Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

My NSV for the week is that I can shovel snow today! I'm not happy about shoveling but the point is that I can do it instead of having to pay someone to do it for me because I thought I'd have a heart attack if I spent more that 5 minutes doing it.

My other happy for this week is that I started working with a personal trainer and he was impressed by how hard I was able to work. I'm educating him about WLS patients while he's whipping me into shape.

My NSV for the week is that I can shovel snow today! I'm not happy about shoveling but the point is that I can do it instead of having to pay someone to do it for me because I thought I'd have a heart attack if I spent more that 5 minutes doing it.

Yesterday, after getting home from my 2 hour snow commute (Really, people? It was only about 3 inches of snow!), I had my teenager come help me shovel the driveway. Not because I needed her help, but because I want to instill that "Well, it's got to be done. I might as well do it" thought process in her.

When we finished that, I shoveled the elderly neighbors' drive by myself without a problem. When I finished, I wasn't sore, tired, or even winded.

I hated being in the snow and cold, but I loved the feeling.

Of course, I came outside this morning and BOTH driveways are covered again... and the snow plow covered the walkways I made to the mailboxes for the mail man. : (

Eric

Yesterday, after getting home from my 2 hour snow commute (Really, people? It was only about 3 inches of snow!), I had my teenager come help me shovel the driveway. Not because I needed her help, but because I want to instill that "Well, it's got to be done. I might as well do it" thought process in her.

When we finished that, I shoveled the elderly neighbors' drive by myself without a problem. When I finished, I wasn't sore, tired, or even winded.

I hated being in the snow and cold, but I loved the feeling.

Of course, I came outside this morning and BOTH driveways are covered again... and the snow plow covered the walkways I made to the mailboxes for the mail man. : (

Eric

I am done with the snow and cold. I live on Long Island and we just got slammed twice in 3 days.

Yesterday, after getting home from my 2 hour snow commute (Really, people? It was only about 3 inches of snow!),

I had that kind of commute home last night as well.  School was cancelled today and the snow plow dropped a foot of snow at the end of my driveway just as I was trying to drive out.  Had to back up and then gun it out and almost ended up in the neighbor's ditch on the other side of the road.  FUN!!

minor, but funny NSV today.  I was walking through the chilly and breezy halls of the hospital with my arms folded across my chest and got into the elevator with a doctor.  He asked me if I was cold, so I said, "Freezing!!"  He laughed and said I should put some meat on my bones....

SCORE!

Edited by Happy-Camper

H-C, I can only imagine that you were laughing your butt off on the inside!

LOL

H-C, I can only imagine that you were laughing your butt off on the inside!

LOL

darlin', you have no idea.  I still smile when I think about it!  Made my whole day.  When he said it, I just looked at him like he was a 3 eyed fish...  then when he got off the elevator, it really struck me what he said.  hahahaha!

I bought a swimsuit for my April cruise.  That's not all that monumental, but the fact that I had several to try on, in slightly different styles, and I didn't want to cry after trying on any of them was incredible!!  It's a tankini, black and white, with the cutest bottoms that have a ruffly-skirt-type thing, but it isn't like ugly, old-lady swimsuit skirt.  I actually had fun trying all of them on.

I know I updated this as my status today but I felt like sharing in detail...

I went shopping for my Maid of Honor dress for my sister's wedding today. I went into the store and even picked dresses off the racks thinking "well... they won't fit but at least I can try out some styles and get an idea of how it might look." Not only was I able to FIT into dresses straight off the racks, the dress I bought is a size 24. The dress I wore to my cousin's wedding in September was a 32W. That's 5 sizes difference since my surgery in October.. FIVE! I couldn't believe it. The best part... I know I'm going to have to schedule alterations to take it in since the wedding isn't until May 31st. 

I'm still wearing a 28 in jeans so I'll be more excited when I hit that 24 in some denim but... my god I couldn't believe it.. I almost cried. 

I have been in a weekend long pharmacy conference that I arrived at Friday night.  The bulk of the programming is today (Saturday) and I have had the best time walking around and having people NOT recognize who I am!!   I am very active in my state pharmacy association, so I have seen the majority of these people many times a year for the past 10-11 years.  People always recognized me while I was morbidly obese and now most don't have a clue who I am until they look at my name tag.  Then once they realize who I am, I get the jaw dropping to the ground look!  

I also went shopping at the local mall and fit beautifully into a sz L Columbia fleece jacket, so I bought two of them.  Then I went to New York and Co. and about died when I tried on sz 16 pants and sz L tops and they fit great.  The little, tiny gal who was taking care of me asked me why I didn't have a rewards card at the store.  I told her that this was the first time in my life that I have shopped in this store.  She gives me a puzzled look and I tell her that I lost 207 lbs and she about died and proceeded to tell me how fabulous I looked.  I don't think she believed me though until I showed her my driver's license to open up the rewards card...then it really sank in and she brought her coworker over to "show me off" to her and couldn't stop gushing about how great I look.  I actually wanted to cry right then and there!

