Cali2AK

December....Anyone?

Well funny thing, I didnt think i was going to get insurance approval, In fact I kind of figured it was not going to happen since my sugery date had already been planned for 12/17...............then today i get a call and its approved. i am having surgery next tuesday.............if i dont chicken out now that i had figured it was not going to happen. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh exiciting, nervous, anxious,,,,,,,did i say nervous and scared?

Well funny thing, I didnt think i was going to get insurance approval, In fact I kind of figured it was not going to happen since my sugery date had already been planned for 12/17...............then today i get a call and its approved. i am having surgery next tuesday.............if i dont chicken out now that i had figured it was not going to happen. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh exiciting, nervous, anxious,,,,,,,did i say nervous and scared?

WOWSERS!!!  That certainly limits the time you get to worry about it - LOL!  

We're having surgery the same day!

I'm on day 5 of my pre op diet and I'm doing ok. I am so so so happy my nutritionist said I could have fruit. Such a life saver! It keeps me sane. I had a baked potato with fresh salsa last night. That made a huge difference in how I felt the rest of the night. I totally forgot that potatoes are fat free until I saw it in a food magazine (hint: do not read one of these when on nearly all liquid diet).

2 more days!!! not nervous anymore super excited!!

have to clear one more hurdle. saw my surgeon yesterday. I have a cold (viral infection) and an intestinal viral infection so he wants my GP to see me on monday to make sure she is ok with me having surgery on tuesday and that i am not still having issues with diaria. Well keep your fingers crossed. it would suck to come all this way just to get turned back......................

I had my surgery on the 4th and have done pretty good.  I did not have any nausea or throwing up at all.  I did have spasms in my esphagus that radiated to my left side. I had 2 cat scans and had to drink all of this crap!  It was torture too!  They found nothing wrong with me. These s[asms were very painful!  I lost 8lbs. when I went to the dr. on the 12th.  I am doing ok on my fluids and protein,  It is hard to get all the water in and I usually don't!  I am trying to get more everyday though!  I had very little incision pain and did not use my liquid  meds but 2x.  I hope that everyone is doing good after their surgery.  I do not have a scale so do not know how I am doing on weight loss.  I am thinking of going back to work next week, not sure yet!  So close to Christmas that I may take another week to be home with my daughter!!!  Best wishes to all of you!

I had my surgery on the 4th and have done pretty good.  I did not have any nausea or throwing up at all.  I did have spasms in my esphagus that radiated to my left side. I had 2 cat scans and had to drink all of this crap!  It was torture too!  They found nothing wrong with me. These s[asms were very painful!  I lost 8lbs. when I went to the dr. on the 12th.  I am doing ok on my fluids and protein,  It is hard to get all the water in and I usually don't!  I am trying to get more everyday though!  I had very little incision pain and did not use my liquid  meds but 2x.  I hope that everyone is doing good after their surgery.  I do not have a scale so do not know how I am doing on weight loss.  I am thinking of going back to work next week, not sure yet!  So close to Christmas that I may take another week to be home with my daughter!!!  Best wishes to all of you!

I vote for taking that extra week! :)

My surgery is at 7:30 am Monday morning.  First one in line.  I'm on day 11 of the diet and I'm finding it SO much easier now.  I actually find it hard to get my third shake in because I'm not hungry anymore.  When I feel hungry I grab a few grapes or a couple pickles. I went out today to get my Isopure and Nectar.  Expensive!  Glad I won't have to continue on with Isopure after the first week.  I bought a few Pure Protein shake samples and am having one now.  Cookies 'n Cream.  Eh, not bad.

Well, tomorrow is THE DAY.  This two-day liquid diet sucks!  I am SO hungry.  I had a meltdown this morning because I was hungry. LOL  I just keep telling myself, "It's only temporary. I will eat again."  I'm now wishing for the shakes, which I can't start back on until next Monday.

Well I've made it to the other side. Feeling pretty good and might get to leave today. Can't wait to have this catheter out

CTgirl - congrats on almost getting home. Hope you are doing well.

I am 36 hours away to leaving to go to hospital. O boy!

I hope that everyone is doing well!  I had my surgery on the 4th and I have lost 20lbs.  I am still having problems getting my water in.  Otherwise I am doing ok.  If you had surgery please post and let us know how you are doing!!!

Doing well.  I got to go home on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas day.  The only thing bothering me is the gas bubble under my rib cage.  That will go away soon.  No pain from the incisions or anything.  I'm drinking lots of water, Nectar (hate the 40g Isopure so I ditched it), broth, and popsicles.  Can't believe it's been almost a week and I get to add milk, yogurt, and protein shakes next week.  :)  I'm supposed to get a minimum of 40g/day protein this week and I'm getting about 50g.  It's upped to 60g/day next week.  I've lost 7 pounds since surgery and about 20 pounds from the pre-op diet.  My total is 28 pounds. :)  

The 12-day pre-op diet was easy.  I will say that the all-liquid two-day diet before the surgery was f***ing TORTURE!  I'm not ashamed to admit I had a meltdown on Sunday morning because I was SO hungry.  ***Warning...this falls under the TMI heading*** ... I was surprised that i was still having bowel movements (liquid and unpredictable) considering I was having just water, isopure, broth and jello.  So, I had a couple strawberry jellos.  I go to the bathroom and see that everything is red.  I thought I was bleeding internally.  Then I realized it was the jello. LOL  Sorry, just had to share.

Had surgery on the 16th and doing much better, Cannot get all the protein in at all. I get full so quickly , sometimes just a couple of bites, the shakes just make me gag! I bought the unflavored isopure, and put it in sugar free hot cocoa last night and that worked but a little nauseous.  Waking up with bad headaches. not sure why? all in all thought feeling good, getting around more and out of the house helps a lot!!

I have my surgery tomorrow December 28! I am having band to sleeve conversion with hiatal hernia repair! Will let everyone know how it goes soon!

Had surgery on the 16th and doing much better, Cannot get all the protein in at all. I get full so quickly , sometimes just a couple of bites, the shakes just make me gag! I bought the unflavored isopure, and put it in sugar free hot cocoa last night and that worked but a little nauseous.  Waking up with bad headaches. not sure why? all in all thought feeling good, getting around more and out of the house helps a lot!!

headache might be your body just detoxing from caffeine or sugar maybe?

I had my surgery on the 17th and did great up until a couple days ago. I started getting a runny nose and horrible sore throat now I'm coughing and I'm having what seems like non-stop watery diarrhea and now I'm feeling weak and just want some real food! I'm still on liquid diet for another 2 weeks and for the first time I feel like I'm going crazy. Please tell me it gets better. Yes, I've lost about 27lbs which is great but right now I'm at wits end! I needed to vent and hopefully get some support from others.

ginam,  It does get better.   I hope you are not getting sick!  I had surgery on the 4th but Ii had gastric bypass.  I have lost 20lbs; I am having a problem getting my water in.  I drank a lot of water before my surgery and can hardly tolerate it now and I do not like the SF fruit drinks at all.  I have tried 3 so far.  And with liquid going in, it will be the same going out!!  Can you have soups?  You can put them in the blender to get the chunks out.  I did veg soup this way.  It is hard but you hav the worse over with now!  Best of luck to you!

I had my surgery December 11th with no complications! I am on puréed diet til Jan 2 then soft foods for two weeks then regular foods! I am no longer on blood pressure, insulin, and other meds since surgery! Have already had my one week post op dr visit! All has been great but my hormones are wacked! I was suppose to see Mother Nature but she hasn't shown which is not like my body! I am usually very punctual! Sooo I am not sure what the deal is! Anyone have any advice!

Well I'm laying in the hospital bed just got my IV started waiting on the doc now! Not feeling very nervous just anxious! Wish me luck and say a little prayer for me today! Thanks!

Well I'm laying in the hospital bed just got my IV started waiting on the doc now! Not feeling very nervous just anxious! Wish me luck and say a little prayer for me today! Thanks!

Good luck!!  You'll do great. :)

Ginamand I had surgery same day. I had a rough go for a few days after surgery. That cleared up 3 days later. Then I had an illergic reaction to the adhesive (that's what the dr said at my week out appointment). I'm still having it. They've had me taking children's Benadryl and now putting cream on it. If I still have it tuesday, I'm supposed to follow up with my gp. I'm totally tired of itching. It needs to STOP.

C

Give me some ideas of what you ate on your first week postop!

I drank Nectar for my protein, water, hot tea with Splenda, 15g Isopure, and broth.  That was it.  I started back on my shakes yesterday, but I find them daunting and just too thick.  I went out and bought Pure Protein prepared shakes and I'll see if I feel better with those.  I went out and bought some soups, which I'll have to strain of course, and some plain yogurt that I'm flavoring myself.

CTgirl!

How are you doing with the prepared shakes I also bought some pure protein and its nasty and thick I can't tolerate it! I am going to find me some premixed drinks! How is the nectar? What does that taste like? I am feeling almost 100% still get tired and want rest but everything else feels great! I went up 4 pounds after surgery in the hospital but I have lost that plus 7 pounds so 11 pounds together! I am really struggling with wanting to eat something just for the crunch sensation! I had a couple panic attacks yesterday thinking I made a huge mistake because I just wanted to eat and I couldn't have what I wanted..then I start thinking what if I get a leak and have to go back into the hospital blah been really emotional and crazy feeling.