fflintstone

What toy are you getting for reaching your goal weight?

Well, my goal gifts depend more on the completion of a business transaction (gotta love private equity), but I'm going to take a second honeymoon with the hubby to Europe and then get a Tesla Model S.

Is it OK for me to beg for a ride in that Model S now???   You know, maybe I shouldn't, because one might just come home with me.  (It'd better not -- I bought my Cadillac last year and my wife's Buick Enclave last month!  Enough cars for a while ...)

Aren't sales fun??  I spent the first part of my career as an IT engineer -- got to build some of the world's largest databases and systems -- then moved into a sales engineer at a Really Big IT Company.  After 5 years of beatings, I left there and went to a small (well, compared to the behemoths previously) reseller as a straight-up sales exec.  I LOVE my job!  The best part is that I'm reselling my last company's product to my 1st company.  So.  much.  fun!

You need to hone those Segway skills!

I got my Harley in August.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That right there is one SEXY beast!!  Wish I could get into bikes; I can appreciate 'em, but they're just not for me ...

Gotta get that Segway under control.  Instead of the Segway, I may have talked my wife into an espresso machine for my soon-to-be-finished basement bar.  We'll see. :)

Although I posted it in men’s issues, a toy is just that, something to enjoy. And something to reward yourself for all your hard work.I haven’t spent the last 35 years of my life just to have the pleasure of paying taxes and keeping a roof over my head. I work to buy things to enjoy.Beyond food water shelter air, just about everything else is a luxury. It is what we want to spend our money on that makes us unique. Some people travel, some women have 100’s of shoes, some people collect Hummel figures and some collect motorcycles. It doesn’t matter.If I had more money I would have better toys. I just wanted to see what others desire. I see a facelift an boob job no different than Aviators corvette.

Yes! I'm enjoying this thread so much. I know that I have held back on things simply because I want to enjoy them when I get to goal. What's the point of having a new bike or car, for example, if you struggle to use them.

Yes! I'm enjoying this thread so much. I know that I have held back on things simply because I want to enjoy them when I get to goal. What's the point of having a new bike or car, for example, if you struggle to use them.

Yeah, my behind was too big for that Infiniti but probably isn't now.  :)  My ring finger is about a size 6 now and when I'm down to a healthy weight, it's about a size 5.  

Saving all my money up for plastic surgery!  And if I don't need it, probably a nice trip.  I've always wanted to do a cruise around the southern tip of South America.

Wow! I didn't even think of plastics! My parents are aging well, so I have genetics on my side, sorta. I have a feeling that I'll need to have the "girls" lifted.

Yeah, my behind was too big for that Infiniti but probably isn't now.   :)  My ring finger is about a size 6 now and when I'm down to a healthy weight, it's about a size 5.  

Don't be surprised if your ring size is even smaller.  When my husband proposed, my engagement ring was a size 4.  I had to have it sized down to a 3.5.  The jeweler had to add little inserts so that the diamond setting wouldn't be compromised.  My fingers have the perfect BMI.  LOL!  

I'm not getting anything for myself for hitting goal.  However, should I get to 199 I'll be buying a 1965 mustang convertible.  :-)

post-47293-0-73614400-1413301812_thumb.j

Don't be surprised if your ring size is even smaller.  When my husband proposed, my engagement ring was a size 4.  I had to have it sized down to a 3.5.  The jeweler had to add little inserts so that the diamond setting wouldn't be compromised.  My fingers have the perfect BMI.  LOL!  

You have tiny bones! The smallest my fingers have ever been were 7 3/4. My ring is currently a 9 and sliding off all the time. I think I need to get it re-sized soon.

You have tiny bones! The smallest my fingers have ever been were 7 3/4. My ring is currently a 9 and sliding off all the time. I think I need to get it re-sized soon.

My bones are the only tiny thing on me.  I have never thought of myself as a person with a small frame. Hmmmm.

My bones are the only tiny thing on me.  I have never thought of myself as a person with a small frame. Hmmmm.

I used to tell people I had a small frame and they looked skeptical.  A lady the other day told me, "wow, you were right, you DO have a small frame!"   It was just hard to see under all the fat.  :-/   Actually, I'm probably more of a small/medium frame.  My smallest adult ring size was 5 before I gained weight.   Happy to say, I'm back to my size 5 rings!