Now THAT is an NSV, rxmom. Have fun at the conference. I just had one last week.

I have been in a weekend long pharmacy conference that I arrived at Friday night.  The bulk of the programming is today (Saturday) and I have had the best time walking around and having people NOT recognize who I am!!   I am very active in my state pharmacy association, so I have seen the majority of these people many times a year for the past 10-11 years.  People always recognized me while I was morbidly obese and now most don't have a clue who I am until they look at my name tag.  Then once they realize who I am, I get the jaw dropping to the ground look!  

I also went shopping at the local mall and fit beautifully into a sz L Columbia fleece jacket, so I bought two of them.  Then I went to New York and Co. and about died when I tried on sz 16 pants and sz L tops and they fit great.  The little, tiny gal who was taking care of me asked me why I didn't have a rewards card at the store.  I told her that this was the first time in my life that I have shopped in this store.  She gives me a puzzled look and I tell her that I lost 207 lbs and she about died and proceeded to tell me how fabulous I looked.  I don't think she believed me though until I showed her my driver's license to open up the rewards card...then it really sank in and she brought her coworker over to "show me off" to her and couldn't stop gushing about how great I look.  I actually wanted to cry right then and there!

This is so awesome! You made ME cry!

I'm so happy for you!!  What a great validation of how far you've come!

Amazing and wonderful. Always good to hear stories that remind us of all the nice people there are out in the world.

We tend to remember the negatives so nice stories are much appreciated.

Cathy

I got chills reading this! So incredibly happy for you!

I took a walk today down a street I have never been on before. I have not been out walking for the entire month of January. I thought about

the people who lived in the different houses I passed and offered blessings to them. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but I have

really been feeling low lately so it took effort. I opened my heart today.

Someone at work parked right next to my driver's door. I couldn't even walk sideways between our two cars. I crawled in on the passenger side over the center console and the stick shift with no problems at all. I thought it would take minutes and it took just seconds! 80+ pounds ago that would have been much more difficult if not impossible!

This thread always makes me smile.  It is amazing what you have all achieved!

I was in a club on Friday night, and a guy friend picked me up.  Lifted me right over his head.  I was speechless.  I kind of still am...  I am a person who can be lifted up.  So many kinds of wow.  

I loved this one,  almost cryed!  that has got to feel great!

I have one, I have one!!! lol. (waving hand) or two.

I went hiking today by my lake, took the dogs swimming.  I noticed my legs were feeling different.  They weren't rubbing together as much anymore, such a weird sensation, but love it. 

yesterday went to platos closet and bought a pair of 14 jeans and 3 large tops.  the jeans were Rue 21.  never been in there cause its always tiny people clothes, so when I got them home and tried them on(don't try on clothes in store)  I was amazed that they actually fit.  I figured id have to wait at least a week to get them on.  I ended up returning them today because the legs were too slim.  I still need my flare or boot cut, these were almost skinny jeans, they looked ridiculous on me.  but the waste looked great, butt looked great, so I went e-bay shopping for cute butt pocket size 14 jeans.  Oh and the shirts were Holister and they fit great too! this is so new to me since I have lived off of old navy and gap and cato for the last 10 years.  What am I going to do with so many options,  I see why people get addicted to shopping. 

I know I updated this as my status today but I felt like sharing in detail...

I went shopping for my Maid of Honor dress for my sister's wedding today. I went into the store and even picked dresses off the racks thinking "well... they won't fit but at least I can try out some styles and get an idea of how it might look." Not only was I able to FIT into dresses straight off the racks, the dress I bought is a size 24. The dress I wore to my cousin's wedding in September was a 32W. That's 5 sizes difference since my surgery in October.. FIVE! I couldn't believe it. The best part... I know I'm going to have to schedule alterations to take it in since the wedding isn't until May 31st. 

I'm still wearing a 28 in jeans so I'll be more excited when I hit that 24 in some denim but... my god I couldn't believe it.. I almost cried. 

Id cry, that's awesome!

Tonight an acquaintance called me "The incredible shrinking Cheryl" !! I hadn't seen him since WLS. That was fun!!

Went to have blood work done on base this morning to check my liver stats yet again. Had to show my photo Military ID card as usual. Though this time i was told the picture looks nothing like me. After i left the lab, went to get a new Military ID card made. LOL it was that or not get back on base or seen on post by doctors. Really cool to be told i don't look like the same person.  :)