fflintstone

What toy are you getting for reaching your goal weight?

I'd be happy with just a light baby pink and BLACK riding gear.  ...with tassels.

You know, you ought to sign up for a weekend Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) course. They supply the bike. If you pass, you'll get your license. Even if you never ride again, it's a great way to spend a weekend.

I gave my second daughter the course as a Christmas gift several years ago, she did get her MC license, and she hasn't ridden since. She will at some point, it's been the working three jobs part of her life that's kept her from it.

EDIT: When I got back into riding in 2003 after a 30 year lapse, half the MSF class were women. http://online2.msf-usa.org/msf/Default.aspx?wvsessionid=6a4ad4b138474bcfa211b2ade223660d#&panel1-1

Edited by tmcgee

I would love to do that, but then I would have to go into some serious debt and get a bike. I hate window shopping!

HC, you are a brave woman!  I have been on the back of my husband's bike a total of maybe 5 times in 2 years, and I am terrified each time!  He wishes I would enjoy it more.  In all honesty, I haven't been out with him on the bike since losing weight, and I am guessing it would be much more comfortable now.

We may have to try it again when it warms up.  He does look pretty sexy riding though.

To heck with that!  I don't want to be on the BACK of a bike.  I want my own! 

Did you see this from today?  

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/topic/92551-from-fat-to-famous/

HC, you are a brave woman!  I have been on the back of my husband's bike a total of maybe 5 times in 2 years, and I am terrified each time!  He wishes I would enjoy it more.  In all honesty, I haven't been out with him on the bike since losing weight, and I am guessing it would be much more comfortable now.

Being a little terrified on a bike is a very good thing. They really are out to kill you -- they just don't see you. That's the Zen part of riding, intense concentration.

Yup, cages are the debil. Cages, cars and trucks to you non-riders. Cages because people sit in them and act like they are watching tv on a sofa.

What do cages do? Run bikes down from behind at stop lights. OMG you were texting you stupid #($($($#(#(#**#*#**#

They cut us off, swerve into our lane. And if we are not intensely alert, and trained (MSF rocks btw, I do Experienced at least every few years, and trust me I've dropped a 210 hp sportbike on the figure 8 maneuver pre-exam) we will be statistics.

I was on a group ride once, and in front of me was a lady on a big Harley. She is actually a decent rider. So this van on our side of the road, on the shoulder, decides to just pull a U-turn in front of her, and when he sees her he slams on the brakes, stopping sideways in our single lane of travel. Well, she was intensely alert. I saw her grab 4 fingers of front brake with all her might, and all but stand on the rear brake. That hog smoked the rear tire, skid to the right a foot, she shifted her weight, it skidded to the left a foot, she shifted her weight. Let off the rear brake but held onto that front brake for dear life.

Came to a complete upright stop not 3 feet from the van driver's door. Know what the fool did? He smiled at her. OMG we almost killed him! We did pull him out of the van, but decided it was best to put him back in and laugh at him for pissing his pants.

I'm gonna stay at the Bunny Ranch for a week.

You know, you ought to sign up for a weekend Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) course. They supply the bike. If you pass, you'll get your license. Even if you never ride again, it's a great way to spend a weekend.

I gave my second daughter the course as a Christmas gift several years ago, she did get her MC license, and she hasn't ridden since. She will at some point, it's been the working three jobs part of her life that's kept her from it.

EDIT: When I got back into riding in 2003 after a 30 year lapse, half the MSF class were women. http://online2.msf-usa.org/msf/Default.aspx?wvsessionid=6a4ad4b138474bcfa211b2ade223660d#&panel1-1

I bought that course as a birthday gift to my wife quite some time ago.

I got my cycle endorsement when I was 16. I now qualify for a safe cyclist discount since I have had a license for so long. I bet total I don't have more than 15K miles on road bikes in 35+ years of riding.

I got my cycle endorsement when I was 16. I now qualify for a safe cyclist discount since I have had a license for so long. I bet total I don't have more than 15K miles on road bikes in 35+ years of riding.

Last year was a low mileage year for me at 8,000 miles or so. I've done about 135,000 miles since 2003. I've read that the average rider does 2000-3000 miles a year.

I've owned several motorcycles. A couple of Honda 750s, a Triumph Bonneville, a Kawasaki KZ 550, but never a Harley.

I always coveted a Sportster or an Indian. Bones was an emergency med doc for several years and really puts her foot down about motorcycles as a result. It's no longer an option for me if I wish to maintain household tranquility.

