fflintstone

What toy are you getting for reaching your goal weight?

my dream of owning a BMW GSA is just a dream of being able to ride to work on something I like.

I can't even get close to flatfooting that thing. I'm 6+ feet tall, what are they thinking?  It's almost like KTM where you need a 37 inch inseam.

Check out the new 2014 Suzuki DL1000 Vstrom. I've owned three DL650's.

I'm gonna be footloose and fancy free today. I have to go work for a while. Then to the airport to renew the Global Access endorsement on my passport. Then to the gym for a solo workout.

Tom, you've inspired me. I'm gonna stop at the Harley dealer. Just to dream a little.

And yes, TurnThePage, that Continental GTC is fantastic. I love the way it looks. 550 horsepower. You can buy em a couple years old in perfect condition for a little over half that. And they look exactly the same. Those cars will go 500,000 miles too.

For me, that is the problem with that car. The premium to buy new is too high. $20k in sales tax to buy it and $5k a month depreciation. Steep.

2-3 years old. That's the ticket.

I tried out a crotch rocket. It was good that I had a helmet on, Nobody could hear me curse as I immediately went into a half-block wheelie. A light bulb went on and I decided that just maybe I might be too old now for one. sigh...

That and the fact that one needs to remember to put one's foot down when they've stopped.

I ended up buying a BMW Z3 roadster,

I had a blast riding around on this yesterday.  It's a FANTASTIC lower body and upper back work out!  Costs around 400.00.  We just happened to meet this guy while we were out bike riding yesterday and he let us try out three different sizes of this peddle bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwljUAHcdc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by Happy-Camper

I had a blast riding around on this yesterday.  It's a FANTASTIC lower body and upper back work out!  Costs around 400.00.  We just happened to meet this guy while we were out bike riding yesterday and he let us try out three different sizes of this peddle bike.

Looks pretty cool! I always liked to borrow little brother's BMX style bike when I was 16 and he was 6 or 7.

I tried out a crotch rocket. It was good that I had a helmet on, Nobody could hear me curse as I immediately went into a half-block wheelie. A light bulb went on and I decided that just maybe I might be too old now for one. sigh...

I sat on my son in law's gixxer a few years ago, there is no way on earth I could ride it. Ergonomics are all wrong for me. He's got a cruiser now, and his brother's gixxer is in my shed for the winter. I'm definitely a standard bike kind of guy, gotta have that upright seating position and I don't need or want 126 horsepower -- would rather keep my license!

I get in enough trouble on my Vstrom 650 at 64HP.

Edited by tmcgee

I sat on my son in law's gixxer a few years ago, there is no way on earth I could ride it. Ergonomics are all wrong for me. He's got a cruiser now, and his brother's gixxer is in my shed for the winter. I'm definitely a standard bike kind of guy, gotta have that upright seating position and I don't need or want 126 horsepower -- would rather keep my license!

I get in enough trouble on my Vstrom 650 at 64HP.

126 HP isn't enough....

I liked the 140 of my Vmax, but I would have preferred a more upright better handling bike.......

still pining for a BMW GSA.........

Edited by fflintstone

I have seen a couple folks on base using these bikes. I looked them up and only found the expensive ones at 3,000. I know u mention you found some at 400. I'd be interested in paying that amount for one verses 3,000 any day LOL. Those Elliptical bikes would sure build a fantastic butt quick! I'd love to own one...Oh and i'd love to own a nice butt too. :P  :lol:

I have seen a couple folks on base using these bikes. I looked them up and only found the expensive ones at 3,000. I know u mention you found some at 400. I'd be interested in paying that amount for one verses 3,000 any day LOL. Those Elliptical bikes would sure build a fantastic butt quick! I'd love to own one...Oh and i'd love to own a nice butt too. :P  :lol:

The guy lives here in my town, but might be willing to have it shipped.  Or else it would be an excellent reason for you to come visit and meet up with the Eastern folks that we're trying to get together this spring!   :)

Here's his website:  http://www.carolinawingflyer.com/  Tell him you know the lady that rode his bikes last Sunday at RiverWalk.  Maybe if I send him enough business, he'll cut me a deal.  haha!  right.  :)  He's a nice guy.  Very southern.  His name is Stanley Smith.   He doesn't have the prices on his website, but he told me that They just came down fro 600.00 to somewhere around 400.00ish.

carolinawingflyer@gmail.com

The guy lives here in my town, but might be willing to have it shipped.  Or else it would be an excellent reason for you to come visit and meet up with the Eastern folks that we're trying to get together this spring!   :)

Here's his website:  http://www.carolinawingflyer.com/  Tell him you know the lady that rode his bikes last Sunday at RiverWalk.  Maybe if I send him enough business, he'll cut me a deal.  haha!  right.  :)  He's a nice guy.  Very southern.  His name is Stanley Smith.   He doesn't have the prices on his website, but he told me that They just came down fro 600.00 to somewhere around 400.00ish.

carolinawingflyer@gmail.com

Hey thanks for that link. I told hubby about it last night. We will look into one of these sometime this year. If we do buy one from him...I be sure to mention you. Really appreciate you posting this. As for a meet up? I wish i could. Hubby will be getting new duty station orders before summer. No idea yet where we will be moving to. I hope back to Jacksonville as we both enjoyed the duty station there. I will keep ya posted.  :)

well I didn't get a new bike but this little guy got a new to him bike for his birthday.

crf1.jpg

crf2.jpg

crf3.jpg

Awesome Fred!  Happy boy there.

No toys for me! My reward is as much for me as for my kids...I'm going to Disneyland!...well, Disneyworld. I grew up in So Cal about 20 mins from Dland...you could say I grew up there. My kids have never been and I want to share that magic with them! So, as soon as my butt will fit in all the rides again, Ima have me some fun!

Well I am almost 100lbs down! I got myself my Jeep Wrangler!!!!

Well I am almost 100lbs down! I got myself my Jeep Wrangler!!!!

YJ, TJ, or JK? post up a pic.

How do I add a pic to this?? I put it as my ticker pic

It's come and gone. *sighs*

post-3219-0-18719400-1397444711_thumb.jp

Drove it 188 miles.

LASIK

LASIK

you will love it!

I live at the beach in California so I'm thinking I'm going to do a little kite surfingpost-49194-0-37050800-1397511038_thumb.j

This is the first look at the Corvette Z06 Convertible.

http://jalopnik.com/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-convertible-this-is-it-1562295097

Think of this in the same colors as the Stingray I had for 188 miles: Silver, black stripes, red interior and red brake calipers. I may do the black-out 18 spoke Z06 wheels instead of chrome.

What do you think? Black or chrome wheels?

post-3219-0-97864600-1397837008_thumb.jp

One more pic showing the stripes

post-3219-0-68423200-1397837314_thumb.jp

Black

Well not at my goal weight yet, but we just bought this.

IMG_7882_zpsedec974b.jpg

IMG_7888_zpsc7ef2c75.jpg

Sweet ride