Jolls

Avocado Choc Chip Cookes

No butter, no oil, no egg.  These are amazing!!!  I have made two batches now to share with people and no one is ever the wiser. 

1 medium sized avocado, very ripe
1/2 a cup of Sucanat (I've used Splenda once and Stevia the other time)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup of dark chocolate chips (I only do 1/2 c and then chop them)

Method:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Remove skin and seed from avocado and break into chunks into a large mixing bowl.  Use a whisk to completely mash up the avocado and then whisk it around until it’s as smooth as you can get it – use those muscles!  (Or, you could do it the easy way and blend it in a blender/food processor, but let’s be honest, in my mind that’s just one more thing I have to wash…).  After it’s very smooth, mix in the sucanat (or sugar) until that’s well mixed.
3.  Add in the vanilla, vinegar, baking soda, cocoa powder, and cinnamon and stir to combine.
4.  Add in the flour a bit at a time, mixing after each addition to get it all incorporated nicely.
5. Mix in those chocolate chips. (Side note, if you like your chocolate more evenly distributed, you can dice up the chips into slivers.)
6.  Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, and scoop out the dough a tablespoon at a time and place on the cookie sheet.  After you have all your cookies on the sheets, I found the best thing to do was to spray my clean hands with non-stick spray and use my fingers to gently push down and shape the cookies, as they will not spread when baking.

7.  Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes.  Let them cool for a few minutes, and then enjoy them!  This recipe makes about 24 cookies.

Now she says to use a Tablespoon to scoop them out but I apparently do them big because I only get like 10 out of a batch (pictured is a double batch).  For my apparently bigger cookies (and using splenda and 1/2 the choc chips) here is my nutritional value:

84 cal  4 fat  3 prot  13 carb  5 sugar

Next time I make these I'm going to try using Soy Flour instead to lower the carbs and add more protein to it.  And will also add choc. protein powder.

post-31510-0-59175300-1384727458_thumb.j

Edited by cinwa

Sounds really interesting!  I will definitely have to try these - thanks for sharing...

Thank you Jolls for sharing this recipe.  I'm definitely going to make some of these to share with my grandbabies.

Did a bit more experimenting with this and used 1/2 cup Soy Flour (and 1/4 whole wheat), added 1 scoop Syntrac Choc prot powder and I used Kraft caramel bites instead of chocolate chips. (it was 20 less calories a serving the choc chips were).   They turn out the same and taste just as good using the soy flour instead of all wholewheat.  I was a bit scared to use all 3/4 c of soy because, if you have ever had it, you know it has quite an off-putting taste but there is enough chocolate in this you don't even noticed once they are baked  (if you lick the raw batter you can really tell, but the finished cookie does not taste like that).  While the caramels knocked off a few calories over all, the choc chips are much better in this.  The choc chips really add to it, I suggest keeping them in there.  Anyway, I really wanted to try the soy flour cause I knew it would knock the carbs down...and it did.

Recipe as posted:  84 cal  4 fat  3 prot  13 carb  5 sugar

New changes:        73 cal  3 fat  4 prot  9 carb   3 sugar

No prot pwder:       63 cal   3 fat  2 prot  9 carb  3 sugar

I know it's not many, but with such a drastic change in perspective about what I can actually eat, it also looks like a lifetime supply.

Have you tried almond flour?

No I haven't and the only reason is because it had 30 more calories then the Soy flour lol.  If Soy flour works, I don't see why that wouldn't though.

I haven't made these just for myself yet -  the first time I ended up bringing most to the support group for samples and this last double batch I did was for Thanksgiving gathering.  I only have about 8 for personal consumption :P

Is the nutitional info. based on the 24 cookies or 10? Trying these now and couldn't get the 24 either, maybe 14.

Is the nutitional info. based on the 24 cookies or 10? Trying these now and couldn't get the 24 either, maybe 14.

I ....I don't remember anymore lol.  I think I did it for 12 actually.  I am also getting better at scooping them and get 14-16 now.  They still should be between 70-75 cal a piece though figuring between 10-15.

Thank you. Tried them and they will definitely do for a sweet fix.

I think if they are good, I wouldn't have discipline. boooo Christmas really kicked in my sugar cravings:(

These have no sugar though!  If you use splenda or something....   And you can make these without chocolate chips too, which I have done.  They are not as good though, I don't feel.  Choc chips really is what makes them in my opinion.

I wrap mine in little pouches of two and put them in the freezer and then take a pack out here and there.  If I just kept them all out sitting in a container - my discipline would be in the toilet too.

My first thought was Oh I'd love to try baking these! Then I got nervous if they turned out yummy I wouldn't have any self control, but I really like the idea of freezing them in packs of two because then deciding to eat them has to be planned out!! Thanks Jolls =)