Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

On 3/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

Pre surgery jeans: Size 20

Current Jeans: Size 4

*takes a bow*

110BD690-E67D-463B-8BBE-01AF7D33289E.jpeg

That’s just amazing, @NerdyToothpick!!! It really brings home just how small you’ve become ❤️ Don’t ever throw those pants out :) I’m so excited for you!!

Here's a different one. Winter is fast approaching in the southern hemisphere and I froze last year, so decided I'd take up knitting again and make a really warm jumper. So few stitches now they even fit in shorter needles....this is going so quickly....two days and the front is already finished. Mind you I've been vegging on the couch watching the Commonwealth games all weekend!!!!

3 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Here's a different one. Winter is fast approaching in the southern hemisphere and I froze last year, so decided I'd take up knitting again and make a really warm jumper. So few stitches now they even fit in shorter needles....this is going so quickly....two days and the front is already finished. Mind you I've been vegging on the couch watching the Commonwealth games all weekend!!!!

Pictures! We want pictures!

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Disbeliever!!!! It's actually very thick and chunky, even though it doesn't actually appear that way in the photo.

.DSC_0133.thumb.JPG.5607cb4fe0c76f01515f2c8f7fb92a13.JPG

11 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Disbeliever!!!! It's actually very thick and chunky, even though it doesn't actually appear that way in the photo.

Nice, @Aussie Bear!!! 

I bought my first pair of sneakers since 2006 :) Prior to buying my boots last year, I had not worn real shoes since 2006. My boots are a size 10W, and the sneakers are a 9.5M :D

I used to live in Crocs, because my feet were too fat to be comfortable in any type of closed shoe. 

11 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Well, yes, "Trust but verify." 

Aussie this looks like it will keep you very warm, the way it must trap warm air!

... and might that be a set of Feet in the bottom of your photo? A fixed-up, surgerized, and all-better Feet?

26 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I bought my first pair of sneakers since 2006 :) Prior to buying my boots last year, I had not worn real shoes since 2006. My boots are a size 10W, and the sneakers are a 9.5M :D

I used to live in Crocs, because my feet were too fat to be comfortable in any type of closed shoe. 

2 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Hahaha...of my shoes? Lol ok, here they are :) 

EAA93151-9DDC-4866-8BC9-ECC73E8AE032.jpeg

Just now, Nana Trish said:

Hahaha...of my shoes? Lol ok, here they are :) 

EAA93151-9DDC-4866-8BC9-ECC73E8AE032.jpeg

Trish, those are mighty slim ankles you have there! ;)

Why thank you @BurgundyBoy!! That we agree on, lol. My ankles and calves are pretty tiny :) Luckily I don’t have any loose skin on those areas 

Edited by Nana Trish

12 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

I wish I could Knit! I once took a class but I’m afraid my ADD got in the way. That’s a pretty cool looking project you have going on. I can’t wait to see the end result. I wish you could send me one today because it is chilly!

14 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Disbeliever!!!! 

Bahahaha!! ^^^ That made me lol!!!

6 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I wish I could Knit! I once took a class but I’m afraid my ADD got in the way. That’s a pretty cool looking project you have going on. I can’t wait to see the end result. I wish you could send me one today because it is chilly!

I haven't knitted a jumper in about 20 years Toothpick. Too many stitches and too much time involved to make something that you won't know what it will look like on until you finish. For those that know their wool though, this is a very chunky ply....at least 14 ply.....so not many stitches at all. Started it last year after winter, decided to pull it apart (i really had only done band) and make a smaller size.

I did buy a second hand knitting machine at start of summer so I could knit up some nice pure wool jumpers (can't seem to buy them anymore here - ridiculous given our world renowned wool industry), but have yet to set it up and learn how to use it. Was too hot over summer, and this wool I'd had for a few years was too thick for the machine anyway.

On 3/9/2018 at 6:12 PM, Nana Trish said:

The one good thing about New York drivers licenses? They don’t list our weight, lol. I just renewed mine last February, but I wanted the new picture on it so I paid the fee to get a new license printed up :) 

They don't list your weight?? That would be amazing.  I wouldn't have to worry about lying anymore.  LOL

1 hour ago, Brattykid said:

They don't list your weight?? That would be amazing.  I wouldn't have to worry about lying anymore.  LOL

Nope, they don’t list out weight, lol. As far back as I can remember, they haven’t. Which is strange, because I was under the impression that most states did. It’s one of the few things that New York actually does right :D

Edited by Nana Trish

I took a very easy hike this weekend. Hike is an overstatement because the path was ridiculously easy. I had avoided this trail for years because it was too strenuous. 

giphy.gif

53 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I took a very easy hike this weekend. Hike is an overstatement because the path was ridiculously easy. I had avoided this trail for years because it was too strenuous. 

giphy.gif

Amazing how that happens - it's way way easier to pull yourself up mountains when your backpack is 90 pounds lighter, in your case!! :lol: I'm constantly surprised at how easy hiking is now. Like, "Oh, this is why thin people think it's fun!"