Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

Yesterday I saw a picture of myself at probably my heaviest weight about 6 years ago or so and finally that person looked totally alien compared to the way I see myself now. For so long I had still pictured myself as that big, now that person is starting to feel like a distant memory :)

Went to pharmacy today and wanted Russell stover choc covered marshmallow and coconut eggs but didn't buy any

I was at Walmart today with my husband and pointed out the Easter Little Debbie cakes that I used to LOVE...he said, "Yeah, you'd be so sick if you ate those!"  Didn't even really want more than a taste, knowing that the taste wouldn't even taste like it used to.  Nothing's worth being sick or fat again.

I can run for 5 minutes straight now. I registered for a 5k race in April so I'm hoping to run the whole thing by then.

That is so awesome...I'm looking forward to eventually doing this as well!

This has been a NSV-filled weekend for me; I took my wedding ring in to get it re-sized and it's being sized down 2 full sizes!!  And, I found out it's a lot cheaper to have rings downsized than it is to have them made bigger,   ;) like $100 cheaper.  I should have it back  in 2 weeks and I can't wait to see how it looks on my now skinnier finger.

Saturday I took the kids shopping for clothes for our Spring Break vacation and found an great deal on capris at Kohls.  I was able to get 3 pairs, 2 in size 10 and one in a size 8!  A freaking size 8!!!  I was content with my weight loss when I was able to get into a size 12, but an 8 feels incredible! 

Also on saturday I was able to wear a t-shirt that my husband bought me last year for my birthday and I was never able to wear (not even around the house).  It's marked as a size 2XL, but it barely fit my daughter who wears a M-L shirt depending on the cut.  I can definitely see this being my go-to shirt this summer.  

Today is my first day back to work post op. I am 2 1/2 weeks out. So far, two people who do not know I have had surgery cam up to me and asked me if I have lost weight. Yup, I am on cloud nine!!!

And it's only 9am here on the west coast! Its going to be a great day!!!

Best wishes all!!!

I bought some stuff online at victoria's secret and they are too big :).  I committed to do 100 miles of exercise in March for a charity fundraiser - little scared, but its because of time not because I can't do the miles!  My pants got a little tight in January when I couldn't walk the dog as much due to snow, and I just cut back a little bit and got yack traks to start walking again and in a few days they felt normal again - and THAT made me feel like a NORMAL person with NORMAL weight issues. Yesterday I traded clothes with my 14 year old daughter (I gave her a bandini that fit me but was way to young, and she gave me a CAMI in the same color that didn't have the shelf bra she needs (she is bustier than I).

We rode our bikes yesterday at a local River Walk on a 4 mile trail.  It was great.  It's very hilly and my gears got a work out.  My husband kept yelling for me to slow down and told me I was a wild woman!  We rode in total, around 5 miles and today I'm not sore at all, like I expected to be. It's a lot different riding for real than it is riding a stationary bike.   Much more fun.

The NSV part was that he said I looked great from behind.  hahahaa!  I kept him behind me the whole time because he was so much slower.  :)

size 6 jeans fit me at old navy today!!!  :D

to bad they were too short :(  

oh the ying and yang of life....

size 6 jeans fit me at old navy today!!!   :D

to bad they were too short :(

oh the ying and yang of life....

I find that I have to get the longs with Old Navy jeans for them to fit right on me...and that's at 5'8"  If I get the regular length and wear a shoe with any sort of heel on it, they are way too short.  And it's just the jeans...weird!

I find that I have to get the longs with Old Navy jeans for them to fit right on me...and that's at 5'8"  If I get the regular length and wear a shoe with any sort of heel on it, they are way too short.  And it's just the jeans...weird!

That was the longs - I really need a 35-36 inch inseam, but can sometimes get away with a 34.  I see a trip back to the eddie bauer outlet in my future... :D

I see a trip back to the eddie bauer outlet in my future... :D

I'll come with you! :D

omg we would have a ball! :D

We would probably end up getting in trouble and in jail, then someone from here would have to come bail us out!  LOL!  :D  :D  :D  :D

We rode our bikes yesterday at a local River Walk on a 4 mile trail.  It was great.  It's very hilly and my gears got a work out.  My husband kept yelling for me to slow down and told me I was a wild woman!  We rode in total, around 5 miles and today I'm not sore at all, like I expected to be. It's a lot different riding for real than it is riding a stationary bike.   Much more fun.

