Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

Recommended Posts

On 7/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Well, excellent!

Tthis does bring up the issue.... has anyone had their clothes fall off? Just I could have had my pants drop if I hadn't been careful! That would be just one of the best NSVs once one was over the embarrassment.. 

@BurgundyBoy I know I’ve said this before but my pants fell off in public *twice*. The first time was in the Target parking lot in front of my 85 year old father. I was mortified. MOR TI FIED. This happened three weeks after my surgery and I remember running into Target to buy a pair of pants. :lol: :lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 8:35 PM, Aussie Bear said:

IIRC Nerdy lost her pants one day early on. I had a pair of shorts drop in a carpark of a major shopping centre while loading my shopping into the boot. I don't think anyone noticed though....if they did then I wasn't aware of it. I seem to recall buying a new belt later that day.

@Aussie Bear Although I was embarrassed at the time, it’s one of my fondest post WLS memories. Just thinking about it has me laughing right now. I hope you were wearing clean undies on the day your shorts came down. :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 12:53 PM, Cindy Lou Who said:

WOW, WOW, WOW! Love all the NSV's!! 

Incredible! Carry this one with you every day, every minute! What a great one! So glad you got to hear it!

These are all great! Love all the exercise and trying new things! And 5 sizes! Yeah, Baby! Way to go!!!!!

I can totally relate to this one! Will I ever not fear chafing? That's a huge accomplishment! 

I've had an NSV this week too. My husband and I got invited to go on a boat and swim with some friends of his from high school whom I had never met. Wait - I had to wear a bathing suit around people I had never met before? Anxiety for DAYS leading up to it! 

After the event, the next day, my husband said, "You looked really nice yesterday in your swimming outfits. They looked great on you." People, he NEVER comments on how I look. I've always liked that because I usually it makes me feel selfconscious, and I appreciate that he loves me for my "inside." Upon hearing his comment, I instantly got tears of joy in my eyes!  This journey has so many joy moments, and this is one I'll hang onto for a long long time. 

Here is a pic. I also had a solid turquoise top on underneath to swim in. 

Capture.JPG.37da10ae7ca9cbf82235b49f1a167584.JPG

Sorry, don't know how to turn the image! Haha!

@Cindy Lou Who What a fantastic photo. You’ve got legs for days and a smile that can’t be beat! I’m happy for you. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2018 at 11:10 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

@Cindy Lou Who What a fantastic photo. You’ve got legs for days and a smile that can’t be beat! I’m happy for you. :)

@NerdyToothpick, thank you, Dear One! In junior high I got teased alot about being "thunder thighs" so your leg compliment has me laughing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My NSV this week was another trip with clothes to Goodwill. This time they were size 12's that are too big! A year ago I was in 22's and would have killed to fit into 12 jeans. Now the 12's are off for someone else. Un- fricking- real! I'm SO grateful for this tool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently staying with my brother and SIL. Due to a very difficult family health situation (her mother, not my immediate family thankfully), I've been doing all the shopping cooking etc so she can spend this valuable time with her mother when not working. Today I decided to tackle her washing. While hanging her clothes out, I couldn't help but think how huge her clothes are. After a few minutes the realisation hit that the clothes I was hanging out were actually my own hand me downs!!!! I wasn't tempted at all to try any on but it sure was a huge reality check on just how big I was....and these were clothes from just before my surgery when I was already about 100 lbs below my highest weight!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

I'm currently staying with my brother and SIL. Due to a very difficult family health situation (her mother, not my immediate family thankfully), I've been doing all the shopping cooking etc so she can spend this valuable time with her mother when not working. Today I decided to tackle her washing. While hanging her clothes out, I couldn't help but think how huge her clothes are. After a few minutes the realisation hit that the clothes I was hanging out were actually my own hand me downs!!!! I wasn't tempted at all to try any on but it sure was a huge reality check on just how big I was....and these were clothes from just before my surgery when I was already about 100 lbs below my highest weight!!!!

