KHEAVERIN

2 days post op!

I got to come home this morning :)  I have 5 small wounds only one bothers me. The gas pain got bad last night so I'm walking as much was I can, still can't pass gas. my shoulders are stiff and sore  but all in all I'm glad i did it. Water is going down fine not sure about 64oz but I'm going to try.  What do y'all do for gas other then walk? 

Gas-X strips did help some for me, walking and more walking.  I also did some bending over and stretching my arms over my head (as much as I could anyway).   I had a lot of pain post-op and found that alternating a heating pad and ice packs on my abdomen helped quite a bit.

I am hoping for drugs for post op pain. the only thing I have heard for gas is to walk and move your body.

I am hoping for drugs for post op pain. the only thing I have heard for gas is to walk and move your body.

Hot tea can help with gas issues too.

I didn't really do anything for the gas, other than wait it out. About day 5, it eased up a LOT. Before that, it was like somebody slugged me there... hard!

What do y'all do for gas other then walk?

Heating pad!! It has saved my back. They gave me one in the hospital and it was so soothing for the gas pain. I'm 9 days post op and still have mine plugged in by my bed. Hope you feel better soon!!

Edited by Kipa

How are things going for you?  I had surgery on 08/20.  I haven't experienced any pain, so I can't help in that department; however, I found a great tasting soup that we're allowed to have on full liquid diet.  Let me know if you're interested in the recipe.  My daughter fixed it up for me and put it in 2 oz. freezer cups.  It has been a lifesaver.  (cream of tomato mixed with beef consomme with water and worcestershire sauce).  Very yummy thickened with 1 tsp of mashed potato flakes.

It will get better, like PDX says mine got better about day five. try to keep moving, roll your shoulders and raise your arms. (do that little happy dance that your life has changed!) I am right a head of u, 7 days post op today and feeling Much Better!! More energy and getting excited for some soup ;)

Wishing you well!