NSV of the Week - whats yours?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even if you don't have one this week, come back and let us know when you do!     For me this week it was a NSV pointed out by my dad:   We were heading down to a relatives - my mom driving, me in

Great NSV!   I played the Kinecks today with my teenage son... it takes your picture at times. Later on he was looking them up on line (They are not the best quality) and I asked him who THAT person

Dancing! Dancing! Did I say I was doing the happy dance???!!!!! I just got my first labs - I'm five months out. Vitamin D was a smidge low, but all the rest are normal But wait, there's more... M

Posted Images

I often have to testify at the statehouse and the chairs in the gallery are very tight. They are from the early 1900s so the seat is small and they pack them in tight. I always chose the seat on the end...near the wall if I knew I was late on the agenda so I could kind of sit sideways and rest half my body along the wall as to not impede on someones space. Yesterday I found myself doing that, with my legs crossed and had an ocean of room between me and the next chair. When a person of size came in and sat next to me, she said, "I always try and sit next to a skinny minny so I don't take up too much of their space." I laughed and told her I had my own strategy for those chairs too and we had a nice chat. It was awesome! 

How great to be the "skinny minnie"!  Congratulations to you.

I'm at work now. A couple of hours ago one of my colleagues pulled me aside and told me she could tell I've lost weight and that I'm looking good. Although I've worked here long enough that many here have seen me thin, she hasn't been here long enough to be among them.

I'm only down maybe 40 lbs since December; it usually takes a solid 70 and in a shorter time frame before anybody goes out on that limb.

First comment. She ain't seen nuttin yet. ;)

My husband and I just got back from vacation to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. I was able to walk and walk and walk without getting tired or out of breath. I didn't break a sweat and my knees and ankles didn't hurt. I didn't need a seat belt extender on the plane and actually had about 10 inches or so of excess belt. I sat in the middle seat and didn't feel like I had to hold my arms in the whole flight.

I kept up with my husband and even out walked him at times. He said to me as we were walking through the airport yesterday, "I used to have to look back and see if you were still with me and slow down so you could keep up. Now I dont, I know you are right there."

I went sky diving and it was amazing!

I fit into a small dress from Old Navy!!!!!!! 

It's still tight in the chest but everyone said it looked really good. 

I know I am not a small. Certain stores I still need a large, most a medium. But yesterday, my body actually fit into a SMALL.

Insane.

I made it through my freshman year without the "freshman 15", though my weight has hovered around 140 since Christmas (sometimes below, sometimes above)!  Also I did 3 miles on the elliptical in about 40 minutes today (personal record....used to take me closer to an hour this time last year!)

Hi everyone!  :D 

wearing:

size L button shirts (formerly XXL-XXXL)

size 34 Levis 501s ((formerly 44)

size M motorbike helmet (formerly XXL)

size XXL grin (formerly L)

I made it through my freshman year without the "freshman 15", though my weight has hovered around 140 since Christmas (sometimes below, sometimes above)!  Also I did 3 miles on the elliptical in about 40 minutes today (personal record....used to take me closer to an hour this time last year!)

Hi everyone!   :D

Wow, so great to see you!!  

Wow, so great to see you!!

Yup, we still have a few missing persons though -- would be nice to see them too!

wearing:

size L button shirts (formerly XXL-XXXL)

size 34 Levis 501s ((formerly 44)

size M motorbike helmet (formerly XXL)

size XXL grin (formerly L)

Funny about the helmet.  Same here.  Formerly XXL and now L helmet.

Great work.

Great work.

Yeah, I'm rattling around in the 2XL Shoei. Haven't tried my 2XL Scorpion yet, also have an XL Bell that I bought for short money during the winter, flip up, it's still in the sealed box.

Hi everyone!   :D

Great accomplishment.   Miss you.  Glad you stopped by to update us. 

I made it through my freshman year without the "freshman 15", though my weight has hovered around 140 since Christmas (sometimes below, sometimes above)! Also I did 3 miles on the elliptical in about 40 minutes today (personal record....used to take me closer to an hour this time last year!)

Hi everyone! :D

Welcome back!!

