Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, cinwa said:

No need to apologise Cindy -  your surgeon gave you a tool and you have used it wisely.  Own your success and have pride in it.

Thanks. I will think about your "own your success and have pride in it" comment. So far I have been way more ashamed that I had 100+ pounds to lose than the fact that I lost it. Other than my medical community, my immediate family and you guys, NO ONE knows how much I lost. Even when friends or other loved ones specifically ask me for a number, I just say, "Enough that I'm embarrassed to say how much. But it's alot." Maybe it's time for a mind shift....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kio said:

Last night I was chatting with @CheeringCJ and showed her a pic of myself from yesterday.  My intention was to dress up to go in to work, then post a snazzy picture in the "what are you wearing today!" thread.  Instead I dressed super casual but at the end of the day took a selfie in the bathroom mirror.  Always in the past I've been super embarrassed to share pics of myself with friends.

And I was still pretty embarrassed.... because the bathroom mirror was FILTHY!  :D 

But I wasn't ashamed of myself or how I looked... and that is a big, big step forward for me.  (Or maybe a LITTLER step!)

Great NSV, @Kio! I bet you rock in every outfit you put on, dressy or not!! You are SO fabulous and an inspiration!!! (Now will you please share the picture with us? :P Or get out the Windex and take another one? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D  Awww... I am having so much fun dressing myself, I have to say - it's been a blast.  I'm still 25-30 lbs above my goal, but I feel "normal" and can dress normal now!!!

Ok... CJ said I should post this side by side with my first "before", which was 9 months before surgery.  THAT is an embarrassing pic.  I was in deep denial... I knew I was huge, just not HOW huge.  (Please ignore the toothpaste stains on the mirror... I have room mates!  It was them, not me!!  :D )  In the second pic, I'm wearing my room mate Leah's sweater and a ring I swiped out of her jewelry box :D:D:D.  And I'm leaning so far to the side to avoid including the toothbrush holder suctioned to the mirror... )

image12.jpeg.5302d5928928b3c233db98ac81116318.jpeg.d4e2f65796064e99fd6358b9b48bf580.jpeg1753355564_IMG_0335b.JPG.1260210d26322e8a3d285e0289ad9768.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kio said:

:D  Awww... I am having so much fun dressing myself, I have to say - it's been a blast.  I'm still 25-30 lbs above my goal, but I feel "normal" and can dress normal now!!!

Ok... CJ said I should post this side by side with my first "before", which was 9 months before surgery.  THAT is an embarrassing pic.  I was in deep denial... I knew I was huge, just not HOW huge.  (Please ignore the toothpaste stains on the mirror... I have room mates!  It was them, not me!!  :D )  In the second pic, I'm wearing my room mate Leah's sweater and a ring I swiped out of her jewelry box :D:D:D.  And I'm leaning so far to the side to avoid including the toothbrush holder suctioned to the mirror... )

image12.jpeg.5302d5928928b3c233db98ac81116318.jpeg.d4e2f65796064e99fd6358b9b48bf580.jpeg1753355564_IMG_0335b.JPG.1260210d26322e8a3d285e0289ad9768.JPG

FABULISIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing! You look simply fantastic. Great job, Lady!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

FABULISIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing! You look simply fantastic. Great job, Lady!!

 

I met @Kio this past summer at a TTF get together in Boston, and I can assure you that she really is a fantastic person! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kio said:

:D  Awww... I am having so much fun dressing myself, I have to say - it's been a blast.  I'm still 25-30 lbs above my goal, but I feel "normal" and can dress normal now!!!

