AlisonBC

Major nerves!

Surgery is Wednesday and when I think about I have panic attacks! I'm freaking out! I keep asking am I rushing into this? Have I done all I can? Am I making a huge mistake? I feel like I can't breathe!

Sorry needed to vent!

Take some deep breaths!!! I did the same thing. From one Alison to another, Good Luck!!! You will do fabulous & be so glad when it's over. Keep us posted!!!

I don't think it helps my husband is being an unsupportive @*# which only adds to fear bc I need his support. I'm afraid I'm going to have no support afterwards and I can't parent 4 kids and recover at the same time. I just need to go to bed and quit worrying for tonight at least. Thanks Alison. :)

Good luck! Nerves are normal, you couldn't be better prepared having been active on this site. We will support you afterwards.

Alison I worry too. My husband is support but when he walks out to work, it's all me. You know this is the right thing to do. These past couple days I have questioned myself a lot. Deep in my heart I know I am a food addict. I need intervention. I'm sure you feel the same way too, deep down. I am praying for you. Just don't dress about this, once you get there and get this over with you will be so happy.

The nerves are pretty normal Alison but what kept me focused was the fact that I'd been trying to lose weight for 35+ years prior to my WLS.  As each year went by, I just ended up heavier than the year before so patently, I couldn't do it on my own.

My DH was supportive of my decision to have WLS but I know that ultimately, the closer I got to my surgery, the more he tuned-out.  And I can't blame him for that.  I lived and breathed everything WLS related and looking back, he was probably sick to death of hearing me go on and on and on about it.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.