fflintstone

August 21st for me

I have an august 21st surgery date; I start my 10 day diet on Monday. My wife has surgery two weeks later on September 11th. I am a little overwhelmed but excited at the same time. I am truly hoping this surgery helps me to do what I have failed to do my entire life.

Was very active for an overweight person my entire life and I no longer am. A rapid weight gain (55 lbs in the last two years) and a breathing issue have debilitated me to point where I use a mobility scooter where piratical. I am sick of being a cripple and even if I have less than average results I will be far better off. I am truly hoping to be above average though.

Congrats on the date.  I am sure you will do fine!

Congrats and good luck with your surgery!! It was one of the best decisions I have made!! :)

Good luck! I'm the 27th can't wait.

I was down 6 lbs for my pre op appointment!

7 more days, wish it was tomorrow.

Congratulations! I'm right there with you (Monday). It's so very exciting!

Congratulations!!! Mine was the 14. And I'm doing good just some gas pains so walk walk walk 

Congratulations on your date! Like you, I was very active for most of my life despite being overweight my whole life. While I never got to the point of needing a scooter, I did get to the point where walking was painful, standing up from my desk was painful, and going up stairs required serious thought as to how important it was for me to go upstairs.

My profile pic is from a few weeks ago when I went on my first backpacking trip in almost 5 years. I have no pain when I stand up. I walk, go up stairs, etc... without thinking. I still have a ways to go, but I am amazed at how much better I feel in only 3 months.

I hope all goes well for you and your wife!

Thanks everyone. I went in yesterday after work for blood and an EKG. I actually had a mild panic attack during the EKG! I think the amount of something like that ever Happening to me before could be counted on one hand, but WOW it was weird.

We have to be at the hospital at 7:00 AM tomorrow. Hopefully I am first up. The doc normally does 5 on a surgery day.  Wish me luck, please say a prayer if you do that sort of thing.

Fred, you and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all goes smoothly for you both!

Thinking of you and your wife today..  hope all goes well, cant wait to hear an update..

Thinking of you! Good luck and speedy recovery. :)

Hope all went well! Can't wait for an update.