Accidental NSV! 

Good for you for taking care of your family when they need it. That’s very sweet of you. What a wonderful gift for your SIL - cherished time with her mother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 weeks of vacation, 2 of which were on a cruise ship with ridiculous amounts of temptation and sinful foods (which BurgundyBoy is ill-equipped to resist). 

Lost 2 lbs. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

3 weeks of vacation, 2 of which were on a cruise ship with ridiculous amounts of temptation and sinful foods (which BurgundyBoy is ill-equipped to resist). 

Lost 2 lbs. :D

Yes, this is the first time in my life when vacation does not equal weight gain! Just got back from 3 weeks in the US, and zero change. Blows my mind. I always wondered how “regular people” managed to do that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I walked my daughter to school and then rode my bike to work, and I'm planning to ride it across town for a meeting this afternoon. 

This would have been not just unpleasant a year ago, but impossible. A ride that takes me 20 minutes would have taken an hour and would have been MISERABLE. Now it is not a big deal. It's just what I do. It's how I get around now. 

Also hills don't even LOOK as big now. Haha! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

3 weeks of vacation, 2 of which were on a cruise ship with ridiculous amounts of temptation and sinful foods (which BurgundyBoy is ill-equipped to resist). 

Lost 2 lbs. :D

@BurgundyBoy Well done!

I was thinking about your transformation the other day. With all due respect to you and perfect wife, you look smashing IRL. I can’t believe what a difference a year makes, Slim. I’m sure that perfect wife appreciated the arm candy on vacay. :rolleyes:

I hope that’s not out of line. I feel a little bit like a creeper bringing it up but it had to be said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 8/6/2018 at 11:22 PM, Aussie Bear said:

I'm currently staying with my brother and SIL. Due to a very difficult family health situation (her mother, not my immediate family thankfully), I've been doing all the shopping cooking etc so she can spend this valuable time with her mother when not working. Today I decided to tackle her washing. While hanging her clothes out, I couldn't help but think how huge her clothes are. After a few minutes the realisation hit that the clothes I was hanging out were actually my own hand me downs!!!! I wasn't tempted at all to try any on but it sure was a huge reality check on just how big I was....and these were clothes from just before my surgery when I was already about 100 lbs below my highest weight!!!!

@Aussie Bear What a shock! I bet you nearly fell to the ground when you came to the realization. It must feel good to fold those clothes away for someone else and not for yourself. 

I hope your brother and sister in law are doing well. xo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@BurgundyBoy Well done!

I was thinking about your transformation the other day. With all due respect to you and perfect wife, you look smashing IRL. I can’t believe what a difference a year makes, Slim. I’m sure that perfect wife appreciated the arm candy on vacay. :rolleyes:

I hope that’s not out of line. I feel a little bit like a creeper bringing it up but it had to be said. 

Nah, not creepy, and thank you for the complement. My Perfect Wife does like her accessories, including me, to look ship-shape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 11:22 PM, Aussie Bear said:

I'm currently staying with my brother and SIL. Due to a very difficult family health situation (her mother, not my immediate family thankfully), I've been doing all the shopping cooking etc so she can spend this valuable time with her mother when not working. Today I decided to tackle her washing. While hanging her clothes out, I couldn't help but think how huge her clothes are. After a few minutes the realisation hit that the clothes I was hanging out were actually my own hand me downs!!!! I wasn't tempted at all to try any on but it sure was a huge reality check on just how big I was....and these were clothes from just before my surgery when I was already about 100 lbs below my highest weight!!!!

This is deja vu .... all over again. What a lovely NSV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the last two weeks, I’ve been potty training. K has not made this easy and I’m going crazy. I would normally drown myself in food at times like these. I would use a secret credit card to charge takeout and shove it down my gullet. I would even eat foods I didn’t like just to participate in the act of eating. I justified my choices by ordering from organic/vegetarian/sushi places. Overeating food marketed as healthy is still overeating. 

