SleepJen

Dec 23rd :)

Hey guys! Figured I would pop in to meet everyone with a Dec surgery. I'm excited and of course nervous. I start my liquid diet on Monday. I have oodles of protein powder samples, too bad they weren't free! Lol Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Welcome Jen!  I'm on day 6 of my pre-op Opti-fast diet.

I'm not nervous at all - I wish it was today.

Welcome Jen!

23 December!  What a wonderful Christmas present to yourself.  Probably won't seem that for a few days but that'll change. 

Don't forget to take some before photographs:  http://www.fitwatch.com/weight-loss/how-to-take-before-and-after-photos-for-weight-loss-618.html

Hello Everyone,

I'm having Band to Sleeve Revision on Monday December 23, 2013. The Band helped me lose 60 lbs but I started experiencing a ton of issues after a tiny unfill during my twin pregnancy. A day after unfill I lost my 3 month twin pregnancy. I gained 20 lbs. which I kept. A few months later, on my birthday I learned we were expecting again. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy and gained an additional 33 lbs. I lost about 45 lbs but after being home with my son for a year I gained it all back with slider foods because my band would not tolerate healthy foods, protein, vegetables or fruit. I ate cream of wheat, yogurt, mashed potatoes etc. After violent episodes of vomiting, port pain and overall misery I decided the band had to go. I will be having revision band to sleeve on Monday 12/23/13. I just want to say hello and learn about others experiences.

I'm December 23 too!  Good luck to those having surgery tomorrow!

Thanks CTgirl! Let's do it to it! I'm sending out positive energy to all our fellow Christmas surgery pals!

Good luck to you guys tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you all and sending positive vibes your way!!!

Well I've made it to the other side. Feeling pretty good and might get to leave today. Can't wait to have this catheter out!

Too awesome CTgirl! I'm feeling OK. I Have some nausea and dizziness but I'll take over other things for sure. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they cut you lose today. Take care hun!

Hope you feel better soon!

Hello everyone. Surgery went well. Not to much pain but I'm feeling tired. How is everyone feeling? Eating? Or up to?

I am drinking Powerade Zero & Sobe Zero. Chicken broth and sugar free Popsicles and water. Day Three

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm still sore but doing well other wise. I've been drinking my protein, eating soup and pudding. I'm not coming close to the 60-70 grams of protein my surgeon wants me to intake.

Doing well.  The only thing bothering me is the gas bubble under my rib cage.  That will go away soon.  No pain from the incisions or anything.  I'm drinking lots of water, Nectar (hate the 40g Isopure so I ditched it), broth, and popsicles.  Can't believe it's been almost a week and I get to add milk, yogurt, and protein shakes next week. :)  I'm supposed to get a minimum of 40g/day protein this week and I'm getting about 50g.  It's upped to 60g/day next week.