sleeveless tops and crop pants or going to a department store where there are one or two racks of plus sized clothing.  Shopping now is completely overwhelming.  I needed to text my size 2 sister multiple times to talk me down.  I am sure that I am driving her nuts.

Yay - Getting 11,000 steps registered on my Fitbit . . . from shopping!

Yay and boo - Going into stores, trying things on and have them be too big!

Edited by garnet dreams

24 minutes ago, garnet dreams said:

Yay - Trying on designer clothes . . . because I could.  I loved this dress but it seemed a bit spendy for something I'd only wear a few times.  I'll save up and buy something similar when I hit my goal.

Yay - For me controlling spending impulses to wait until buying something makes more sense.

Pull a Julie and hide it until it goes on sale. Two birds one stone!!!! :D

48 minutes ago, garnet dreams said:

I was shopping yesterday at the mall looking for a cute outfit to wear for a family dinner.  Submitted for your review in the traditional yay and boo format :)

Yay - Not going into a single fat girl store or department.  

Yay - Thinking I'd need a extra large or even a large skirt and fitting into a medium.  Looking at it online, it is so much shorter on the model than on meI  I think I like the ankle length  better . . . and it goes perfectly with the following yay . . . 

Yay - A pair of sandals I own that were always so tight on me that they'd leave marks on my feet when I wore them, now fit perfectly.

Yay - Walking the mall for hours, back and forth because there were TOO MANY choices.  

Boo - Walking the mall for hours, back and forth because there were TOO MANY choices.  I am so used to having to shop at Lane Bryant that insists on sequined everything, sleeveless tops and crop pants or going to a department store where there are one or two racks of plus sized clothing.  Shopping now is completely overwhelming.  I needed to text my size 2 sister multiple times to talk me down.  I am sure that I am driving her nuts.

Yay - Getting 11,000 steps registered on my Fitbit . . . from shopping!

Yay and boo - Going into stores, trying things on and have them be too big!

Yay to you!!!

27 minutes ago, Clickin said:

Pull a Julie and hide it until it goes on sale. Two birds one stone!!!! :D

I need to remember that trick!

I forgot one Boo.  This is turning in to a rant but needs to be said.  

In every dressing room I went in yesterday, the person before me had left their clothing selections all over in the room.  Every one of them was trashed!  One woman had left multiple pairs of jeans on the floor inside out.  I saw her leave the room and wanted to chase after her with the jeans and have her fix them and hang them back up.  You could see she had that sheepish "busted" look when I was waiting for the room as she walked out, but she did nothing to grab the clothes she tried on and rehang them.  

Others just draped things on the chairs, even when the hangers were still there.  Were these people raised by wolves?  I worked retail years ago in a women's clothing store and it unreal how rude shoppers can be.  Here are some tips:

• If you take something off a hanger, put it back.
  • If you aren't taking all of the clothes you tried on, bring them back to the central rack to be put away.  
  • Don't leave clothes all over the floor.  It's rude and can damage the clothes, raising prices.
  • Don't leave everything inside out because you think the sales associates have nothing better to do than fix them for you or think it's some sort of game.  On a busy Saturday afternoon the sales reps are being pulled in a million directions.  They may not be able to keep up with the dressing rooms, but that is no reason to be rude.
  • Put back what you tried on.
  • Don't be that person that the sales associates curse behind your back.  If your kids behaved like this that at home, you'd throw a fit.  How hard is it to put stuff back on a hanger and bring it to the go back rack that is in every clothing store?  

I cleaned up after these women, rehanging clothes and bringing them to the go back racks because I wanted a clutter free dressing room and because I didn't want the sales people to think I made the messes, I didn't have a purse with me and wasn't wearing a jacket so I think a lot of people thought I worked in the stores so it was my job to clean up.  Grrr.  

</rant>

Edited by garnet dreams

Yes that irritates me too. What is the purpose of having locked rooms and counting the garments if they don't keep track of what comes back out. People need to get themselves together and not leave a mess, but when they do, the dressing room attendants need to do a quick check and keep it clean also. 

I played tennis for two and a half hours today. Then my sister wanted to go walking.  I was beat but said yes anyway.  We walked six miles!!

Went on a rigorous hike today and couldn't believe how much easier it is now....

Bought a pair of summer pj's from Target in a small and they were roomy! Crazy!

had dinner at Tahoe Joes saturday night. ordered the twin 5 oz. filets bacon wrapped.  ate half of one with a few bites and rice pilaf and a few bites of green beans and stopped with i was full.  stopped when i was full.  it didn't hurt for hours afterward and it didn't come back up.  it seems that my trouble with dense protein has more to do with how it is cooked than anything else.  

my new bff gets a wonderful lunch to take to work today.  i find that i am much more inclined to stop before that one bite too many when i am eating out with her since i really really don't want to be running to the bathroom throwing up when i'm with her.  i'm feeling better and i am back to losing weight again.  