I used to tell people I had a small frame and they looked skeptical.  A lady the other day told me, "wow, you were right, you DO have a small frame!"   It was just hard to see under all the fat.  :-/   Actually, I'm probably more of a small/medium frame.  My smallest adult ring size was 5 before I gained weight.   Happy to say, I'm back to my size 5 rings!

Same here!  I am definitely small framed, it was just in hiding :)

Wow..but seriously when I weighed 125 in high school my class ring was 7 3/4. I would say right now, my finger is an 8.

Wow..but seriously when I weighed 125 in high school my class ring was 7 3/4. I would say right now, my finger is an 8.

I can wear my high school class ring now, but the college ring owns that real estate.  My fingers were too fat for either before.

I even dropped a two hat sizes.   :P

I already have a ton of toys.  My "goal gift" is to use one in a special way.  I have been a biker for many years and just before my surgery, I traded my two bikes in for one brand new one.  Unfortunately, I have only ridden it three times as now I can not until things heal.  But my plan is to do a solo cross country trip on the new bike, for as long as it takes, and to where ever the road leads me.  And as I am retiring at the end of the year, I don't even need to put in a vacation request.

10352268_868511486505924_870240482067660

Edited by ylekiote

Sweet! So where are you headed in her inaugural trip?

The weather has been so perfect here that I've been riding mine to work everyday. Today, I head out to Amsterdam, and it's weird. I'm feeling a little separation anxiety from her. Bones is going wth me, so who is "her"? My bike, Mamba, of course.

post-3219-0-52185400-1414059795_thumb.jp

BTW - I'm at my goal weight now.

And congratulations!

Edited by Aviator

She is called the "Lady in Red".  Other than short rides around SoCal, she won't get a long run until after the first of the year.  I do plan to ride her to Arizona this spring for baseball Spring Training. Her first long run will probably be this summer on a group ride to Colorado for the Star Days event.  My bucket list plan is to ride from San Diego to Key West but that will have to be in a couple years.

I have an Academy Class ring that I have not been able to wear in over 20 years.  It has to be around here somewhere.  I have to find it and someday wear it again!

I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early being pre-op, but I've already been loosing weight and feel great. Been thinking before I started, that I always wanted to get into Mountain Biking in the XC Trails nearby I live. Awesome great trails that end overlooking a view of the City in the bluffs.

Kona Fire Mountain AT

D7z1JIf.jpg?1

Edited by WesGrande

I can wear my high school class ring now, but the college ring owns that real estate.  My fingers were too fat for either before.

I even dropped a two hat sizes.   :P

I droped a hat size and a half, the next size is too tight and the one I'm wearing is loose :)

I already have a ton of toys.  My "goal gift" is to use one in a special way.  I have been a biker for many years and just before my surgery, I traded my two bikes in for one brand new one.  Unfortunately, I have only ridden it three times as now I can not until things heal.  But my plan is to do a solo cross country trip on the new bike, for as long as it takes, and to where ever the road leads me.  And as I am retiring at the end of the year, I don't even need to put in a vacation request.

10352268_868511486505924_870240482067660

I'm in Long Beach, not too far. I have a wide Glide, couldnt see your pic for some reason so I dont know what you're riding, but we are not too far away from each other to meet in ceanside or someting :)

This is my toy:

jrb-bear-mtn-bridge-captions.jpg

Not as expensive or as major as many of the other toys, but this is what I'm really excited about.  I love backpacking, but I've been restricted to short overnight trips.  I'm really looking forward to doing longer trips.  The weight limit on this type of backpacking hammock is usually 250 lbs, so it's been way out of reach for me.  Now, I'm less than 40 pounds to go!  

WC - the value of a good toy lies not in what it cost, but in the pleasure it gives. The best toys for me are actually the ones I give to someone else.

My HOG chapter does an annual Toy Run every year - where the members find local underprivileged children that won't be having Christmas otherwise. Bones and I are giving a purple 10 speed bike ( and a few other gifts) to a 13 year old girl. I don't know and have never laid eyes on her, but can't wait to see her face.

Many years ago, when I graduated from the Riverside (CA) Sheriff's Academy, I bought a class ring.  I was a lean mean fighting machine way back then.  But a few years of shift work and eating donuts and my class ring no long fit.  Well folks, for the first time in over twenty years, the SOB is on my finger and IT FITS!  I am so stoked.