AU_Chick

Horrible Rash Under Boobs

For the past month or so, I have been dealing with a horrible rash under my boobs. It comes and goes and it's VERY painful. The rash is where my boobs touch my abdomen without a bra--in the crease. Powder and cortisone tend to clear it up. Anybody else had this? If I take pics would my insurance pay for a breast lift? My boobs are getting smaller, but they are SO droopy. :(

It sounds like a yeast infection. I had it under my breasts during pregnancy and it stayed raw, itchy, and painful. It took months to heal up. My doctor gave me nystatin cream and powder and diflucan pills. I would definitely take pics and let your doctor document it. Hope it gets better soon:-)

Thank you! Will do!!! Once I put powder on it--it clears up. But just comes right back. It hurts!!!!

I've had that, too, for years! I keep it cleared up with some powder I can't think of the name of. I'll check when I get home!

Great! Thank you!!!! It hurts to wear a regular bra, so sports bra it is! ;)

If you can, take pics AND go to the doc EACH AND EVERY time it comes back! That will establish a medical need for the fabulous boob job you will need to have paid for later;)

Yes ma'am!!!! :)

Definitely see the doctor and get it in your records! Good luck!

I am going Monday to my PCP! Thanks friends!!

Gotcha!!! Thank you!

Ooohhh...i see a boob job in your future :). Definitely document and take pics with dates. I'm jealous you may get it covered by insurance :).

Have your doctor document the rash every single time. It will help when you decide to get your breasteses done. ;) Lotramin Ultra is great for yeast infections. My baby got it prescribed by the Pediatrician for her diaper rash. Cleared up in less than 48 hrs.

Wonderful! Thanks!!!!

Have your doctor document the rash every single time. It will help when you decide to get your breasteses done. ;) Lotramin Ultra is great for yeast infections. My baby got it prescribed by the Pediatrician for her diaper rash. Cleared up in less than 48 hrs.

This reminded me of something else. When my daughter was about 18 months she had terrible diaper rash, like so bad it was almost like a burn. Anyway, pediatrician had us use A&D ointment BUT each time we changed her dr had me blow dry her tush to make sure it was completely dry before applying ointment. This made a huge difference in healing.

Feel better Ali!

Good idea!!! I will do that after my shower & before I apply the ointment!!! Blow drying under my boobs will be fun! Ha!!! :)

Ask your husband to help ;)

He has been applying my cream & powder already! He hasn't objected once! ;) I tried to do the powder on my own and it looked like it snowed in the bathroom! Ha!

I brought it to the attention of my PCP and he gave my diflucan oral to take and said to try Zeasorb powder and it semi-cleared up.  I then told my PA at the clinic and he prescribed a nystatin/triamcinolone ointment (Mycolog II) and it has done wonders!  I put it on every night and after a shower.  It completely cleared it up and keeps it away.  I have to put it under my breasts and under my pannus.  I also found that I have to put it on the skin folds over my right hip as well.  It started creeping up there.  I prefer the ointment because it's thick and stays around for the whole day.  Creams are not thick enough and tend to rub into the skin and you have to re apply more often.

This reminded me of something else. When my daughter was about 18 months she had terrible diaper rash, like so bad it was almost like a burn. Anyway, pediatrician had us use A&D ointment BUT each time we changed her dr had me blow dry her tush to make sure it was completely dry before applying ointment. This made a huge difference in healing.

Feel better Ali!

Aww, poor baby girl. I hate when they are so little there is not much we can do but pray for the best and for the treatment to work.

Hehe Good idea! I just let her tushy air dry each time for about 5 min.

Aww, poor baby girl. I hate when they are so little there is not much we can do but pray for the best and for the treatment to work.

Hehe Good idea! I just let her tushy air dry each time for about 5 min.

It was actually heart breaking! I don't even know how it got that bad.

Drying it fully made such a difference.

Edited by GAviv

Sounds like you need steroid creams to knock down a serious fungal infection. If you are using a corn starch based powder, you are actually feeding it. Time to see your doctor and get some serious meds.

Document it with your doc. The best solution I've found is pure cornstarch. Towel dry really well after showering, let things air dry and then rub some on - it's cheap and really works wonders.

Documenting it though is going to be key - especially for reconstruction. I was prescribed yeast meds - oral and creams - it was sooooo bad. I couldn't help but itch it. The meds would help - but never cleared it completely.

Good luck!

If you can, take pics AND go to the doc EACH AND EVERY time it comes back! That will establish a medical need for the fabulous boob job you will need to have paid for later;)

This is exactly what I'm planning to do.....although my Primary is more of a friend than a doctor and it'll be a little embarassing....I don't care, business is business!!

I used Desenex foot powder! It works! Then my Dr prescribed some really expensive powder! Documenting, too to hopefully have skin surgery covered!