andrea464

Christmas

I had another "Oh crap!" moment today. Oh crap, I have to do all of my Christmas shopping/wrapping/stuff/cleaning before the 18th!!! That's only TWO WEEKS. Ohhhhh crap. Crap. Oh man. LOL

My Mom will probably come for the surgery and stay through Christmas, with my Dad probably coming down for Christmas as well. I have a 7 (almost 8) year old daughter who still gets visits from Santa, so I need to make sure all is well and ready for that.

I usually cook a turkey for Christmas Eve- I can still do that but I guess DH will need to help me with lifting it and stuff.

I need to do a serious deep cleaning of the house!

This time of year can be hectic without surgery. So I guess you are going to have to be very organized and you are lucky to have help and support! Try to allow some time to enjoy yourself, too!

Good luck! Just because it's the holidays, don't put too much pressure on yourself. You're just going to stress yourself sick and end up with a difficult recovery.

Breathe and treat it like any other day. House doesn't need to be squeaky clean, food doesn't have to fall out of the fridge or pantry. Put together a simple but functional schedule for while you are gone and trust your family to take care of themselves. Easier said than done but you need to take care of yourself as well so you can go back taking care of your family.

Sending you prayers for a smooth journey!

You don't HAVE to clean anything - - nobody is coming to see your house. :P