morningstar85

Aug 26th is the day! Nervous but excited...

Hey all! I'm officially having my RNY surgery on 8/26...after months of planning and testing it's finally happening :-)

I'm nervous since I've never had any type of surgery before and I dont know how much pain ill be in but so excited for my life after surgery.

Is anyone on an all liquid pre-op diet? I start next week and I have a feeling I'm going to be so miserable for 2 weeks - all I get is 5-6 protein shakes a day and occasional broth, SF jello or popsicles. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive it lol

Congrats ! I'm the morning of the 27th.... Starting my pre op diet Sunday .... I am allowed some veggies and cream of wheat or oat meal. Hope this helps me a bit. We can do it !

I started my pre OP liquid diet on July 31, my surgery is August 22. I am starting to find it hard but have to stock to it, but don't want to take any chances of my surgery getting canceled.

I am with ya mine is 8/27 I am second case so he is not exactly sure what time.. all I know is I have to be at the hospital at 6 am and yes I am so thankful for the small meal I am allowed each day..

my surgery is Wednesday, I am more worried about the post op diet.

If you are committed to the surgery you need to be committed to the diet. this is a LIFE CHANGE.

the surgery is only a tool to help YOU lose weight.

I am pretty lucky that my pre op diet is not liquid and only 10 days.

Mine is actually a pretty sensible weight loss diet and fairly easy to follow, but every surgeon is different.

Edited by fflintstone