Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

I realized this morning that the tank and sweater I put on are entirely too big.  Off to the donation pile they go.  Last summer, these items were TIGHT on me.....really tight!

So my NSV ... my panties are too big for me, literally they fall off all the time. I went to the store and thought I grabbed 22/24 but when I got home I realized that I had gotten 18/20. I  was like "well I'll fit into them eventually." Just for kicks I tried on a pair and THEY FIT. I almost passed out in the floor!

Also Today I am wearing a shirt that I haven't worn since highschool 11 years ago! It is a 22/24... coming from a 30/32 its super exciting.!

Yesterday my husband, daughter and I went kayaking. The picture below has my daughter in the background. So, a year ago, we would have been way over the weight limit for our kayak, not to mention that I don't think I would have been able to get out of the thing!

I was a little concerned, as it was, about trying to get out in front of a bunch of people. But we pulled up to the ramp and to my surprise, I put my legs out and stood right up!

We also went on a quick 4.5 mile bike ride on my new bicycle!

I love my new found ability to be active and enjoy it!

post-51453-0-22229200-1440349938_thumb.j

Edited by Keligirl12

my daughter and her significant other have bought a house.  it will need a lot of work.  It felt incredibly wonderful to say let me know when escrow closes and i'll be there helping clean things up so you can move in asap.  pre-surgery I would never have said that. 

I have two.

Was in Yellowstone for a couple of days last week. I live at sea level and the elevation where I was was 7,000+. I did a 5 mile hike that took me up and over a ridge to a waterfall. I was hiking alone as my husband was under the weather and not feeling well. Its typically not a great idea to hike alone in Yellowstone because of bears so I ran about 1/3 of the way and either sang to talked to myself the entire time. (Bears are less likely to approach crazy people.) Between the elevation, the poor air quality based on wildfires, hiking up the ridge and singing/talking while walking/running. It was a great workout. And, at 300 pounds I NEVER could have done it. Well, I could have hiked it on a clear air day but no talking and no running. Just lots of swearing and sweating.

My second is I was in a wedding last weekend. In a short and sleeveless, super fitted dress. And, I didn't feel self conscious! Had she asked me 2+ years ago to stand up with her, I would have said no based on my size. 

Yesterday my husband, daughter and I went kayaking. The picture below has my daughter in the background. So, a year ago, we would have been way over the weight limit for our kayak, not to mention that I don't think I would have been able to get out of the thing!

I was a little concerned, as it was, about trying to get out in front of a bunch of people. But we pulled up to the ramp and to my surprise, I put my legs out and stood right up!

We also went on a quick 4.5 mile bike ride on my new bicycle!

I love my new found ability to be active and enjoy it!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Love this! So happy for you and it looks so fun!

Donated my xxl yoga pants a while back. Bought the same pants today in a medium.

I swear the first time I put on something in a M and it fit I heard angels sing. (Not really but you get the idea.)

I swear the first time I put on something in a M and it fit I heard angels sing. (Not really but you get the idea.)

I know exactly what you mean! My daughter insisted I try a medium instead of a large. I was stunned when they fit! Wearing them today in fact.

I am visiting my family in the DC area. On Saturday, before shopping with my Mom (a serious fashionista), we decided to have breakfast at a local diner. I ran into my former personal trainer who hasn't seen me since I've lost weight. He was in shock. He's not a man to readily give compliments, but he told me that I looked phenomenal. You know when a former NFL player with a body that Adonis himself would envy talks about the changes, they are real.

Not only do I look better, but I feel a million times better than I did 11 months ago.

Went to the beach and for the first time in I don't remember, I wore a bathing suit without a coverup!!!!!! SAY WHAT?!?!?

I have two.

Was in Yellowstone for a couple of days last week. I live at sea level and the elevation where I was was 7,000+. I did a 5 mile hike that took me up and over a ridge to a waterfall. I was hiking alone as my husband was under the weather and not feeling well. Its typically not a great idea to hike alone in Yellowstone because of bears so I ran about 1/3 of the way and either sang to talked to myself the entire time. (Bears are less likely to approach crazy people.) Between the elevation, the poor air quality based on wildfires, hiking up the ridge and singing/talking while walking/running. It was a great workout. And, at 300 pounds I NEVER could have done it. Well, I could have hiked it on a clear air day but no talking and no running. Just lots of swearing and sweating.

My second is I was in a wedding last weekend. In a short and sleeveless, super fitted dress. And, I didn't feel self conscious! Had she asked me 2+ years ago to stand up with her, I would have said no based on my size. 

Steph, Yellowstone is at the very tippy top of my bucket list.  I appreciate the heads up about bears avoiding crazy people!  This means me and my family shouldn't have anything to worry about !  lol!!