That's the trick isn't it?  My problem is that since eating is a social activity I don't pay as much attention to my brain's telling g me to stop.  Then I feel awful.  I find I throw up more at church than anywhere else!

I am trying to get a drink of something instead of any food.  But I love deviled eggs....

Just signed up to chaperone my daughter's 2nd grade field trip to LEGOLAND. Its all day on a bus, then riding all the rides with the kids (5am - 11 pm). Should be fun, but not something I would have done pre-wls. Just the thought of maybe not fitting on the rides would have been enough to have be begging off. . .  And best of all is my daughter is SO EXCITED. She is making all kinds of plans, and that makes this all worth while

23 minutes ago, Cuban_Momma said:

Just signed up to chaperone my daughter's 2nd grade field trip to LEGOLAND. Its all day on a bus, then riding all the rides with the kids (5am - 11 pm). Should be fun, but not something I would have done pre-wls. Just the thought of maybe not fitting on the rides would have been enough to have be begging off. . .  And best of all is my daughter is SO EXCITED. She is making all kinds of plans, and that makes this all worth while

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to wear medium in many button-up shirts, now. Mostly because I'm like a little baby bird as far as my muscle structure on my torso.

Hopefully I'll have to go back to large someday when I'm totally shredded. Ordered this today.

Dammit-Gym.jpg 

I have two that NSV's that are clothes related.

1. The lab coats at work are all either XL or L. Pre-wls, when I had to put one on,  I would grab the XL and it wouldn't close. Not even close. Today I grabbed the L and I was swimming in it. It was huge. So happy to get a physical reminder of how far I have come. I get overwhelmed and sometimes I forget. 

2. this one was funny. I have a short nightie I used to wear to sleep. Not sure why I didn't throw it away since lately its tank tops and shorts, but I put it on last night. the top opened up, slid off my shoulders and the whole thing fell right to the floor. let me standing buck naked. . . . not the good on purpose kind either. ;) 

i went in for my 15-month check-up last week.  i had gained weight, which i knew.  he wants me back in a month and to lose 5 lbs.  i've already lost the 5 lbs.  funny how falling in love and not eating cheetos can make the weight fall off.  

7 hours ago, walkat103 said:

i went in for my 15-month check-up last week.  i had gained weight, which i knew.  he wants me back in a month and to lose 5 lbs.  i've already lost the 5 lbs.  funny how falling in love and not eating cheetos can make the weight fall off.  

Love is a wonderful thing!

Somehow when I wasn't looking I went from a 26 to a 20. I'd been putting off buying pants until a friend pulled me aside and said it was time (what I was wearing was so baggy it was bordering on unprofessional). Just a few more inches and I'll be out of plus sizes!!! Also, I'm able to shop at Marshalls now - I used to be too big to fit into their largest sizes. I scored three dress tops and two pair of pants for $88. Wow. Also, went to Kohls and found navy slacks for only $9.56. Bargain shopping is fun and I'm finally able to do it.

I'm visiting my daughter for parents' weekend for her sorority and as I was settling into my hotel room it struck me. I don't have a CPAP. Schlepping the CPAP never even crossed my mind until I noticed it's absence. It's so nice not to have to think about that thing anymore. One of the many ways that it's easier being me now.

I did, on the other hand, pack my blender and protein powder. ;)

18 FLIGHTS OF STAIRS.

Yes, you read that correctly.  A friend of mine moved to downtown Los Angeles.  Today we went to some of her new favorite spots.  You may not know this but L.A. is actually pretty hilly….not San Francisco hilly but there's a good workout to be had walking downtown.  So… in the 4.83 miles we walk we did...

5 flights of stairs to the top of the Central Library complex

2 flights of stairs up from Hope Street to the Disney Concert Hall Garden

4 flights of stairs up inside the Bradbury building  

6 flights of stairs to her apartment ( that was 3 flights twice… once at the start and once at the finish because she doesn't take elevators for "just a few stairs")

1 flight of stairs in the parking garage because the elevator was out of order… thank goodness we didn't park on the sixth floor!

I would have NEVER even attempted this 19 months ago… in fact it's only recently would I put myself in a social situation that required so much physically.  Here's the best part.  I KEPT UP WITH THE GROUP. 

I ran a half marathon yesterday. Finished with a time of 2 hour and 20 minutes. A year ago I couldn't run a mile. Mind blown.

On April 24, 2016 at 4:44 PM, HealthyJen said:

I ran a half marathon yesterday. Finished with a time of 2 hour and 20 minutes. A year ago I couldn't run a mile. Mind blown.

Yes! How awsome is that! Happy for you! 

14 hours ago, duffman27 said:

Yes! How awsome is that! Happy for you! 

Thank you so much! You can do it too!

This is an ongoing thing, but every time it happens, I think it is so funny.

I take a shirt out of the closet and think, "the dryer must have shrunk it, because there is no way that is going to fit" then I try to stretch it. But of course, it fit. My brain just doesn't realize it yet. So now I have stretched it out and its too big.:D