shrinkingmama

low grade fever

So my temp is 100.58. Should I be worried?

I was told that with an infant anything over 100.4 was a fever. I realize you're not an infant but you just had surgery. I would call your surgeon.

Dehydration can cause a fever, are you keeping track of how much you are getting, checking your urine to make sure it is light yellow and plentiful? Incisions dry and healing, moist and hot is a sign of infection. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks guys. I talked to my surgeon last night. He said Lowe grade temp alone didn't bother him as long as there was no intense pain to accompany it. I took some Tylenol and went to bed and thankfully woke up this morning fever free..

That is great. I'm so glad you called and made him aware of it! See now you feel better about it :)

I had a low-grade temperature for 3-4 days post-op (started on day 2) - always started late in the afternoon.  Our instructions stated that it was normal and to take Tylenol but 101° or more then call in.

Up your fluids as much as you can - that should help too.

Thanks Cinwa. I am upping my liquids as much as my pouch will allow today. Sip sip sip walk walk walk :-)