Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

I have finally gotten around to reading this thread and it has made me cry. What wonderful stories!

My NSV of the week must be this: Yesterday I wen to a Super Bowl party and met a woman for the second time. The first time we met was Father's Day 2013 and I was already close to goal. She has no idea I had surgery and yesterday she said, "You've really lost weight since I saw you last. Not that you needed to. But you've really shrunk. You're tiny."

RE: Sweating--When I was in my thirties and exercising, I did sweat profusely. Now I barely break a sweat, and I meet my target heart rate and my resting pulse (the best barometer of whether a body is in shape or not) is below 50--no meds. I recently read an article that said different bodies react differently--sweat is not always an indicator of whether we are working hard enough or not. I'll see if I can find it. I wouldn't worry about the amount of perspiration; the target heart rate, yes, and the recovery heart rate, yes, and the resting heart rate, yes. Body fluids, not necessarily. :)

Edit: Just did some quick research. Sweat is the body's way of cooling itself off; sweat results in loss of water weight, not fat.

Edited by Molly January

RE: Sweating--When I was in my thirties and exercising, I did sweat profusely. Now I barely break a sweat, and I meet my target heart rate and my resting pulse (the best barometer of whether a body is in shape or not) is below 50--no meds. I recently read an article that said different bodies react differently--sweat is not always an indicator of whether we are working hard enough or not. I'll see if I can find it. I wouldn't worry about the amount of perspiration; the target heart rate, yes, and the recovery heart rate, yes, and the resting heart rate, yes. Body fluids, not necessarily. :)

yeah, I wasn't sure about chiming in with this thread because I barely break a sweat either.  I reach my target heart rate and hold it a while and then notice I'm hot, and "glistening" like a proper southern lady -- but not dripping sweat like I used to as a large person.  I used to not be able to go outside without needing to wear a towel around my neck.  It was ridonkulous.  It used to irritate me that my husband never sweated and rarely got hot and I was about to DIE in the heat.  Now I'm like him.  I love the heat and if I sweat, I don't have to worry about it dripping into my eyes anymore.  Life is good and South Carolina summers are my friend again.  However the winters... not so much.

Moment of the last 4 weeks!!!

I

Unsubscribing to "woman within" emails.

Seems like I will be able to buy clothes elsewhere.

First NSV this week:

Saturday, and again yesterday, I rode around the neighborhood.  We put on a few nice miles.  Saturday was by far the coolest since I took off - alone - with my mare.  This was the first time we went out alone in years since she is a (retired) 100 mile endurance horse and has a very forward way of going.  We conquered all of the lions, tigers and bears in the woods.  I exaggerate a little - we saw deer running in the woods, turkeys running away from us in a corn field and geese honking at us.

Anyway, we were ambling along at a nice slow jog when I heard a diesel engine start from somewhere so I quickly dismounted in case it was a tractor-trailer coming along the quiet back road.  Posi has a thing about tractor-trailers and I really have a survival instinct.  I then realized that it was an actual tractor that someone was warming up and that we were in no immediate danger.  My next thought was "Oh crap I'm down here and I can't get back on".  We walked along for a while.  Every once in a while she would drop back and then firmly place her head in the middle of my back and shove me along.  This went on for 1/2 a mile when I spotted a downed tree in the woods that I could step on to give me enough room to boost myself back on.

She knows the drill and stands perfectly still for me to get on - bless her heart - the wood wasn't nearly tall enough for the heavier me, but I had no problem with a step of less thank 10" to get back on.  SCORE!!!

My second NSV this week:

My saddle is too big.  I'm sore this morning from slopping around in it.  I think I'm going to purchase a seat saver or something like that until I get to where I need to be in weight and I don't have an extra $1,600 hanging around to spend on the saddle I really want.

I

Me too!!!  And Catherines, Just My Size, and Lane Bryant!  Just made my final payment on my Catherines credit card and closed it for good.  What a rush that was!

My primary doctor's office just called with my lab results.  My A1C was 4.4.  I can't remember a time it being under 7 with medication.

Goodbye diabetes!

I

This was one of the best feelings in the world.  The possibilities are endless...

Congrats!

A couple of weeks ago I scored a pair of Liz Claiborn jeans at Goodwill for $2.50 in a size 10 regular.  I figured by spring I would be able to wear them.  This morning I grabbed them, looked at them and thought there is no way in h*ll I am going to squeeze my buns into those.  Well, here I sit, 6 hours later wearing them and I can still breath!  I don't think I have worn anything in a size 10 since I got married almost 18 years ago!  I still can't believe I am wearing them!!

