kimberkara

At the hospital!

My laptop did not come with me because the hard drive wouldn't start this morning. WTH? lol I swear it feels like this has been more difficult every step of the way than typical, but there's a reason for everything right?

See you on the losers bench in a couple hours!

I'll be thinking of you babe - I'm warming up a spot on the losers bench.

Kimberly don't worry you're gonna do great

godspeed young lady. 2 more days for me.

Hope everything went smoothly for you.

Looking forward to sharing the bench with you! I hope all went smoothly.

I hope everything went OK.  Let us know how you are doing. :)

Hoping everything went well for you!!!

Checking in to see if we've had an update.

Hope you are doing Well. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you are doing.

If you're like me, you're sleeping a lot, experiencing a lot of terrible gas pain under your heart on the left side, trying to walk and use the bathroom as often as possible, and trying to choke down at least one hospital meal of soup, jello, and ice, in the whole time you're there.

I'm hoping you're not like me and are bouncing back like a super bouncy ball, but just in case, I'm saying a little prayer for you.

I hope everything went well!! Congrats!! :)

hoping you have a amazing recovery.

Surgery went well. I was in the recovery room for a long time. Maybe 4 hours, instead of 1. Not sure why but it didn't bother me because I slept through most of it. lol

The first 24hrs were hard on me mostly due to gas. It made me very nauseated whenever it move and I threw up a couple times. Yesterday morning I could only take the shallowest of breaths due to gas pain. I knew I needed to walk, but I wasn't able to do it until midday. I was also unable to urinate on my own, so I was catheterized twice yesterday morning. Apparently I am quite sensitive to general anesthesia. 

By the time I had been in my room for a full day I was doing much better. Walking the halls, sipping water and clear liquid. Everything is staying down. I am currently trying creamy tomato soup and strawberry banana yogurt - yay for full liquid! Urinating is still hard work, but I'm doing it on my own. I have been having to pee, walk the halls and do it again. 

As advised I didn't bring much with me, nor have I needed much. I am wearing a comfy pair of house shorts and a sleeveless shirt. I am snuggled up in the chair with my special blanket from home, which is what I use for a pillow at night. The door is closed, my pandora is playing my favorite songs, and it feels good to be alone. It's quite serene.

Everyone is telling me I look great. I probably look better now than when I arrived, because this is the most amount of sleep I've gotten in the past 7 years. lol

Thanks everyone for your support. I am excited to be here on the losers bench. A huge load of stress is gone. Now I am in control of my life again. I only need to follow the program and listen to my body. woo hoo!!!

So glad you are doing much better...  I also had trouble peeing for awhile, but it gets better day by day!!!

Yeah!  Welcome to the losers bench!

Not being able to pee after being catheterized isn't unusual.  I sat on the toilet for what seemed hours (numerous times) before I was able to go on my own.  But it does get better.  And then after the first night without the catheter, I wished I had it back in - no sooner I got comfortable, I needed to get up to go to the bathroom again!  LOL!

I did not get a cath for surgery. I think it was the general anesthesia that hit me so hard. In the past I couldn't eat for at least a day, or it came back up. My bladder just didn't want to work. 

Now, when am I going to remember to SIP? I've been concentrating on getting water down post-op and am having a hard time breaking the habit of gulping. Boy, that air hurts!

they told me about an hour. Two including prep and post-op recovery was what I was told to expect.

I'm so happy to hear that it went so well! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Now I'm home and finally got myself in bed. The children are piled on with a dozen books, the cat keeps trying to walk on my stomach, and my husband is moaning in the living room because he has a cold. I just finished 6oz of Isopure Zero. Not sure if it's supposed to taste like dish soap, or the container I used has dish soap in it. Either way, it's staying down!

I'm up 10 lbs according to my home scale. Phooey!

Eeek.... do not weigh when you get home, have we not harped on you for that? hehehehe   All those fluids they pump you full of in the hospital leads to angery scale staring.  I gained quite a lot; wasn't till the 2nd week at least it started melting.

I am so glad to hear that you are home!!  

Oh gosh, please don't weigh yourself now!  I made that mistake once and saw that I gained 4 lbs...it's all water weight, gas, etc.  I was down 12 lbs at my first follow up 6 days post op, so it comes off quickly.  

I had the cat on my lap issue too.  2 of the 3 kept trying to jump on me.  I put a very large pillow over my tummy and let the two girls lay on that....it softens the blow a little.  Take it easy and tell hubby to suck it up!  LOL!

I told DH to grow a pair. I'm about to send him to his mother's house, who came over (2 houses down) just to let me know she is sick. Bunch of pansies! 

SO... Why is my heart beating hard? I'm sipping sipping sipping... could it still be dehydration? It feels like a hangover without the pain.