VRob53

Return to Motorcycle Riding / Vehicle Driving

I ride a 2010 softail custom  shock horror to most , i was itching to ride the first ride i was 2 weeks post op just went for a short ride 100klms to the beach, i was ok after, then last sunday went on a club ride it was 400klms i made sure i had a good breakfast, and carried gatorade/power ade sugar free. I noticed i was so thirsty so at the stops, made sure i drank plenty of water, the way up i was firing on all cyliders but the way back felt a little tired but i was ok, so i doubt il be able to crack a wheely for a while, but my surgeon gave the all clear to ride, i think its important to get back on the bike asap. I did notice my strength was a little down, so my dr recomened Creatine Monohydrate so i add it into my shake to prevent muscle wasting, gotta get those muscle :)

I really recommend a camel backpack , fill it with gatorade or just plain wáter and it will really help you keeping hidrated through your ride !!

CamelBak-Octane-XCT-Hydration-Backpack-m

Yeah, I take a camelback on daylong rides and have for a few years, long before the surgery. I'm the guy who doesn't usually get off the bike to gas up.

Will def get the camel back.

I don't think I will be able to ride bike as soon as I wanted to but I will get back on it ASAP.

No sense getting this done and lose my favorite hobby

I had my op so i could do all things i enjoy  bikes n cars are my hobby well im a tad crazy about bikes, its a good feeling to put on your motorbike boots and not feel like youv run a marathon, i love riding its true therapy for me .

Well I am going to goa ride today. It's been 3 weeks since my surgery. And I too am like you Violet, I love riding my bike and the feeling of not huffing just because I put on my boots is going to be a great feeling.

I drove on day 5 after the GB.

In my discharge orders it said as long as I was off pain meds and could look behind me.  I went back to work the same day.  (9-1-1 Supervisor).

In recovery, they hooked me up to one of those "every 10 minute" morphine machines.  I took two doses in recovery and two in my room.  Did not like the feeling, and I never touched the liquid pain meds they gave me.  Driving was my motivator.

I picked up my 2013 HD Ultra from the dealer (10K maint) on day 10.  Started riding everyday on day 11.  Hardest part was rolling it off the center stand at the gas station.

I picked up my 2013 HD Ultra from the dealer (10K maint) on day 10.  Started riding everyday on day 11.  Hardest part was rolling it off the center stand at the gas station.

I had clearance to ride after two weeks, but didn't feel up to it for six. At eight weeks, I did 3000 miles that week.  :-)

I looked at my dirt bike yesterday...... :(

I looked at my dirt bike yesterday...... :(

When you're ready, there isn't any doubt.  Hang in there.

I agree with tmcgee.

I was determined to not be down.

While we're at it:

9941121423_d13eda30e2_b.jpg

my son threw a leg over his pw50 when we got home I asked him if he wanted to ride it tomorrow he said yes! so I may throw a leg over mine. I can legally ride it down my road where I live.

onc7.jpg

I rode after 1 week 3 days. No issues but took it easy. Told the doc and he just smiled and shook his head and said I was doing great. I really think he expected me to. He did clear me today though after my two week and two day follow up. But he laughed about that too.