Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

My pajama pants are riding low. Not ready to fall off, but not quite comfortable anymore. And last night I noticed when I roll over, they don't quite stick with me like they should. I think I'm done with them.

My mother-in-law is visiting from Florida.  She has always been extremely supportive of my WLS journey.  I had not seen her in several months.  The first thing she said to me was, "What have you done with my CeCe?!?  I am so proud of you.  You look absolutely amazing!"  She also began to cry and could not stop hugging me.  The scale has been moving slowly, but having the changes acknowledged is a reminder that I need to keep moving towards my goals! 

Funny about the helmet.  Same here.  Formerly XXL and now L helmet.

Great work.

I wear a lot of baseball caps to work because the light bothers me.  I have found that I need to tighten them up.  I never expected to lose weight in my head. 

I went on my first date since I separated from my husband.  We had a great time and are already planning to go out again soon.

good for you!!!

I was able to run down a street and not break a sweat. I also went into a boutique and didn't feel like I shouldn't be there. Sales people picked out sizes that fit I mean normal size clothing. Wow

New low weight today, smaller clothes now fit, and wife called me 'lanky'. I'll take it!

I think this is the place for this post.  I was having a conversation at work with a friend on my team about something else entirely and she said we have noticed since your weight how much more self-confident you are.  (not really sure who we is).  I was kind of flabbergasted.  I guess I'm obviously not noticing all the non-physical changes going on.  I'm just living them.  although I have noticed that I seem to smile more. 

by saying this she actually convinced me to apply for the lead position opening up on my team this Friday.  up to that point I was still sitting on the fence.  not sure if I wanted to fill up my brain with all that new stuff at my age.  but then again I pretty much already know all that stuff and the current lead spends a lot (a lot) of time cruising the net, chatting with friends and talking on the phone.  how hard can it be?

I shopped at Maurice's this weekend, and tried on a size 16 in the plus-size side.  The sales girl said, "It looks like you could go down a size, let me bring you one to try".  She brought me a 15/16 from the regular side and it fit perfectly.  Was so excited I shopped several other "regular sized" places just to make sure it was real.  Oh yeah, it's real!

I went on my first date since I separated from my husband.  We had a great time and are already planning to go out again soon.

LOVE THIS!!!  I am so happy that you had a great time!

I was just laying in my bed and I reached down and accidentally felt my hip bone. Wow don't know if I've ever felt that before.

This probably won't make any sense, but for me it was an NSV. Prior to WLS if I found some clothes that fit well I bought them. Sometimes in every color the store had :).

I was shopping this week and I tried on things that fit, but I rejected them. Now I have so many choices I can be choosy! Love shopping and love being able to develop my own style instead of getting what little was available.

Still can't get over having clothes that fit ranging from size 6 to 14.

This probably won't make any sense, but for me it was an NSV. Prior to WLS if I found some clothes that fit well I bought them. Sometimes in every color the store had :).

I was shopping this week and I tried on things that fit, but I rejected them. Now I have so many choices I can be choosy! Love shopping and love being able to develop my own style instead of getting what little was available.

Still can't get over having clothes that fit ranging from size 6 to 14.

actually this makes it harder for me.  I don't do well with too many choices.  I find I can't choose.  it used to drive me crazy when my daughter couldn't make up her mind to buy something when shopping for clothes.  now I understand. 

I think this is the place for this post.  I was having a conversation at work with a friend on my team about something else entirely and she said we have noticed since your weight how much more self-confident you are.  (not really sure who we is).  I was kind of flabbergasted.  I guess I'm obviously not noticing all the non-physical changes going on.  I'm just living them.  although I have noticed that I seem to smile more. 

by saying this she actually convinced me to apply for the lead position opening up on my team this Friday.  up to that point I was still sitting on the fence.  not sure if I wanted to fill up my brain with all that new stuff at my age.  but then again I pretty much already know all that stuff and the current lead spends a lot (a lot) of time cruising the net, chatting with friends and talking on the phone.  how hard can it be?

Go for it!  I hope you get the lead position.

cece, how did i miss these pics, you look amazing!!!!

so backstory about this dress. i bought it about 3 yrs ago from forever 21 in the hopes i'd be able to wear it someday. it's been sitting in my closet for that long.

it's a large. LARGE. what?

i got the nicest compliment from an old lady at ihop about it.

post-51558-0-14434100-1433611131_thumb.j

so backstory about this dress. i bought it about 3 yrs ago from forever 21 in the hopes i'd be able to wear it someday. it's been sitting in my closet for that long.

Adorable!

wearing:

size L button shirts (formerly XXL-XXXL)

size 34 Levis 501s ((formerly 44)

size M motorbike helmet (formerly XXL)

size XXL grin (formerly L)

And your name doesn't fit you at all, either! Just sayin'. ;-)

This one never gets old.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

WOW - and the belt doesn't just buckle, you have so much extra belt to spare!  Good job!!

OH, I meant to add - you are sitting in AN AIRPLANE SEAT with your LEGS CROSSED!!!! 

Edited by bondkatt

I was on the phone with a client Friday and my cheek kept hitting the numbers on my iPhone making a beeping sound. I said, "I'm sorry. Let me put you on speaker so that my chubby cheeks won't hit the numbers on the phone." He said, "Please! There's nothing chubby about you!"

DH and I went to the ballet last night.  (I do the opera for him, he does dance for me.)  He went off for a drink outside and I walked around the fountain.  With his drink in hand, he walked right past me.  I saw him, followed him, he turned around and his eyes went right past me again and I smiled.  He then came up to me and said… "with your new clothes and smaller size you blend into the crowd now but then you smiled and I looked into your eyes."   

How's that for a NSV and we've married 26 years!?!!

WOW - and the belt doesn't just buckle, you have so much extra belt to spare!  Good job!!

OH, I meant to add - you are sitting in AN AIRPLANE SEAT with your LEGS CROSSED!!!! 

I know! It's craziness!!!!

I went to workout with my trainer and the session was going well.  That just means I wasn't complaining as much.  As I was taking a break, he looked at me and said, "You need to get more workout clothes in a smaller size."  That made my WEEK!!

Awww, thanks, mama.  YOU ARE LOOKING FABULOUS, too.  I want that dress!

Walking in to work this morning a Female co-worker said that I looked really slim and looking like I was toned up. I was pleased with her comment as she is a long time fitness enthusiast and I value her opinion. She was critical at first of my journey and now she sees how I live and eat and we swap meal and snack ideas and let each other know when we find deals on food/protein shakes/bars. I am Really pleased with the progress I am seeing and I feel great!

Edited by duffman27

I wore blue jeans and kept my bra on when hanging around the house today instead of changing into lounge wear at every opportunity.

And I was comfortable all day dressed that way. :)