Ok... CJ said I should post this side by side with my first "before", which was 9 months before surgery.  THAT is an embarrassing pic.  I was in deep denial... I knew I was huge, just not HOW huge.  (Please ignore the toothpaste stains on the mirror... I have room mates!  It was them, not me!!  :D )  In the second pic, I'm wearing my room mate Leah's sweater and a ring I swiped out of her jewelry box :D:D:D.  And I'm leaning so far to the side to avoid including the toothbrush holder suctioned to the mirror... )

image12.jpeg.5302d5928928b3c233db98ac81116318.jpeg.d4e2f65796064e99fd6358b9b48bf580.jpeg1753355564_IMG_0335b.JPG.1260210d26322e8a3d285e0289ad9768.JPG

WOW!!!! What a transformation, You have done an amazing job!. Looking at your pics makes me very excited for my own surgery in 10 days! I hope my before and after pics are just as fabulous as yours! Very inspiring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

 Other than my medical community, my immediate family and you guys, NO ONE knows how much I lost. 

My husband, my doctor, and you guys. I’m terrified at the idea of anyone else finding out.

 

@Kio Holy heck, you look amazing!!! Amazing how our eyes get bigger, eh? Yours are large and lovely. You don’t just look “normal;” you look thin. In a really good, healthy, happy, comfortable way.

Edited by Jen581791

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW Kio!  That is a pretty dramatic transformation - you're doing an amazing job with your WLS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jen581791 said:
On 12/5/2018 at 8:12 AM, Cindy Lou Who said:

 Other than my medical community, my immediate family and you guys, NO ONE knows how much I lost. 

My husband, my doctor, and you guys. I’m terrified at the idea of anyone else finding out.

Yup,  I'm right with you. Thanks for saying that. Now I don't feel like such a wimp! I keep telling myself the number of pounds lost is no one's business!  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Yup,  I'm right with you. Thanks for saying that. Now I don't feel like such a wimp! I keep telling myself the number of pounds lost is no one's business!  :P

I agree.  On the other hand, for the first time in my life I am very happy to tell people how much I currently weigh (which is a NSV in itself). :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 10:11 AM, Kio said:

:D  Awww... I am having so much fun dressing myself, I have to say - it's been a blast.  I'm still 25-30 lbs above my goal, but I feel "normal" and can dress normal now!!!

Ok... CJ said I should post this side by side with my first "before", which was 9 months before surgery.  THAT is an embarrassing pic.  I was in deep denial... I knew I was huge, just not HOW huge.  (Please ignore the toothpaste stains on the mirror... I have room mates!  It was them, not me!!  :D )  In the second pic, I'm wearing my room mate Leah's sweater and a ring I swiped out of her jewelry box :D:D:D.  And I'm leaning so far to the side to avoid including the toothbrush holder suctioned to the mirror... )

image12.jpeg.5302d5928928b3c233db98ac81116318.jpeg.d4e2f65796064e99fd6358b9b48bf580.jpeg1753355564_IMG_0335b.JPG.1260210d26322e8a3d285e0289ad9768.JPG

Oh my God, Kio!! You...look...incredible!!! I am SO PROUD OF AND HAPPY FOR YOU!! 

Oh, and a PS...I had to laugh at the toothpaste stain comment, lol! I live with a 2 year old, and I don’t think there is a mirror in my house that doesn’t have toothpaste, fingerprints, or tub crayon on them! Looking at you in this picture, I can’t even notice anything else @Kio!

Edited by Nana Trish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Yup,  I'm right with you. Thanks for saying that. Now I don't feel like such a wimp! I keep telling myself the number of pounds lost is no one's business!  :P

No wimp!  Even 6 years out I don’t tell.  No ones business.  I’m me; that hasn’t changed, no matter what I weigh.  

@Kio you look fabulous!  Skinny neck and collarbones- check, all there:).  That sweater looks comfy!  

Although last week I had to tell hubby and scuba shop guy what I weigh to order a new wetsuit.  I hesitated first.  But on the plus side I ordered a wetsuit with a galaxy design.  Most wetsuits are plain and boring but I got to order something cute, lol!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

I agree.  On the other hand, for the first time in my life I am very happy to tell people how much I currently weigh (which is a NSV in itself). :)

Oh, I'll trot that number out at any time now. More people know how much I weigh now that have ever known how much I weigh since I was born, I suppose. Most people are surprised to hear the number since it's quite low, and I'm not really a small person (5'8" with good sized shoulders and hips), and most adult females of my height weigh significantly more. I did get a "I thought you were really tall, but I guess you're just thin so you look like it" the other day, which was a compliment, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even see that people had responded to my post - whoops have to keep an eye out for my notifications!!  You guys are all so supportive and amazing - thank you!