The NSV part was that he said I looked great from behind.  hahahaa!  I kept him behind me the whole time because he was so much slower.  :)

Wild woman eh? Pirates like wild women.....

Does someone need some pirate training?

I have a surreal type of one this week.

I was at the gym last night and there was a loud mouth guy blathering away to another dude.  He was a fairly normal looking guy - not lean but not really overweight either...what I consider normal/average.   And he told the other dude he weighted like 257 when he started at the gym and about 250 now.  And I'm just thinking...wow...I weigh less then him.  I WEIGH LESS THEN A NORMAL LOOKING GUY.   I know it isn't that great of a comparison, comparing to a man and one likely taller then me but it was just the simple fact.....I weigh less then a normal looking guy.  This is amazing to me.  Cause I still feel like I would look like a whale standing next to him  :(

I have a surreal type of one this week.

I was at the gym last night and there was a loud mouth guy blathering away to another dude.  He was a fairly normal looking guy - not lean but not really overweight either...what I consider normal/average.   And he told the other dude he weighted like 257 when he started at the gym and about 250 now.  And I'm just thinking...wow...I weigh less then him.  I WEIGH LESS THEN A NORMAL LOOKING GUY.   I know it isn't that great of a comparison, comparing to a man and one likely taller then me but it was just the simple fact.....I weigh less then a normal looking guy.  This is amazing to me.  Cause I still feel like I would look like a whale standing next to him  :(

I totally understand this.  I am a rabid sports fan and I used to get so upset that so many of the men playing professional sports weighed less than I did.  Now I can watch most anything (except lightweight boxing) and I weight less than almost all of the participants. 

Jolls, I totally get that too. It still amazes me when I'm not the fattest person in a room because I'm so used to always being the biggest by far. Carrie, I hated watching football because I always felt bad when they gave the players weights and I was bigger than those huge linebackers!

My brain is still trying to wrap itself around the fact that I don't weigh over 300lbs anymore. Anytime I input my weight on a machine at the gym I always enter a 3 first then have to clear it so I can enter my real weight.

While I am usually still the fattest person in the room... it's decreasing.
I look forward to not automatically presuming I'll be the fattest guy there, wherever I'm going.

Eric

I fit into my size 12 jeans!  I can't believe I can fit into size 12... I haven't worn a size 12 in almost 15 years!  I didn't even have to lay down on the bed to get them to zip :)

Its a weird NSV when I use to drive and it was cold I would put my hand under my belly to keep warm kind of on the side...now there is nowhere to keep my hand warm under my belly...I told you it was weird!

My brain is still trying to wrap itself around the fact that I don't weigh over 300lbs anymore. Anytime I input my weight on a machine at the gym I always enter a 3 first then have to clear it so I can enter my real weight.

I do the same thing!!!  I am just about to onederland, so I can only imagine what my brain will do to me when that happens!

I totally understand this.  I am a rabid sports fan and I used to get so upset that so many of the men playing professional sports weighed less than I did.  Now I can watch most anything (except lightweight boxing) and I weight less than almost all of the participants. 

OMG I did the SAME thing!!  I'd see the stats of football players, etc and think "I weigh MORE than him!"  (and he's over 6 feet tall!)

As for putting my weight into the machines at the gym, same here!  It changes so often, I have to re-do it!

As for ONEDERLAND.....I'm weighing on Thursday.....last week 200.5.....we...shall....see......

When I get out of the shower, I dry off , throw the towel on the shower door, throw on a robe and go into the bedroom to get dressed.

This morning after I dried off, I realized I had left my robe downstairs.

So I wrapped my bath towel around me and it actually went all the way around with some to spare so I could actually tuck in in at the top and walk to my bedroom without it coming undone.

Yeah me!

While I am usually still the fattest person in the room... it's decreasing.

I look forward to not automatically presuming I'll be the fattest guy there, wherever I'm going.

Eric

I am thinner and weigh less than my boss now...

my ultimate weight loss goal is to lose enough weight that when someone I don't know hurls an insult at me the term "fat @$$" never crosses their mind.

Edited by fflintstone

Registered for my first 5k run in May, and registered for a sprint triathlon in August.