Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

I’m just going to leave this right here:

0180229F-6B6D-41AF-ADEF-6CF453AB1C55.thumb.jpeg.06e05f7ca9d3e356573d540504123c25.jpeg

Soooooo much walking on my vacation (if anything, I think my Fitbit is registering the mileage a bit low - my hub’s fb said 19 miles...) We’re walking part of the Camino de Santiago de Compostella. Never could have done this a year and a half ago. Two days down, and still more than two more weeks to go - what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right?

11 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

0180229F-6B6D-41AF-ADEF-6CF453AB1C55.thumb.jpeg.06e05f7ca9d3e356573d540504123c25.jpeg

Soooooo much walking on my vacation (if anything, I think my Fitbit is registering the mileage a bit low - my hub’s fb said 19 miles...) We’re walking part of the Camino de Santiago de Compostella. Never could have done this a year and a half ago. Two days down, and still more than two more weeks to go - what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right?

@Jen581791 ARE YOU KIDDING ME? DANG, YOU KICK AZZ!!

On 5/31/2018 at 9:39 AM, Jen581791 said:

That’s more than a half a marathon girl!  

I like silly t-shirts because I am really eight years old. I had a me evening and I went to a store to buy some shirts. I got a few shirts from the kids section. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could do that!

i also bought a pair of shorts that are a six six. Usually, I’m a four (humble brag) but these shorts are high waisted and I carry my weight in the middle. I used to wear a size 20! I swear to the WLS gods that the style of these shorts are called “MOM”.Serves me right for wearing kids t-shirts. :D

image.jpg

Edited by NerdyToothpick

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I like silly t-shirts because I am really eight years old. I had a me evening and I went to a store to buy some shirts. I got a few shirts from the kids section. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could do that!

i also bought a pair of shorts that are a six six. Usually, I’m a four (humble brag) but these shorts are high waisted and I carry my weight in the middle. I used to wear a size 20! I swear to the WLS gods that the style of these shorts are called “MOM”.Serves me right for wearing kids t-shirts. :D

That is too funny - and also super impressive! Dang girl!

@delilas *over the top jaw drop* Is that really you? Your new avatar is simply divine. Your beauty has transformed into glamazon! Congrats on the weight loss and hard work!

21 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@delilas *over the top jaw drop* Is that really you? Your new avatar is simply divine. Your beauty has transformed into glamazon! Congrats on the weight loss and hard work!

It is me :D You're the sweetest :wub:

ok, here's a silly NSV that maybe you ladies can relate to.....

I washed the jeans and folded mine and put them in my husband's drawer!  For years, my jeans were always so much bigger than his.  Now truth be told, I am sure they are still bigger, but they just didn't look so wide when I was folding them and I find that really hard to believe so I just assumed they were his!  It is so nice to see them not be SOOOOO wide and the funny thing is I find myself putting my hands in the back pockets when I wear jeans, just bc they feel so different.  Fat jeans had such huge pockets to cover their huge butt!  I just find new thinner jeans so different and fascinating!  (and I am ready to size down again, which is a shame bc I have a pair of 16s that I LOVE but they are sliding down on me now!)

11 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

ok, here's a silly NSV that maybe you ladies can relate to.....

I washed the jeans and folded mine and put them in my husband's drawer!  For years, my jeans were always so much bigger than his.  Now truth be told, I am sure they are still bigger, but they just didn't look so wide when I was folding them and I find that really hard to believe so I just assumed they were his!  It is so nice to see them not be SOOOOO wide and the funny thing is I find myself putting my hands in the back pockets when I wear jeans, just bc they feel so different.  Fat jeans had such huge pockets to cover their huge butt!  I just find new thinner jeans so different and fascinating!  (and I am ready to size down again, which is a shame bc I have a pair of 16s that I LOVE but they are sliding down on me now!)

Not silly at all!  I hired a young woman (mostly because she needed the money) to help with some household chores and she always puts my plain jeans in my husbands drawer.  Never ever in my life would that have ever happened in my previous size lol.  Sometimes my son comes over and does his laundry at my house and leaves a load in the dryer so she puts his away too.  It is always an adventure finding our clothes :)

@CheeringCJ @msmarymac My husband is 6'3" and 185 lbs. about 40 lbs ago, I put on his jeans and they were too big! Crazy pants!!

On 5/31/2018 at 7:39 AM, Jen581791 said:

AROOOOOOOOOO! This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/2/2018 at 6:01 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

image.jpg

This is awesome! And, MOM jeans/shorts are the rage with the cool kids out here in CA. All the 25 year-old hot chicks at work are wearing them! 

