Cali2AK

December....Anyone?

I found out recently that I will have a December date. Sooo, I thought it'd be a good time to get to know some people on a similar timeline.

my coordinator said ill have a December date. my last NUT appointment is on Nov 26th

I have a date of 12-16.  Look forward to learning from each others' journeys!

I'll be getting my surgical clearance and last NUT visit next week then submit to insurance. My surgeon is injured so I have to wait until December for surgery.

When did you guys start this process?

I'll be getting my surgical clearance and last NUT visit next week then submit to insurance. My surgeon is injured so I have to wait until December for surgery.

I started very end of June I think with my first NUT

I'm scheduled for December 4th :)

I have a date of 12-16.  Look forward to learning from each others' journeys!

That's my date too, I'm still pondering the should I or shouldn't I phase, I need to decide soon.

I've been so anxious waiting for my approval. Its only been a few days but I want to know now! I know I'm ready to do this but until I a set date I can't get excited.

It happened real fast for me, I went to the seminar in September, my appointment with the surgeon was Monday, and they gave me my folder with everything in it, the date for surgery, the lab paperwork, the upper GI paperwork, the numbers for the psych eval (next Tuesday), the nutrition class (21st of Nov), and the start of my 3-week preop diet, (Nov. 25th). 

I think that's why I'm still at the "WOW, this is really happening" phase.

I think I am looking at a Dec date I was hoping for Nov but I dont think its going to happen!

My nurse coordinator at aetna called today to tell me she still hasn't seen a request for approval from my surgeon's office. It's normally entered within 48 hours of them getting it. She called to give them the fax number to the reviewer for my case. I hope they send it over soon so I can get a date. They were supposed to send it on Thursday. It feels like this is taking forever. I'm so ready to start my new and improved life.

I know how you feel I have been waiting since last monday for the sugeon's office to send it in. I was told by the end of this week but I doubt it.

Just got my date merely minutes ago!  December 5th is the official date!

Actually going to call on Monday and reschedule for December 11. Just under 7 weeks away!!!

Just got my date merely minutes ago! December 5th is the official date!

Exciting! Congrats!

Looks like ill be getting a mid= December date!! all requirements met, just have to meet with the medical director on the 12th of November then off to see the surgeon for a date!! I am so ready for this! wish it was sooner!!

Exciting! Congrats!

Thanks Cali2AK...I did get my date switched to December 11. I think that is 6 weeks from tomorrow!!!

Looks like ill be getting a mid= December date!! all requirements met, just have to meet with the medical director on the 12th of November then off to see the surgeon for a date!! I am so ready for this! wish it was sooner!!

Jj66 I know what you mean...I wish mine was already done! It'll be worth the wait though...a great holiday gift to myself!

I am scheduled for Dec 17th. All clear with the doctors. I have one more appt with my surgeon again but the insurance papers were submitted yesterday. Its nerve racking, scary and exciting all in one. Kind of like having a baby.............LOL

So happy for you! I wish I had an exact date! I wont know until after my appointment with the medical director on the 12th, then she sends me to see the surgeon to get a date, I'm praying for a mid December date. I had heard through another patient that a lot of people are trying to get there surgeries before the end of the year because of insurance changes or deductibles resetting. Makes sense. I just hope I'm one of the lucky ones to get a date sooner rather then later!!

So happy for you! I wish I had an exact date! I wont know until after my appointment with the medical director on the 12th, then she sends me to see the surgeon to get a date, I'm praying for a mid December date. I had heard through another patient that a lot of people are trying to get there surgeries before the end of the year because of insurance changes or deductibles resetting. Makes sense. I just hope I'm one of the lucky ones to get a date sooner rather then later!!

jj66 - Keeping my fingers crossed for you.  Best wishes!

Having Gastric Plication surgery on December 20, 2013. Can't wait.

I'm hoping for a December date! Depends on if I can speed things up at the cardiologist office with my sleep study. My follow up isn't scheduled until 11/27 even though my last pre-surgeon appt at main office is the 13th. I'm on the cancellation list and I have an inside source at the office, so I have my fingers crossed! 

Once all of my paperwork is turned in then I can see the surgeon and it'll get sent to insurance for approval. Two coworkers who went thru the same office (and obviously have same insurance) took about two weeks to get approval and had a surgery date of about two weeks later. 

Last Nutritionist Appt on Tues w/ the class, and my scheduling appt with my surgeon on the 11th!!!!!! ::squeee:: OMG I seriously can't believe I did it! I made it! Its really gonna happen!!