Mrs_Mifsud

Semi-New Member. Need some friends. I'm in Georgia.

Hello to everyone. I started a profile last October and haven't been on since because the place where I wanted to have my bariatric surgery stopped taking my insurance and now I found a new place called Peachtree Bariatrics in Atlanta, Ga. I'd really like to get to know some people who are in the same place as I am or people who have already had surgery. I'm thinking of the Gastric Bypass or the Gastric Sleeve, the Lap Band kinda scares me. My consultation for bariatric sugery is December 11th.  I'm really scared and excited at the same time.

post-28858-0-51907300-1384516693_thumb.j

Welcome! You are on your way. TT is a great place for information and support.

Please take the LAP BAND off your possibles list.   Speaking from experience,  it's a problem.   Bypass or Sleeve are both very good options.

Welcome back to the TT forum.  It's great you've been able to find a doctor/hospital that will accept your insurance. 

As far as choosing between procedures, your own personal circumstances will likely dictate which would be best for you.  Check to see if your doctor has a recommendation.  Failing that, please read through the old threads in the Gastric Bypass section as well as the Vertical Sleeve threads.  You'll get a fairly good feel for the successes others have had as well as some of their challenges.  Remember, please, that ultimately it will be your choice.

All the very best wishes as you re-begin your journey.  Please stop by often and share your experiences.  :)

Im from Rome, GA! Welcome :)

Thanks to all who replied to this post! I am looking for people to talk to who are going through the beginning of WLS like me and those who have already had it to help me prepare and know what kind of questions to ask the doctor.

Welcome back!

Hi. We have the same Dr.

How have you come along with your roadmap? I had surgery 2/5/14.

Good luck!