Leigha,  You are doing so amazingly well.  Very inspirational!  Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

New NSV - my West Point ring now fits on my right ring finger where it is supposed to be. I couldn't wear it for at least 10 years because of my fat fingers.  :)

I am starting it find some room between my belly and the steering wheel ( seats all the way back ) and can wait to be moving the seat forward .

I am starting it find some room between my belly and the steering wheel ( seats all the way back ) and can wait to be moving the seat forward .

won't be long!!!

I haven't been in this site in some time but I am glad to report all is well.

NSV for the last few months is I feel like a normal person. I don't feel like some sideshow big person, nor freaky WLS person. Just normal person who eats small portions, exercises and takes care of their body. 

I'm treated well by others, strangers especially. I get discounts and favors where people did not acknowledge me before. Life is great. I wear cute clothes and although I technically have not made it to my goal yet, I feel happy and healthy. 

I haven't been in this site in some time but I am glad to report all is well.

NSV for the last few months is I feel like a normal person. I don't feel like some sideshow big person, nor freaky WLS person. Just normal person who eats small portions, exercises and takes care of their body. 

I'm treated well by others, strangers especially. I get discounts and favors where people did not acknowledge me before. Life is great. I wear cute clothes and although I technically have not made it to my goal yet, I feel happy and healthy.

So great to see you!! You were missed :)

I went out with some work friends last night to this trendy tapas restaurant (perfect portions size) and then we went across the street and sat on the patio at a bar. In the past, I would've left right after dinner because 1) I would still be hungry and want to hit a drive thru and 2) I would've felt so out of place at a bar where I would've perceived everybody around me to be younger, thinner, trendier, etc. Last night, I didn't care about any of that. I was comfortable in my skin and in my clothes.

I have several NSVs this week, but the two biggest are that last night I bought size 6 skinny jeans and a size 6 skirt and a size small sweater for fall.  And none of it is too snug and they are all adorable and now I can't wait for fall weather.

The second, and this is huge...is today I ran 9 MILES!  Without walking!  And at a good pace too.  I averaged 10:33min/mile. This is a new personal best and I think I might actually be confident that I can run a half marathon next month.   

Life is so different than it was a year ago, in all good ways.  :)

I had my first NSV yesterday :)  I had my surgery follow up and wore shorts and flip flops at the same time.  I wear one or the other frequently (hey, it's the official footwear in Florida!), but my ankles swelled so embarrassingly before that I didn't do both at once.  It felt nice!

It finally became absolutely necessary to buy some clothes. I still need a couple more pieces, but what I found was smaller than I expected. I leapfrogged size 22 and am solidly in a size 20. I thought the size 20 jeans I got last week at Goodwill was a fluke. No, that's what I really wear. I also got a couple of bras today. The 44DDs I've been wearing are too big, because I'm all the way down to a 42D. I also had to trade down another size of underwear this week. Yay.

I have several NSVs this week, but the two biggest are that last night I bought size 6 skinny jeans and a size 6 skirt and a size small sweater for fall.  And none of it is too snug and they are all adorable and now I can't wait for fall weather.

The second, and this is huge...is today I ran 9 MILES!  Without walking!  And at a good pace too.  I averaged 10:33min/mile. This is a new personal best and I think I might actually be confident that I can run a half marathon next month.   

Life is so different than it was a year ago, in all good ways.  :)

That is awsome , great job!

I have two that happened over the weekend while at camp.

A couple was coming up behind me at camp and they were riding on their golf cart. The male half started the conversation by saying - Mike -Your calves are amazing, you look like a marathon runner an athlete and his wife agreed. I was embarassed, but shrugged it off to the hard work I do in the gym and the running/cardio that I do.

Second was a nice comment from a new FB friend at camp that did not Know pre-op Mike. Apparantly was lookinig at some of my old FB pictures and was blown away by how much I have changed. she knows me from camp and sees me running/walking and always staying busy so i guess she does not think that I had WLS. She just mentioned that my hard work has really paid dividends....I was proud of that comment...

I have two that happened over the weekend while at camp.

A couple was coming up behind me at camp and they were riding on their golf cart. The male half started the conversation by saying - Mike -Your calves are amazing, you look like a marathon runner an athlete and his wife agreed. I was embarassed, but shrugged it off to the hard work I do in the gym and the running/cardio that I do.

Second was a nice comment from a new FB friend at camp that did not Know pre-op Mike. Apparantly was lookinig at some of my old FB pictures and was blown away by how much I have changed. she knows me from camp and sees me running/walking and always staying busy so i guess she does not think that I had WLS. She just mentioned that my hard work has really paid dividends....I was proud of that comment...

This is so awesome, Mike.  To me, it is astounding when others comment on the physical changes.  My husband wants to lose 20 pounds (yeah, I know) and yesterday he pointed out that all of my work has paid off because I now have an amazing figure.  I never have and never will think of myself that way, but these types of NSV's just reinforce why WLS can be life changing.