Edited by Stephtay

On 6/2/2018 at 10:00 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

I agree - very pretty!

This is an LOL NSV. I popped into Goodwill because Katya is obsessed with their elevator. :D As I passed the elevator, I saw a pair of cute shorts that were size six. I tried them on and while they fit, they were a wee snug in the waist. I got really sad because I’ve been very bloated after the removal of my IUD. 

I looked at the label again. The shorts were a size 0. Zero. LOLOLOL Not bad for a girl who wore a size 20 on 4/4/17. 

Wow!!!  I’m impressed with the 6, much less the 0!  Well done, my previous fellow size 20 gal!!!  

And really, is a side effect of having an IUD removed losing your vision?!?  Maybe you should get that checked!!!  Hahaha!  Just kidding of course. 

That must be a totally awesome feeling!!!!

1 hour ago, CheeringCJ said:

Wow!!!  I’m impressed with the 6, much less the 0!  Well done, my previous fellow size 20 gal!!!  

And really, is a side effect of having an IUD removed losing your vision?!?  Maybe you should get that checked!!!  Hahaha!  Just kidding of course. 

That must be a totally awesome feeling!!!!

@CheeringCJ LOLOL I have very poor vision and have some vision loss in my left eye. I usually wear reading glasses over my contacts. Shoulda pulled those out!! 

2 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

The shorts were a size 0. Zero.

So surreal! 

You should screenshot your post and dig it out when you’re having feelings of bloat, skinny girl.

@Jen581791 I thought you’d get a kick out of my recent experience. That was a total vanity size but not by much!! 

On 6/6/2018 at 12:01 PM, Stephtay said:

This is awesome! And, MOM jeans/shorts are the rage with the cool kids out here in CA. All the 25 year-old hot chicks at work are wearing them! 

@Stephtay I’m staying true to my CA roots by being on trend and extra cool. B)

On 6/2/2018 at 9:01 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

image.jpg

Omg...shirts from the kids section?! Crazy, my friend!! Woot woot!!

I NEED those mom jeans!! To find a pair of high waisted jeans around here is like finding the holy grail, I swear!! Awesomeness on the size 4's and 6's!!!

On 6/7/2018 at 12:26 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

I looked at the label again. The shorts were a size 0. Zero. LOLOLOL Not bad for a girl who wore a size 20 on 4/4/17. 

Seriously??? You go, girl!!!

On 5/31/2018 at 10:39 AM, Jen581791 said:

Good lord, Jen!!! That's insane!! I can't even fathom doing that much walking...so happy for you! :) 

Hey Y'all, I came to Nashville for work and stayed on a couple of days to check out the town. Last night I went out with some co-workers in their mid-20's. We danced and partied the night away. I wore a short dress and sandals. Pre-op I never wore dresses and certainly not a short one! While I wore sandals pre-op never any without arch support. The bar we were in had A/C but it wasn't doing much as the place was packed with people and the door was wide open all night. My guess is it was in the mid 80's in there? I was a little sweaty when dancing but other than that, I was just fine. Pre-op I would have gone to the bar but I wouldn't have danced - too many people on the dance floor. I would have been wearing long pants and long sleeves. I would have enjoyed the music from my seat while I sat there melting in the heat and humidity. It is moments like these when I realize how different my life is post-op. I love it!

15 minutes ago, Stephtay said:

It is moments like these when I realize how different my life is post-op. I love it!

Yes!!  Life is so very different after you lose a lot of weight in a wonderful (but at times unexpected) way.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:41 PM, Stephtay said:

Hey Y'all, I came to Nashville for work and stayed on a couple of days to check out the town. Last night I went out with some co-workers in their mid-20's. We danced and partied the night away. I wore a short dress and sandals. Pre-op I never wore dresses and certainly not a short one! While I wore sandals pre-op never any without arch support. The bar we were in had A/C but it wasn't doing much as the place was packed with people and the door was wide open all night. My guess is it was in the mid 80's in there? I was a little sweaty when dancing but other than that, I was just fine. Pre-op I would have gone to the bar but I wouldn't have danced - too many people on the dance floor. I would have been wearing long pants and long sleeves. I would have enjoyed the music from my seat while I sat there melting in the heat and humidity. It is moments like these when I realize how different my life is post-op. I love it!

I had a very similar experience this weekend, only in Austin, and was thinking the same thing!  I was always the person who stayed in the corner embarrassed because I took up so much space.  Or I got really drunk so that I didn't care that I took up so much space.  So liberating to be able to just enjoy life and dance :)