Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

today was the first day that we actually needed a coat out here in So. Cali.  I have a great new coat that I was able to zip up.  I don't have to pretend any longer to be warm enough that I don't need to zip up my coat (translate that to can't zip it up around my stomach)

OMG! Nice to know I wasn't the only one who tried that tactic in the winter! It is a wonderful feeling of being all bundled up and warm in a coat showing winter who is the boss now!   

I weigh less than my drivers license says I do.

I haven't been in the 180's since before I have had kids....AMAZING! I have worked my tush off...literally! Less than 50 lbs to goal!

Last year this time I was 292-297. I remember going to Disney Land and being proud that I had already lost weight but gained 7 pounds that week!

It hasn't been easy...Everyday I fight to lose this mental and physical weight...But I can tell you that the 189's is such a huge milestone...

Now on to 179's to no longer be obese...My December goal! Can I ask Santa for that?

LOVE THE MESSAGE ON THE SCALE! I am going to add something inspiring to mine since it can be a positive moment or a discouraging one! Thank You for the idea! 

You look soooo skinny amiga!!!! :)

I'm trying!!!

My NSV,,, I honestly quit drinking and been sober a month. I'm very proud of this accomplishment.  :)

I am so excited for you.  I am still early out, but have found that making little changes in my life has made a world of difference.  I am rooting for you all the way, mama!

today was the first day that we actually needed a coat out here in So. Cali.  I have a great new coat that I was able to zip up.  I don't have to pretend any longer to be warm enough that I don't need to zip up my coat (translate that to can't zip it up around my stomach)

I'm in So Cali!!!

I am closer to Palm Springs but did my surgery in Palmdale....that almost makes us neighbors!:)

I got into a size 12 pair of dress pants while shopping in my closet.

I got into a size 12 pair of dress pants while shopping in my closet.

Fabulous darling, just fabulous !

I just ate out at the restaurant we went to the night before my pre-op diet... Where we had my food funeral. The difference between what I ate then and what I had tonight is amazing. My friend and I shared two appetizers: fried calamari and mozzarella cheese ball. No pasta, no problem! I was satisfied and very happy to note how much my habits have changed! :)

Grabbed a pair of pants from the closet to change into after work, well they fell off when i put them on

They didn't make me cake!!

It's my birthday and I half expected a big gooey cake waiting for me at my moms house tonight but they didn't make me one! I think they finally get it :)

My gramma got me a huge spice rack with hanging glass bulbs full of 16 different spices, and my parents and sisters got me a pair of black boots so now I can finally wear a few of the outfits/dresses that karabelle gave me! (I felt I needed black boots to complete the ensemble ;) )

I feel like such a lucky duck today!

It's my birthday and I half expected a big gooey cake waiting for me at my moms house tonight but they didn't make me one! I think they finally get it :)

My gramma got me a huge spice rack with hanging glass bulbs full of 16 different spices, and my parents and sisters got me a pair of black boots so now I can finally wear a few of the outfits/dresses that karabelle gave me! (I felt I needed black boots to complete the ensemble ;) )

Rock this moment!!! Nothing will feel this good! :)

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday Cynthia!

My NSV,,, I honestly quit drinking and been sober a month. I'm very proud of this accomplishment.  :)

I'm a couple of days late to this but want to say Congratulations! Super proud of you and happy for you! One day at a time.

Thanks guys :)

The miracle in this is that you were happy that you did't have cake.  You got this.  Happy b-day.

Happy birthday Cynthia and congratulations all. 

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!  It's great that your family is finally getting your journey!  The idea of big gooey cake kinda makes my stomach turn.  Wait, I cannot believe I just typed that!!!

I had blood work the other day.  My cholesterol is down 22 points!  Overall number, HDL and LDL all within normal range for the first time I can remember. 

The only problem with my labs before surgery was my LDL was a little high.

I went to a party last night that was out of town.  When we got to the hotel, I pulled out my dress, which I bought a month or so ago, and found out that it was too big!  Not so big that I couldn't wear it because it was stretchy, but holding my arms out to the side showed at least a couple of inches of extra fabric on each side.  Amazing!

I am so excited for you.  I am still early out, but have found that making little changes in my life has made a world of difference.  I am rooting for you all the way, mama!

I'm a couple of days late to this but want to say Congratulations! Super proud of you and happy for you! One day at a time.

Awe,,TY so much ladies. I am still sober and have no plans on going back to the bottle. With my health in jeopardy and the daily pain....I'd be just stupid to. 

Haven't posted in a while and I've had tons of NSVs. Here are a few that stand out...

I can wrap up completely in a normal sized towel - with no gaps, totally covered. I used to always use a beach towel!

I'm wearing size 13 cords with leather ties up the side that I've had sense 1999 and haven't worn sense 2004. They're kinda stretchy so I think they're more like a size 15 really, but still. Oh, and my nice sued jacket fits too, so yeah- totally busting out the remnants of my high school wardrobe.

I like to sit in my chair at work with my leg tucked up under me... and I can.

I remembered the other one. My hands! They have bones in them! And I can ALWAYS see them! Oh, my clavicles are always visible too! I don't have to push them forward to be able to see then anymore.