stakeda

Stacie's Journal (stakeda)

Thanks. I'm actually having a pretty easy pregnancy. On of my employees who spends a lot of time with me told me Friday that she feels that I should just stay pregnant all of the time because I seem to do it so well. Yeah right!:eek: That's not gunna happen. But, Gerry is already campaigning for another one as soon as we can because he wants to try for a boy, of course! :rolleyes: I'm not sure yet. Maybe he'll change his mind after he has to get up a hundred times per night! HEHE

So, you and Chad just need to go for it. Well, you're really young though, right? You have lots of time.

Let me know if you guys want to come to the baby shower. We'd love to see you. It's been a long time. But, don't feel obligated.

My "baby bump" is slowly graduating into a huge beach ball! You'll see this morning when you come over.

But, I am blessed. Gerry thinks I am BEAUTIFUL. I mean, he can't keep his hands off of me! Don't get me wrong......I'm thankful that he doesn't think I'm a big heffer, but good Lord! Back off buddy!;)

Wow! What a whirlwind of a journey! :eek:

I was alone.....................I was obese.....................I was bitter........................

And suddenly....................................

I made a decision that would change my life forever!

My dream of becoming a MOM again, with the RIGHT man is coming true.

My weight loss was acceptable. I had to go through many hours of therapy. I have to say though..............................Well Worth It! And, even though it's hard to find a good therapist, we found the best one ever!

Our baby is due soon. We're busy getting ready for her though. Gerry has been fabulous! We are washing clothes, organizing, purging, etc.

On top of it all, Gerry is making sure that we are all decorated for Christmas. He picked up a beautiful tree and brought it home. We are going to decorate and be ready for Adam to come home from college.

Amanda just got accepted to a 4 year university. We are SOOOOOOOOOOOO Proud!

Our shower was BEAUTIFUL! :D Our guests were so wonderful and I hope they had all kinds of fun. :cool:

Thanks to Jeanie & Pam for being so wonderful! We love you!

And Kim & Mark (cute couple), Bridget, Tracie, etc. for showing up. I'm sorry we didn't have enough time to mingle with you all, we tried...........we really did.........but both of us feel guilty for not being able to plop ourselves down and hang out with you.

Anyway............life is good. The baby is due soon and she's going to be a BIG HEFFER for sure! She's rapidly gaining weight, even though I haven't gained but 7 lbs. :eek: We will post pics when she is born.

Love to all!

I love you both right back! It was a pleasure and an honor to be able to help with your shower. I can't wait til baby Jordan makes her entrance!!

It was a great shower. Lot's of work but well worth it. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. I know that we did. I can't wait to see little Jordan I just know that she will be beautiful (like her Mom)!:D

I am so bummed that we missed your shower. I was very sick and I didn't even want to get near anyone. This past month has been very bad for me. I hope that the shower was a blast. Stacie and Gerry, you so deserve all the best. You both will have the cutest baby.

No baby yet. Waiting impatiently.

Gerry's at the playoff game checking on me. Everything is okay.

I was there with him, and what do you think the topic was.................yep the baby! :) I can't wait to see her, of course not until she is ready!

Stacie just ONE more day then you get to rest when you feel like resting and take a nap when you fall alseep on the couch...hehehe....while everyone else is busting their butts at work, I can't wait until I get to do that. Although I did get to sleep 6 straight hours last night and did not get up to go to the bathroom one time thanks to Tylonal PM Doc said that was ok to take just not all the time. Ahhh sleep was sooo nice!!!:D

After much anticipation, Stacie and I are the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl:

:D Jordyn Carmela born 01/26/08 @ 9:29pm 7lbs even and 19 in long. :D

For some pictures please visit her web page we created for her last month at http://www.jordyncarmela.com

She was two days early and waited just until her grampa was leaving the baggage claim at the airport when Stacie's water broke as we walked out of the airport.

We are all doing fine but really tired so there will be more posts later this week.

We want to give special thanks to Dr. Callery :D as we would have never met each other if not for his practice!

CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful family. Enjoy every minute of her life. What a precious gift you've received.

Ohhh, Stacie and Gerry,

I visited Jordyn's website, and what a beautiful baby! Really! The love you two have for each other and the new life in your arms shows in the pictures, and is so deep and reverent, I feel like an intruder. Congratulations on such a wonderful gift!

Congrats to the new parents! I am so happy for you! I will be following in your foot steps soon!

OMGosh! Your baby avitar is so cute. ;)

Jordyn is so beautiful. We are having so much fun with her. Her Daddy has been amazing! He is a natural!

Although I loved being a mother the "first go round", I believe I appreciate it more this time. I'm older and wiser this time. I appreciate "different" things today as compared to when I was only 19 years young.

