Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

On 7/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Well, excellent!

Tthis does bring up the issue.... has anyone had their clothes fall off? Just I could have had my pants drop if I hadn't been careful! That would be just one of the best NSVs once one was over the embarrassment.. 

@BurgundyBoy I know I’ve said this before but my pants fell off in public *twice*. The first time was in the Target parking lot in front of my 85 year old father. I was mortified. MOR TI FIED. This happened three weeks after my surgery and I remember running into Target to buy a pair of pants. :lol: :lol::lol:

On 7/20/2018 at 8:35 PM, Aussie Bear said:

IIRC Nerdy lost her pants one day early on. I had a pair of shorts drop in a carpark of a major shopping centre while loading my shopping into the boot. I don't think anyone noticed though....if they did then I wasn't aware of it. I seem to recall buying a new belt later that day.

@Aussie Bear Although I was embarrassed at the time, it’s one of my fondest post WLS memories. Just thinking about it has me laughing right now. I hope you were wearing clean undies on the day your shorts came down. :P

On 7/11/2018 at 12:53 PM, Cindy Lou Who said:

WOW, WOW, WOW! Love all the NSV's!! 

Incredible! Carry this one with you every day, every minute! What a great one! So glad you got to hear it!

These are all great! Love all the exercise and trying new things! And 5 sizes! Yeah, Baby! Way to go!!!!!

I can totally relate to this one! Will I ever not fear chafing? That's a huge accomplishment! 

I've had an NSV this week too. My husband and I got invited to go on a boat and swim with some friends of his from high school whom I had never met. Wait - I had to wear a bathing suit around people I had never met before? Anxiety for DAYS leading up to it! 

After the event, the next day, my husband said, "You looked really nice yesterday in your swimming outfits. They looked great on you." People, he NEVER comments on how I look. I've always liked that because I usually it makes me feel selfconscious, and I appreciate that he loves me for my "inside." Upon hearing his comment, I instantly got tears of joy in my eyes!  This journey has so many joy moments, and this is one I'll hang onto for a long long time. 

Here is a pic. I also had a solid turquoise top on underneath to swim in. 

Capture.JPG.37da10ae7ca9cbf82235b49f1a167584.JPG

Sorry, don't know how to turn the image! Haha!

@Cindy Lou Who What a fantastic photo. You’ve got legs for days and a smile that can’t be beat! I’m happy for you. :)

On 7/22/2018 at 11:10 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

@Cindy Lou Who What a fantastic photo. You’ve got legs for days and a smile that can’t be beat! I’m happy for you. :)

@NerdyToothpick, thank you, Dear One! In junior high I got teased alot about being "thunder thighs" so your leg compliment has me laughing. 

My NSV this week was another trip with clothes to Goodwill. This time they were size 12's that are too big! A year ago I was in 22's and would have killed to fit into 12 jeans. Now the 12's are off for someone else. Un- fricking- real! I'm SO grateful for this tool. 

I'm currently staying with my brother and SIL. Due to a very difficult family health situation (her mother, not my immediate family thankfully), I've been doing all the shopping cooking etc so she can spend this valuable time with her mother when not working. Today I decided to tackle her washing. While hanging her clothes out, I couldn't help but think how huge her clothes are. After a few minutes the realisation hit that the clothes I was hanging out were actually my own hand me downs!!!! I wasn't tempted at all to try any on but it sure was a huge reality check on just how big I was....and these were clothes from just before my surgery when I was already about 100 lbs below my highest weight!!!!

2 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

I'm currently staying with my brother and SIL. Due to a very difficult family health situation (her mother, not my immediate family thankfully), I've been doing all the shopping cooking etc so she can spend this valuable time with her mother when not working. Today I decided to tackle her washing. While hanging her clothes out, I couldn't help but think how huge her clothes are. After a few minutes the realisation hit that the clothes I was hanging out were actually my own hand me downs!!!! I wasn't tempted at all to try any on but it sure was a huge reality check on just how big I was....and these were clothes from just before my surgery when I was already about 100 lbs below my highest weight!!!!

Accidental NSV! 

Good for you for taking care of your family when they need it. That’s very sweet of you. What a wonderful gift for your SIL - cherished time with her mother.

3 weeks of vacation, 2 of which were on a cruise ship with ridiculous amounts of temptation and sinful foods (which BurgundyBoy is ill-equipped to resist). 

Lost 2 lbs. :D

7 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

3 weeks of vacation, 2 of which were on a cruise ship with ridiculous amounts of temptation and sinful foods (which BurgundyBoy is ill-equipped to resist). 

Yes, this is the first time in my life when vacation does not equal weight gain! Just got back from 3 weeks in the US, and zero change. Blows my mind. I always wondered how “regular people” managed to do that...

Today I walked my daughter to school and then rode my bike to work, and I'm planning to ride it across town for a meeting this afternoon. 

This would have been not just unpleasant a year ago, but impossible. A ride that takes me 20 minutes would have taken an hour and would have been MISERABLE. Now it is not a big deal. It's just what I do. It's how I get around now. 

Also hills don't even LOOK as big now. Haha! 

2 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@BurgundyBoy Well done!

I was thinking about your transformation the other day. With all due respect to you and perfect wife, you look smashing IRL. I can’t believe what a difference a year makes, Slim. I’m sure that perfect wife appreciated the arm candy on vacay. :rolleyes:

I hope that’s not out of line. I feel a little bit like a creeper bringing it up but it had to be said. 

On 8/6/2018 at 11:22 PM, Aussie Bear said:

@Aussie Bear What a shock! I bet you nearly fell to the ground when you came to the realization. It must feel good to fold those clothes away for someone else and not for yourself. 

I hope your brother and sister in law are doing well. xo

13 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@BurgundyBoy Well done!

I was thinking about your transformation the other day. With all due respect to you and perfect wife, you look smashing IRL. I can’t believe what a difference a year makes, Slim. I’m sure that perfect wife appreciated the arm candy on vacay. :rolleyes:

I hope that’s not out of line. I feel a little bit like a creeper bringing it up but it had to be said. 

Nah, not creepy, and thank you for the complement. My Perfect Wife does like her accessories, including me, to look ship-shape. 

On 8/6/2018 at 11:22 PM, Aussie Bear said:

This is deja vu .... all over again. What a lovely NSV.

For the last two weeks, I’ve been potty training. K has not made this easy and I’m going crazy. I would normally drown myself in food at times like these. I would use a secret credit card to charge takeout and shove it down my gullet. I would even eat foods I didn’t like just to participate in the act of eating. I justified my choices by ordering from organic/vegetarian/sushi places. Overeating food marketed as healthy is still overeating. 

Last week, my SIL came to town with her twin sister. We went out to dinner and between us we had five children. Three of the kids were under three years old. Katya is not good at sitting down, so she kept trying to leave the restaurant. It didn’t help that her 3 year old cousin kept trying to escape with her. 

My food was sitting in front of me, untouched. My pre WLS attitude would have been to scarf every thing down so I could have something in my belly. I had a moment of Zen when I realized that I couldn’t be part of a child wrangling team, be in the midst of potty training, enjoy my company and eat. I asked for my food to be boxed up and I had a few bites of apps and the kids leftovers. For once I wasn’t focused on the food but rather focused on people. I love my SIL and her twin. I had a great time with them and zero food guilt. Plus, I had three meals worth of food to take home! ;)

I am preparing to move 12 hours south in October and tonight was a company outing at a baseball game. There is a Ferris wheel that I have wanted to ride for years but never would out of fear I would embarrass myself because I was too big. 

I checked it off the list. And the entire thing didn't come crashing down!

Attach45355_20180819_192207.jpg

I got asked today by the elderly gentleman that lives on the corner of my street if I knew what happened to the woman that lived in my house a couple of years ago that was married to the guy he described ( my hubby). LOL you should have seen the reaction when I said that woman was me and I'd lived in the same house for 15 years now!!!! He really had no idea he was talking about me. Just as well he's a real gentleman and hadn't said anything rude.