Last week, my SIL came to town with her twin sister. We went out to dinner and between us we had five children. Three of the kids were under three years old. Katya is not good at sitting down, so she kept trying to leave the restaurant. It didn’t help that her 3 year old cousin kept trying to escape with her. 

My food was sitting in front of me, untouched. My pre WLS attitude would have been to scarf every thing down so I could have something in my belly. I had a moment of Zen when I realized that I couldn’t be part of a child wrangling team, be in the midst of potty training, enjoy my company and eat. I asked for my food to be boxed up and I had a few bites of apps and the kids leftovers. For once I wasn’t focused on the food but rather focused on people. I love my SIL and her twin. I had a great time with them and zero food guilt. Plus, I had three meals worth of food to take home! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am preparing to move 12 hours south in October and tonight was a company outing at a baseball game. There is a Ferris wheel that I have wanted to ride for years but never would out of fear I would embarrass myself because I was too big. 

I checked it off the list. And the entire thing didn't come crashing down!

Attach45355_20180819_192207.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got asked today by the elderly gentleman that lives on the corner of my street if I knew what happened to the woman that lived in my house a couple of years ago that was married to the guy he described ( my hubby). LOL you should have seen the reaction when I said that woman was me and I'd lived in the same house for 15 years now!!!! He really had no idea he was talking about me. Just as well he's a real gentleman and hadn't said anything rude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this past weekend i took my son to kings island for one last summer adventure before i had my picc line placed for tpn. I was amazed that i was able to fit on all the rides with ease. It was an awesome feeling because i still struggle everday to not see myself as 325 pounds anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a Power Red blood donation last week and the girl working the snack table afterwards handed me a bag of mini oreos as I was leaving.  I have mentioned many times on here that Oreos are one of my trigger foods so I avoid them.  I didn't make a fuss, just kept walking and went back to my office, intending to give them away.  I got busy and they ended up shoved in a desk drawer, just so I wasn't staring at them.  Guess what, they are still there!  I forgot all about them and just now came across them.  This is huge people!  First time in my life Oreos have remained intact in my presence lol.  They will promptly be given away but I just needed to share that perhaps they don't have quite as much power over me as they once did.

Or maybe I'm just getting forgetful, hmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, msmarymac said:

I did a Power Red blood donation last week and the girl working the snack table afterwards handed me a bag of mini oreos as I was leaving.  I have mentioned many times on here that Oreos are one of my trigger foods so I avoid them.  I didn't make a fuss, just kept walking and went back to my office, intending to give them away.  I got busy and they ended up shoved in a desk drawer, just so I wasn't staring at them.  Guess what, they are still there!  I forgot all about them and just now came across them.  This is huge people!  First time in my life Oreos have remained intact in my presence lol.  They will promptly be given away but I just needed to share that perhaps they don't have quite as much power over me as they once did.

Or maybe I'm just getting forgetful, hmmmm

That IS great!!!  Good for you!  Now go give them away or toss them ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2018 at 11:55 PM, Aussie Bear said:

I got asked today by the elderly gentleman that lives on the corner of my street if I knew what happened to the woman that lived in my house a couple of years ago that was married to the guy he described ( my hubby). LOL you should have seen the reaction when I said that woman was me and I'd lived in the same house for 15 years now!!!! He really had no idea he was talking about me. Just as well he's a real gentleman and hadn't said anything rude.

That is hysterical...And wonderful at the same time!!!    Wonder if your hubby ever wonders what happened to that woman, or if he is just content to keep living with the one he is with now...haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 8:16 PM, ktallon said:

So this past weekend i took my son to kings island for one last summer adventure before i had my picc line placed for tpn. I was amazed that i was able to fit on all the rides with ease. It was an awesome feeling because i still struggle everday to not see myself as 325 pounds anymore. 