I'm sure you will be an amazing parent. Boy oh boy, pregnancy is in the air. :D

OMGosh! Your baby avitar is so cute. ;)

Jordyn is so beautiful. We are having so much fun with her. Her Daddy has been amazing! He is a natural!

Although I loved being a mother the "first go round", I believe I appreciate it more this time. I'm older and wiser this time. I appreciate "different" things today as compared to when I was only 19 years young.

I'm sure you will be an amazing parent. Boy oh boy, pregnancy is in the air. :D

I have to agree with you. I had my first at 19 years old and 10 months later had another....and then waited 8 years and had another. It is a big difference not only in mind, but on the body.

Jordyn is a beauty.

OK, I'm getting really frustrated. I have been trying to access the website for a couple of days....when it loads, I can read what is on it and then it disappears like 5 seconds later. Is it just my computer???? I want to see pictures! wahhhh!

OK, I'm getting really frustrated. I have been trying to access the website for a couple of days....when it loads, I can read what is on it and then it disappears like 5 seconds later. Is it just my computer???? I want to see pictures! wahhhh!

It must be your computer.

How are you Tracie? I sure miss the old days when we all sat at the post-op meetings.

It must be your computer.

How are you Tracie? I sure miss the old days when we all sat at the post-op meetings.

It is my computer. I pulled up the site on DH's and got to see the beautiful baby! YAY!

I miss you, too, Dale. It really has been way too long. I just know that you have been thru (and keep going thru) the wringer. I feel so badly for you. One of these days we should try the meeting up for coffee thing again...I always look for you at group and never see you anymore:( I just want you to get better.

I am doing ok. Just tired. I have about 7 weeks or so left in this pregnancy. Crazy. Part of me is ready to have the baby...and another part thinks he needs to never come out! I'm not ready to deal with a newborn again!

Tracie,

The 'missing Dale' part of your issues could be helped if Dale would come to our support group on the 19th. (Please Dale? You're ever so welcome!) Or if you wanted to go up to Rain's on Feb 12 for the NC group, as they are having a speaker, that could be arranged as well. Maybe Dale would come to Rain's, giving you a chance to visit together.

As for the part about being due in 7 (short!!) weeks, when was the last time you did anything for yourself? I wish I could give you a mani/pedi or something just as pamperish (;))? Is there anything at all I could do for you? Anything at all? Dinner delivered, foot rubbies, watching Daniel over here while the big boys are at school while you do stuff without a young'un velcroed to you.....ANYTHING?

Give me a call, Tracie, we only live like 5 stop lights apart, and I would gladly do something to help you.

Hey Sweetie,

I work til 5 on Tuesdays. My problem is I am just so dead when I get home, the thought of driving all the way north is scary. I keep saying I will get there one day. Maybe if there is carpooling involved?

Thanks for the offer to help me out. It is truly more than kind of you, considering all that you have on your plate right now. I will let you know if I get in a bind. I am just so used to the craziness:) With 3, soon to be 4, BOYS, that is just my life....LOL.

Tracie,

The 'missing Dale' part of your issues could be helped if Dale would come to our support group on the 19th. (Please Dale? You're ever so welcome!) Or if you wanted to go up to Rain's on Feb 12 for the NC group, as they are having a speaker, that could be arranged as well. Maybe Dale would come to Rain's, giving you a chance to visit together.

As for the part about being due in 7 (short!!) weeks, when was the last time you did anything for yourself? I wish I could give you a mani/pedi or something just as pamperish (;))? Is there anything at all I could do for you? Anything at all? Dinner delivered, foot rubbies, watching Daniel over here while the big boys are at school while you do stuff without a young'un velcroed to you.....ANYTHING?

Give me a call, Tracie, we only live like 5 stop lights apart, and I would gladly do something to help you.

I may be able to go to Rain's. My problem is I work 10 hours per day plus...5 days a week. I usually try to come home to the kids, so they know who their Mom is...and let Tino know that he still has a wife.

At one time Rene' (Hunnyblond) and I talked about carpooling. I'm betting she would be just fine to include you, and if not, I will drive and the two of you can come with me! ;) We can make this work if that is what you want to do. :o

As far as not wanting to bother us, yes, our plate is full. But it's full of cooked spinach, acorn squash, liver, all the things we want nothing to do with. So playing with Daniel over here with kitties and a very tolerant doggie would be a diversion from the obsessing of money and health issues. I'll say it again, give us a call. Appreciate the (relative) calm before the storm, hun. Do y'all have zoo passes? Maybe I could take Daniel on a field trip to the zoo. Michelle can't walk, and I'm not much better, but if he will sit in a stroller, we could maybe take an abbreviated tour of The World Famous, etc etc... Or take kids to the dog beach/dog park with Roamy. We could work something out that would give you a sorely needed break that won't kill us. We're smart women, let's put something together. :confused: