Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

10 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

This seems pretty silly to anyone else but I knew YOU guys would totally see the victory in it. Today is a huge clothes clean out day and I’m tossing things that are too big (12 Walmart bags full so far!) and filling my closet and drawers with only things that DO fit. Well while I’m hanging up a skirt, my eyes welled up with tears in the fact that I can hang MY skirt on a skirt hanger and not have to fold and double up the ends to make it fit across the hanger!  Weird, the odd little things that are so different now that bring us joy!!!  

It’s very little but also very huge!!!!

Oh boy do we understand that joy. I also have to smile everytime I hang clothes on my tiny clothesline under my verandah, because I get an extra top or pair of pants on each line. These things make a difference, but skinny folk just wouldn't upstanding what a big deal they are.

34 minutes ago, cinwa said:

It is huge Cheering.

I'm now retired but pre-WLS,  I wore a uniform and all of my work shirts were hung on extra-wide coat-hangers.

The day I had to shop for regular hangers was a really big deal for me.

I didn’t even know they sold extra wide hangers.  Glad you got the fun of getting regular hangers and have never had to go back! :)

The funny thing was when I took this picture I thought I wouldn’t post it bc my skirt looked soooo wide in this pic (despite it is a size 10) BUT then I thought how stupid that I am stressing over how “wide” a size 10 skirt appeared on my picture and I would post it bc I NEEDED to rejoice that it isn’t a size 22 folded in half and clipped onto my skirt hanger!  So I forced myself to post it....and be happy about it!

Personally my mind is my own worst enemy!  :mad: 

Edited by CheeringCJ

32 minutes ago, Aussie Bear said:

Oh boy do we understand that joy. I also have to smile everytime I hang clothes on my tiny clothesline under my verandah, because I get an extra top or pair of pants on each line. These things make a difference, but skinny folk just wouldn't upstanding what a big deal they are.

That is so true...that is why i came to share it w/ you guys, bc you get it”! 

Skinny folks never had to fold the ends of their skirts over to hang them on a regular hanger.

It’s been a weird day getting rid of the clothes.  They don’t fit but some of the one I really liked I wanted to keep....then I tossed them knowing they didn’t fit, but in the back of my mind i was panicking bc what if I need a size 14 or 16 next year?!?!  Wouldn’t I be glad I kept it?  Not sure if that is my hoarding tendency (haha) or my old dieting tendency knowing I ALWAYS gain it back (probably the latter) and that I liked that 14/16 and didn’t want to have to rebuy clothes then when i had perfectly nice ones this year.  I’m fighting my brain today trying to convince it that i don’t need a fall back plan!!!  This IS the new forever me!

2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

That is so true...that is why i came to share it w/ you guys, bc you get it”! 

Skinny folks never had to fold the ends of their skirts over to hang them on a regular hanger.

It’s been a weird day getting rid of the clothes.  They don’t fit but some of the one I really liked I wanted to keep....then I tossed them knowing they didn’t fit, but in the back of my mind i was panicking bc what if I need a size 14 or 16 next year?!?!  Wouldn’t I be glad I kept it?  Not sure if that is my hoarding tendency (haha) or my old dieting tendency knowing I ALWAYS gain it back (probably the latter) and that I liked that 14/16 and didn’t want to have to rebuy clothes then when i had perfectly nice ones this year.  I’m fighting my brain today trying to convince it that i don’t need a fall back plan!!!  This IS the new forever me!

Every time I change my seasons clothes, like bring out winter clothes I haven’t worn in a while, I panic and think they aren’t going to fit—-but they do, lol.

@CheeringCJ - Totally get it! I feel so pleased when I'm clothes shopping and my size isn't all folded over at the edges of the clippy hangers. They're the sort of size that hangers are made for! Very exciting.

49 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

@CheeringCJ - Totally get it! I feel so pleased when I'm clothes shopping and my size isn't all folded over at the edges of the clippy hangers. They're the sort of size that hangers are made for! Very exciting.

If the label isn't clear or the hanger isn't colour coded I can use the fact that the item is folded in the hanger now to discount even looking at that item for a tag. A great time saver when you're hunting through clearance racks. Haha!!!

21 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

If the label isn't clear or the hanger isn't colour coded I can use the fact that the item is folded in the hanger now to discount even looking at that item for a tag. A great time saver when you're hunting through clearance racks. Haha!!!

Great tip for my thrift store shopping!!!  Thanks