Daisymae

Did your brain space out/shut down in weeks before surgery?

I have spent two years trying to get insurance approval. Monday I go back for my second round of testing. If all is well they can schedule me for two weeks out.

I feel like I'm a total space cadet. It's almost like when I was pregnant, like I just can't concentrate, I'm not really thinking about anything. My brain just feels spacey.

I am very forgetful and making a lot of dumb mistakes at work too.

You're preoccupied and stressed.  Ease up and just focus on what really needs to get done and set the rest aside.  I promise you, it will all be there when you get back on track!

I was the same way!  My co-workers made jokes that I had "short-timers" brain because I was going to be out for 3 weeks so I had already left mentally!

The week before was the worse!  Not only had I been on all liquid for over a week, I was so pre-occupied with the whole thing that I couldn't concentrate (made teaching a challenge)!

Sonya

I'm also afraid that the tests aren't going to be ok, that my approval will get messed up, that my boss will be mad, and I still have to tell my mom and my daughter who is 8!!' And right before Xmas!!!

Aaaaghhhhhhhh

I understand!  It'll be ok, right up until the time they wheeled me in I kept thinking something is about to happen to cancel the surgery!! 

Sonya

I glad to know that I am not alone! I am having a hard time concentrating on school work and I am worried that something will delay my surgery aka I am too anemic for it or that it will get canceled! Tuesday cannot get here fast enough.

I didn't experience that anymore than usual, but then again, I'm a stay at home mom right now, so that's typical on a daily basis for me...:). Also wanted to say, nice doctor you got there! :)

Not before surgery but after. I am such an airhead sometimes and it happens completely involuntary. It's like all my brain cells went on a prolonged vacation to Mars.

They say it gets better with time. I hope so because it's very unlike me to be forgetful and lost in space.

Grrr. Hit the wrong button and deleted my whole post.  Anyway!

I understand what you are talking about. Normally, I am a little overbearing, but l think I have been disinterested and hands-off lately. My kids really need me to be on my game right now. The semester is almost over.  Also, this is my last year to teach, I want my kids ready for the work force or senior year.  (I teach junior and senior students with disabilities.)  I will not have these kids next semester.  I need to finish strong. 

yeah I've noticed I'm extremely flaky after surgergy......

Hi there

Whereas it is easier said than done, you need to focus on the things you have control over.  If you have gathered the correct and sufficient information for your insurance company, approval will come.  If they are requiring something more, you can bet they will let you know.  In the meantime, though, fretting about it only adds to your stress level which contributes to the "foggy brain" issue you're dealing with.  Maybe try some meditation or deep breathing to settle yourself down...

Very best of luck to you!!  :)

I have spent two years trying to get insurance approval. Monday I go back for my second round of testing. If all is well they can schedule me for two weeks out.

I feel like I'm a total space cadet. It's almost like when I was pregnant, like I just can't concentrate, I'm not really thinking about anything. My brain just feels spacey.

I am very forgetful and making a lot of dumb mistakes at work too.

I am the same way.  Glad to hear this happens to others.  My surgery is next Thursday and I feel as though my brain has been on vacation the last few weeks!

I was fine before surgery but after I too had some cloudy bouts.  part of it was my blood presure was a bit low but the other I am not sure, just my body exhausted or something.  but it all cleared up.  at least I THINK it did.. LOL

Kbrownmod,

My surgery is next Thursday also!

Its coming and going. I'm glad to know its not just me. I'm not telling anyone at work so I can't just explain away all my dumb mistakes!

I'm going to tell them I'm having my gall bladder out.

I had my second round of pre op testing today (last one was a year ago and then I got denied). I feel a lot more at ease about it all this time. Last time I was embarrassed, I was anxious, and now I'm just ready.