@Res Ipsa - I can say the same about you!  =D 

@Loosing Lucy - thank you!!  There's really no trick to it - just follow the plan, which is super easy for the first year.  After that, things get a little dicier, because you have to do a little more self-regulation.  But the losses in the first year are a great inspiration for keeping yourself on track!  You'll be totally thrilled with your own before-and-afters in no time!

@Jen581791 - *beaming at you* The funny thing is, I'm still kind of in that place where I look at my hips and thighs and think... "eeeeeh, still pretty fat."  I know better in my brain, but my inner fat girl thinks I'm still big as a house.  Looking at my pics I see a big difference, but somehow my eyes and collarbones are not where my eyes linger.  Does that ever get better?!

@cinwa, @Cheesehead, @cindylouwho, @Boston Redhead - *hugs* and thanks!  :D

@Nana Trish - *HUGS* - LOL, at first the toothpaste was ALL I could see!

As for the amount lost... I tell anybody who wants to know, at this point.  It's kind of funny seeing how they react.  Some people are super impressed, others seem just shocked.  I went with Leah to a doctor's appointment yesterday, and her PCP used to be mine, too.  She didn't even RECOGNIZE me.  She actually asked "...and you are?" very politely, and when I explained I just used to look different, Leah piped up "Yeah, she did, 190 pounds ago!"  She was so amazed, I thought at that point she was going to start examining ME instead of Leah!  =D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kio said:

I didn't even see that people had responded to my post - whoops have to keep an eye out for my notifications!!  You guys are all so supportive and amazing - thank you!

@Res Ipsa - I can say the same about you!  =D 

@Loosing Lucy - thank you!!  There's really no trick to it - just follow the plan, which is super easy for the first year.  After that, things get a little dicier, because you have to do a little more self-regulation.  But the losses in the first year are a great inspiration for keeping yourself on track!  You'll be totally thrilled with your own before-and-afters in no time!

@Jen581791 - *beaming at you* The funny thing is, I'm still kind of in that place where I look at my hips and thighs and think... "eeeeeh, still pretty fat."  I know better in my brain, but my inner fat girl thinks I'm still big as a house.  Looking at my pics I see a big difference, but somehow my eyes and collarbones are not where my eyes linger.  Does that ever get better?!

@cinwa, @Cheesehead, @cindylouwho, @Boston Redhead - *hugs* and thanks!  :D

@Nana Trish - *HUGS* - LOL, at first the toothpaste was ALL I could see!

As for the amount lost... I tell anybody who wants to know, at this point.  It's kind of funny seeing how they react.  Some people are super impressed, others seem just shocked.  I went with Leah to a doctor's appointment yesterday, and her PCP used to be mine, too.  She didn't even RECOGNIZE me.  She actually asked "...and you are?" very politely, and when I explained I just used to look different, Leah piped up "Yeah, she did, 190 pounds ago!"  She was so amazed, I thought at that point she was going to start examining ME instead of Leah!  =D

I hear that...all I see are baby finger prints all over everything, lol!! Yes, a 190 pound loss is profound, and people do not recognize you! People I knew PRIOR to gaining my weight question it, but people I met at 300 pounds no longer recognize me. I totally relate to that! But just know that you look amazing, and you have probably added decades to your life and you are awesome!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kio Funny you mentioned the previous Dr experience.  I have an appointment with a Dr I used to see tomorrow morning. He's the partner of my current Dr who is on holidays. I do recall him seeing me in the waiting room about 12 months ago. He walked past me, called his next patient, then came back out and said he knew he should know me but hadn't recognised me....I suspect he looked me up on their appointment roster. It was a very positive encounter. I'm only going in to get some test results, but it will be interesting to see how he responds this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kio said:

Does that ever get better?!