My Zen when I rode was to pretend I was invisible. Ride like your invisible. Someone pulls out in front of you. Meh! I'm invisible. I do the same driving a Corvette.

The upside is that I get to own 'vettes, airplanes and boats instead.

I've owned several motorcycles. A couple of Honda 750s, a Triumph Bonneville, a Kawasaki KZ 550, but never a Harley.

I always coveted a Sportster or an Indian. Bones was an emergency med doc for several years and really puts her foot down about motorcycles as a result. It's no longer an option for me if I wish to maintain household tranquility.

My Zen when I rode was to pretend I was invisible. Ride like your invisible. Someone pulls out in front of you. Meh! I'm invisible. I do the same driving a Corvette.

The upside is that I get to own 'vettes, airplanes and boats instead.

I get it about domestic tranquility. I did give up riding for 30 years while my kids grew up. My wife's has no interest at all in motorcycles, she's only vaguely aware of them in the driveway. When I did get back to riding it was a '78 Honda CB750. When little brother got licensed in 2005, he went with a Sportster. No cruisers for me, or sports bikes, I'm definitely a standard kind of guy, upright seating. I've owned three Suzuki Vstroms since 2005, all 650's. The 1000 version has been redesigned for 2014, I like the looks of it and I'm tempted, but they are not yet available. I might hate it when I sit on it. It would likely put my license at risk. Last years honda cb500x is also tempting, it feels good and is cheap at $6,000.

So basically you don't ride a motorcycle. :)

Looks like my TimeOut motorcycle camper trailer will be ready to pick up in 2 weeks or so.

Weather is so bad around here, I'm going to pull the big trailer down to Sterling VA with my truck, and put the motorcycle camper trailer on the big trailer to bring it home.

Then take my motorcycle down to have the hitch and wiring put on it in the Spring after it warms up some. 

So basically you don't ride a motorcycle. :)

I wouldn't say that. I have only taken one "trip" on a bike. from my former Detroit suburb home up over the mackinaw bridge, thru Canada around lake superior and back thru Minnesota, Wisconsin and the UP. Then home. I had a fair amount of rain. I was tired of camping in a tent by the time I got home.

I would like to ride more but I don’t have an adequate bike at this time.

My dirt bike mileage over the same 35 years is easily double that though. And anyone who has ridden a dirt bike 100 miles on a single track trail or even a two track can tell you it is a lot more than doing 100 miles on asphalt.

Ok, the off-road I get now. Didn't know you rode a dirt bike.

I have also, but haven't owned a dirt bike for 20 years. I couldn't ride one now anyway, my knees are too bad and off-road they are needed more than on-road.

Ok, the off-road I get now. Didn't know you rode a dirt bike.

I have also, but haven't owned a dirt bike for 20 years. I couldn't ride one now anyway, my knees are too bad and off-road they are needed more than on-road.

FWIW my entire life I have always wanted to ride much more than I did. I mountain biked a lot before my knee problem and that was just as good as dirt biking but in a different way.

dirt biking is a passion, but life gets in the way of going.

my dream of owning a BMW GSA is just a dream of being able to ride to work on something I like.

I got a call from the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky yesterday and the factory "picked up my order". That means the new C7 will be ready for delivery in 2-3 weeks.

Getting close now.

I got a call from the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky yesterday and the factory "picked up my order". That means the new C7 will be ready for delivery in 2-3 weeks.

Getting close now.

IT IS A HELL OF A CAR WISH I COULD OWN ONE.

As long as we're on wish lists...  I want a Bentley Continental convertible like the one that was beside me on the freeway this morning. Absolutely gorgeous, in an understated way. Base price is over $238k, so I will have to get slim quick and marry very well indeed.

As long as we're on wish lists...  I want a Bentley Continental convertible like the one that was beside me on the freeway this morning. Absolutely gorgeous, in an understated way. Base price is over $238k, so I will have to get slim quick and marry very well indeed.

Hey, a girl can dream ;)

When I get small enough I am going to get my glider airplane license. I can't wait I have really wanted to fly a glider for a long time but was always too big.

Hey, Avi... will you give me your old one?  :)

Anything for you H-C, except that I sold it already.

Every time this thread scrolls by, my mind gets dangerous. I have a bad habit of buying motorcycles in February when my cash flow is the best of the year.  :lol: