RckrVxn

WOW

VSG mission complete lol was discharged 14 hours after surgery (passed the barium swallow, drank the water shots, ate 2 popsicles and sipped on diluted apple juice.

Had my first bowel this morning, and another one a couple hours later. I am cleared for full fluid diet now YAY!

AND!!! I've dropped 4.5 lbs since the night before surgery :-)

Well aren't you the little rock star!  Way to go!

LOL thanks. Aside from an IV incident all went smoothly.

Basically my IV was on my upper left arm for most of my time at the hospital. Everything was great til I was asked to get up and try to pee the first time. Then we (I noticed it first) saw my left arm was so swollen i couldn't put it all the way down, you couldn't see my elbow or wrist it was awful.

So they switched to my right forearm, and that was better. Took until a couple hours of getting home for my arm to get down a near-normal look and feel. I have surface water blisters around that IV area though, and the vein they used has disappeared. 

So one of the more "I'd rather not repeat that again tyvm" events in my life :-P

Oh my goodness. That sounds awful. Glad everything went smoothly, otherwise!

Good for you!

Oh my goodness. That sounds awful. Glad everything went smoothly, otherwise!

Yeah I still have slight swelling where the IV was, and the surface water blisters (I refuse to pop and drain them myself) but all remaining bandages-sans my sutures-are off and I was able to get a few shot glasses of Ensure Protein down today so yay me! Only made it 225 cals but I think I'm ok :) Sippin my diluted G2/Water everytime I can.

Yeah I still have slight swelling where the IV was, and the surface water blisters (I refuse to pop and drain them myself) but all remaining bandages-sans my sutures-are off and I was able to get a few shot glasses of Ensure Protein down today so yay me! Only made it 225 cals but I think I'm ok :) Sippin my diluted G2/Water everytime I can.

Make sure you stay hydrated and your protein/cals will increase as time progresses! When I had gallbladder surgery my annoying nurse popped a vein trying to restart my IV. The bruise lasted a month and I was embarrassed in public. People looked at me like I was being abused. :/ She was NOT my fav nurse!!

Yep. First thing I do is hydration. I slip in a tiny bit of sugar free hot cocoa with protein powder or a few shot glasses of ensure here and there. I LOVE my popsicles lol and I am stocked up on G2 and Powerade Zero.