It varies from day to day with me. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think, "You know, I look pretty good. Even my thighs looks pretty good." I just bought some black velvet skinny jeans because they make my butt look awesome, so that was one of those days. Other days, all is see is distorted me. The mirror tends to lie a whole lot more than pictures, so I try to look at photos as often as possible to sort of shock myself into reality. 

I think people (probably especially women) tend to look at their "problem areas" when they look in the mirror, and forget to look at the total package. It's a hard habit to break, even though I don't really have "problem areas" anymore (at least when I have my clothes on...). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 9:07 PM, Cheesehead said:

Although last week I had to tell hubby and scuba shop guy what I weigh to order a new wetsuit.  I hesitated first.  But on the plus side I ordered a wetsuit with a galaxy design.  Most wetsuits are plain and boring but I got to order something cute, lol!

Do we get a picture when it comes in? Sounds really cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THIS::wub::wub:

image.thumb.png.3d914357bbbcfbd3ef2be57209e96632.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brattykid said:

THIS::wub::wub:

!

2 hours ago, Brattykid said:

THIS::wub::wub:

image.thumb.png.3d914357bbbcfbd3ef2be57209e96632.png

Leg crossing?!?!  Whoooo hoooooo! Isn’t that the best?  I posted a very similar pics in the spring.  I find I have my legs crossed nearly all of the time time, simply because I can! :D  Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 2:01 PM, Brattykid said:

THIS::wub::wub:

image.thumb.png.3d914357bbbcfbd3ef2be57209e96632.png

TERRIFIC TIGHTS AND TERRIFIC LEGS CROSSED! I can't stop crossing my legs now. Feels so good every time!  Congratulations!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems pretty silly to anyone else but I knew YOU guys would totally see the victory in it. Today is a huge clothes clean out day and I’m tossing things that are too big (12 Walmart bags full so far!) and filling my closet and drawers with only things that DO fit. Well while I’m hanging up a skirt, my eyes welled up with tears in the fact that I can hang MY skirt on a skirt hanger and not have to fold and double up the ends to make it fit across the hanger!  Weird, the odd little things that are so different now that bring us joy!!!  

It’s very little but also very huge!!!!

64FEF24B-8A40-4EA1-9595-919FEC4C3AF7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 10:11 AM, Kio said:

:D  Awww... I am having so much fun dressing myself, I have to say - it's been a blast.  I'm still 25-30 lbs above my goal, but I feel "normal" and can dress normal now!!!

Ok... CJ said I should post this side by side with my first "before", which was 9 months before surgery.  THAT is an embarrassing pic.  I was in deep denial... I knew I was huge, just not HOW huge.  (Please ignore the toothpaste stains on the mirror... I have room mates!  It was them, not me!!  :D )  In the second pic, I'm wearing my room mate Leah's sweater and a ring I swiped out of her jewelry box :D:D:D.  And I'm leaning so far to the side to avoid including the toothbrush holder suctioned to the mirror... )

image12.jpeg.5302d5928928b3c233db98ac81116318.jpeg.d4e2f65796064e99fd6358b9b48bf580.jpeg1753355564_IMG_0335b.JPG.1260210d26322e8a3d285e0289ad9768.JPG

I can’t remember if I responded when I saw this but you look amazing!  What a transformation!  You should be so proud of you!!!  Who knew this was possible, right? (I know you’re all thinking that when you see yourselves in the mirror bc I think it every single day!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

This seems pretty silly to anyone else but I knew YOU guys would totally see the victory in it. Today is a huge clothes clean out day and I’m tossing things that are too big (12 Walmart bags full so far!) and filling my closet and drawers with only things that DO fit. Well while I’m hanging up a skirt, my eyes welled up with tears in the fact that I can hang MY skirt on a skirt hanger and not have to fold and double up the ends to make it fit across the hanger!  Weird, the odd little things that are so different now that bring us joy!!!  

It’s very little but also very huge!!!!

 

It is huge Cheering.

I'm now retired but pre-WLS,  I wore a uniform and all of my work shirts were hung on extra-wide coat-hangers.

The day I had to shop for regular hangers was a really big deal for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now