My journey

sweetpea1981

Figured I would introduce myself, instead of just lurking on the site....lol. Had my surgery August 19, I felt like crap for the first week, but I'm great now. Will be going back to work on Monday. I hope to have a good journey with my weight loss.

OMG!! you've lost a lot of weight so far.. congrats!!!!  

This has been such an incredible journey! In 4 months I have lost over 90 pounds, I only need to lose 69 more to meet my goal!!!! That is just crazy, but in a totally awesome way. I have no regrets with my decision to have this surgery. This was the best decision I could have ever made for myself, and I'm just thankful that I had people to support me and insurance that helped pay for this wonderful tool. I wake up every morning and I'm just so thankful for this surgery and my surgeon. I never could have done this without the surgery.

Clothes are fitting better which I LOVE. I still have more weight to lose but I can see it, it is not out of reach anymore!!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the family! Wishing you continuous success on your journey!

Figured I would introduce myself, instead of just lurking on the site....lol. Had my surgery August 19, I felt like crap for the first week, but I'm great now. Will be going back to work on Monday. I hope to have a good journey with my weight loss.

Here comes a late: Welcome to tt =)

• 2 weeks later...

I am 2 ounces away from the century mark! So if all goes well tomorrow I will have lost 100 lbs or more!!!!! Happy dance! Then I'm only like 6 lbs away from Onederland.....I'm so excited I was in a 2 week stall and it broke yesterday so the scale is moving again and these milestones are rushing at me and I'M LOVING IT! I'm just so happy with life and for the first time in my life I'm happy about my weight, I still want to lose more but the happy is coming from the weight going in the right direction now!

Edited by sweetpea1981

Thank you everyone! Today for the heck of it I decided to put on the one pair of pants I saved from my before surgery clothes. I put them on and was marveling at the fact that these used to fit me well, now they are huge, I mean like super huge......I'm not where I want to be yet I still need to lose almost 60 pounds, but I have come a long way! And those pre-surgery pants that I will keep probably for the rest of my life show me where I came from and how far I've come and they show me that I never want to go back there again. This surgery is a blessing and I am thankful for it everyday!

I saw some friends over the weekend that I haven't seen in a couple of years, they had no clue about the surgery, as soon as I walked in they were like wow you have lost a lot of weight you look great! I told them how and they were great asking a few questions. They are the kind of friends you can not see in a few years but go right back to where you left off. The kind of friends that will always support me in whatever I decide to do. I was so happy for all their compliments, I felt like a million bucks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have hit onderland this morning! 199.3, I just can't believe it, I'm overwhelmed by the fact my weight now starts with a 1!

I know my scale did go up I gained 3 pounds water weight and spent almost a week getting that out of me! You'll get that 1 though!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'm officialy 18 weeks pregnant! I have had and still sometimes have horrible "morning" lol it's all day sickness....and since the surgery I have problems throwing up (it just wont come back up) so I feel nauseous all day! That sucks, and through the whole 1st trimester I was beyond exhausted! Things are starting to get a little better. For awhile almost everything I ate was saltine crackers with peanut butter and grape jelly on them, and i drank lots of pickle juice......good thing I have a never ending supply considering where I work! It's weird my stomach is getting bigger but the scale isn't really going up.....which I find strange. I've had ALOT of lightheadedness and some dizzy spells when going from laying or sitting down to standing. I'm so happy and scared all at the same time! Just thought I would give this little update.