SO many NSV's from my much needed girls' trip to Las Vegas.  I felt so amazing and my friends were blown away by the changes.  My friends were so supportive and enthusiastic.   The biggest NSV for me was one of my best friends (one of those naturally thin women who has never worn anything over a size 4--hate her) asking me where to find a dress that I bought for the trip.  She wanted to get the same dress for herself....OK, wow!  Later, I went shopping with her which is something I would never do in the past.  

Another NSV was going to a day club (think nightclub, but poolside) and dancing all day to electronic dance music.  I wasn't sweaty, winded, or ashamed to shake my booty.  

Here are some photos from the trip.  

post-50228-0-58774700-1432133705_thumb.j

post-50228-0-40493000-1432133731_thumb.p

post-50228-0-41162000-1432133746_thumb.j

SO many NSV's from my much needed girls' trip to Las Vegas. I felt so amazing and my friends were blown away by the changes. My friends were so supportive and enthusiastic. The biggest NSV for me was one of my best friends (one of those naturally thin women who has never worn anything over a size 4--hate her) asking me where to find a dress that I bought for the trip. She wanted to get the same dress for herself....OK, wow! Later, I went shopping with her which is something I would never do in the past.

Another NSV was going to a day club (think nightclub, but poolside) and dancing all day to electronic dance music. I wasn't sweaty, winded, or ashamed to shake my booty.

2015-05-19 16.43.35.jpg

Yay Cece, it looks like you girls tore up the town.

SO many NSV's from my much needed girls' trip to Las Vegas.  I felt so amazing and my friends were blown away by the changes.  My friends were so supportive and enthusiastic.   The biggest NSV for me was one of my best friends (one of those naturally thin women who has never worn anything over a size 4--hate her) asking me where to find a dress that I bought for the trip.  She wanted to get the same dress for herself....OK, wow!  Later, I went shopping with her which is something I would never do in the past.  

Another NSV was going to a day club (think nightclub, but poolside) and dancing all day to electronic dance music.  I wasn't sweaty, winded, or ashamed to shake my booty.  

attachicon.gif2015-05-19 16.43.35.jpg

get on down! One thing I am looking forward to is hangin by the pool at a resort, swimin up to the bar, etc !!!

woo hoo! looks lik you had a blast!

attachicon.gif2015-05-19 16.43.35.jpg

Wow cece...your smile seperates you from the rest....great job and glad to see you feel it too!

Had a PCP follow-up this morning. My A1c has gone from 6.7 to 6.2 in two months (pre-op), but the cool part is that my doctor said that very few patients make the recommended lifestyle changes, and it's refreshing when he has a patient who does.  :cool:

So Im at work the other night and have an agency worker on with me. Its the first time Ive met her. After some chatting she asks me how old I am and is shocked that Im 44 and says "wow, you look good for your age. You kept your figure!"

bwhahahahahahahhaaaaaaaa

*big smile*

Other Vegas-related NSV's: I was not worried about being photographed. For so long, I have made my way to the back of group photos. On this trip, I WANTED to be front and center.

I noticed that more guys were interested in talking to me. In addition to the dirty old man who said, "Hey, beautiful!!" as he was drinking from a paper bag, nice, normal guys gave me second looks and smiles. I am very happily married, but my ego got a major boost from being considered pretty/cute/attractive. All the flirt and none of the #%+{

I went on my first date since I separated from my husband.  We had a great time and are already planning to go out again soon.

What's up TT? I went out of town for Memorial Day and saw a lot of people I haven't seen in at least a year. I have not seen as many mouths open...pleasantly shocked expressions...EVER! I feel so awesome!!

My pajama pants are riding low. Not ready to fall off, but not quite comfortable anymore. And last night I noticed when I roll over, they don't quite stick with me like they should. I think I'm done with them.

My mother-in-law is visiting from Florida.  She has always been extremely supportive of my WLS journey.  I had not seen her in several months.  The first thing she said to me was, "What have you done with my CeCe?!?  I am so proud of you.  You look absolutely amazing!"  She also began to cry and could not stop hugging me.  The scale has been moving slowly, but having the changes acknowledged is a reminder that I need to keep moving towards my goals! 

Great work.

I wear a lot of baseball caps to work because the light bothers me.  I have found that I need to tighten them up.  I never expected to lose weight in my head.