That sounds fun!  Hope all went well with the PICC line placement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2018 at 10:56 PM, KMFL28 said:

I am preparing to move 12 hours south in October and tonight was a company outing at a baseball game. There is a Ferris wheel that I have wanted to ride for years but never would out of fear I would embarrass myself because I was too big. 

I checked it off the list. And the entire thing didn't come crashing down!

Attach45355_20180819_192207.jpg

Great and congrats on the upcoming move. I love that the Ferris wheel didnt come crashing down and roll down the street (threatening to crush all the skinny minis in its path) as it could in your imagination!! Haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2018 at 1:22 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

For the last two weeks, I’ve been potty training. K has not made this easy and I’m going crazy. I would normally drown myself in food at times like these. I would use a secret credit card to charge takeout and shove it down my gullet. I would even eat foods I didn’t like just to participate in the act of eating. I justified my choices by ordering from organic/vegetarian/sushi places. Overeating food marketed as healthy is still overeating. 

Last week, my SIL came to town with her twin sister. We went out to dinner and between us we had five children. Three of the kids were under three years old. Katya is not good at sitting down, so she kept trying to leave the restaurant. It didn’t help that her 3 year old cousin kept trying to escape with her. 

My food was sitting in front of me, untouched. My pre WLS attitude would have been to scarf every thing down so I could have something in my belly. I had a moment of Zen when I realized that I couldn’t be part of a child wrangling team, be in the midst of potty training, enjoy my company and eat. I asked for my food to be boxed up and I had a few bites of apps and the kids leftovers. For once I wasn’t focused on the food but rather focused on people. I love my SIL and her twin. I had a great time with them and zero food guilt. Plus, I had three meals worth of food to take home! ;)

 

How is potty training going?  My son (on the spectrum) had a difficult time w/ it....IM me if you want, i’ll fill you in more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of interesting things happened to me this weekend

my dad’s sister passed and we went to her service this weekend.  I rode up with my parents and sister and we met my brother up there.  My sister has always been the tiny sister forEVER.  When we were little, even though she was 2 yr older than me, my mom  dressed us alike and we were always asked if we were twins (I was younger but her height and weight...eventually i passed her weight by a ton and they stopped asking!  Then I just became the big sister and she was the tiny sister).  It was a hard thing to live with....she was so tiny (so 0 or 1 tiny and I was the size 14 fatty...which in retrospect is amazing that I was a 14 and felt sooooo fat!).  Anyway, we were sitting on the hotel sofa and my sister remarked at how small my legs were....then she (not me) brought her leg over next to mine to compare and lo and behold for the first time in my 51 years, I was SMALLER THAN MY TINY SISTER!!!!  I was literally speechless and trying to not react bc I know how hard it is being the bigger one, I just ignored it but my insides were leaping up and down screaming!!!!! I love my sister and it wasn’t a put down but man, what an accomplishment!!!  I knew YOU guys would understand...no viciousness, just glory in my accomplishment!  Later after getting out of the pool (yes, another accomplishment, putting on a bathing suit in public), I was stilling in the room and my mom remarked about my bony knees...we compared all of our knees and feet and turns out my brother and sister have very flat, wide knees and puffy fat feet like my mom and I have bony knees and you can see the tendons in my feet like my dad!  I WAS a skinnny person under all that fat after all......HUGE HUGE DISCOVERY!!!!

Then we went to the service and it was an outdoor celebration and we got a cousin pic taken (I wasn’t ashamed to be seen like I would have been 85# ago!) and I must say I looked really good! ;)  I didn’t have that panic of thinking “Crap, I have to lost 50# this week before I can see everyone again!”  I just went and enjoyed seeing every one again (my cousins I haven’t seen since our wedding, 34 yrs ago!!!). It is SUCH a good feeling to not worry about how I look but just relax and enjoy the company of those around me.....such a LIFE CHANGER!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now