I was at a party last week, and a couple of girls said they would "kill for my figure".  They were just normal slim girls, I thought they looked great!  Serious wow.  Also a skeevy guy spent all night checking me out, which, while irritating, I choose to take as a compliment.  

Non-weight related...

Had a phone interview today for an open internal position and one of the interviewers commented to the other that he was "familiar with my work."

That's always nice to hear.

Eric

Non-weight related...

Had a phone interview today for an open internal position and one of the interviewers commented to the other that he was "familiar with my work."

That's always nice to hear.

Eric

Yep.  Good feeling.  Wait till they start calling you because they are "familiar with your work".  That is good too.

Yep.  Good feeling.  Wait till they start calling you because they are "familiar with your work".  That is good too.

I do get that now... but they're not calling to offer jobs. They're the "Help me, Obi Wan Big Papa! You're my only hope!" calls.

: )

Eric

Another NSV today...my husband reported that for the last week I have completely stopped snoring! Seriously, I snored like a freight train before. 30lbs down 5.5weeks post-op and I may no longer have sleep apnea. Omg! Eeeee!

I do get that now... but they're not calling to offer jobs. They're the "Help me, Obi Wan Big Papa! You're my only hope!" calls.

: )

Eric

At least they aren't calling you Jabba the Hutt. :)

Not to my face. LOL

I actually worked a telemarketing place when I was 19, where everyone got a nickname. They called me Jabba.

B*stards.
Said I could change it to anything I wanted... as soon as I broke the weekly sales record.

Ugh.

Eric

Not to my face. LOL

I actually worked a telemarketing place when I was 19, where everyone got a nickname. They called me Jabba.

B*stards.

Said I could change it to anything I wanted... as soon as I broke the weekly sales record.

Ugh.

Eric

That is just cruel. Wait till your down where I am now, brother. I'm at 206, and no one would think to call me Jabba. In fact, I'm skinnier than most guys near my age nowadays, and getting skinnier.

Today: 7 FitBit miles, 14,000 steps, 20 flights of stairs, 30 mins of high intensity weight training. And in July 2013, I couldn't walk half a mile.

Life is good down here and you're well on your way. Keep the dream alive. You will get here soon enough.

Another NSV today...my husband reported that for the last week I have completely stopped snoring! Seriously, I snored like a freight train before. 30lbs down 5.5weeks post-op and I may no longer have sleep apnea. Omg! Eeeee!

That's great! I have had a real bad cold the past week or two making the cpap impractical. However I still feel like I am sleeping well. I'm not waking up with headaches. Going to keep using the cpap when I can but I may no longer need it soon ! It's so exciting.

That's great! I have had a real bad cold the past week or two making the cpap impractical. However I still feel like I am sleeping well. I'm not waking up with headaches. Going to keep using the cpap when I can but I may no longer need it soon ! It's so exciting.

I have retired my 50 and 52" waist pants and Friday I bought 46" waist jeans at goodwill and SA.

I have boxes of 44" pants I saved and cant wait to bust them out.

I finally have one worthy of sharing. 

I have a size 14 jeans with really cute butt pockets that I bought on my last almost successful diet 2 years ago.  At the time I bought them they were too small (online purchase) I eventually ended up putting all kinds of weight back on and never got to wear them.  They were a bit tight 2 weeks ago.  I put them on today because all my other pants are getting to big and they fit.  not only do they fit but once thy stretch I know they will be too big.  I guess its time I go shopping!!!

Wow. A 183 pound gall bladder. LOL. Must be a new record. Love reading about NSV's. Love living a constant NSV too

Same for me about a month ago...I was so happy to stop using that *&^* thing!!

I have a very silly one this week -

I went to watch a Netflix movie and I take it out of the envelope in the kitchen to just bring the disc to the living room - placing the CD hole in the middle over a finger to carry, and I noticed how far that CD slips over my finger now lol.   Its silly, but I took notice of it right away cause it felt strange, being in a different place then usual on my finger lol.

The most recent one I have is that my husband says I no longer snore!

Well it finally happened!!!!!

Sort of.

I did not get a “holy crap you have lost a ton of weight” but yesterday a co-worker said “boy you are just wasting away to nothing.” I thanked him and proceeded to say I haven’t really lost much in the last month…..

But this was the first time a co-worker has really emphatically said something about it.

it is a good NSV.